VController: controlling the Boss Katana

Started by sixeight, November 17, 2018, 10:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixeight

Here is the ultimate foot controller for the Boss Katana!

The support of the Katana is the most complete and extensive one the V-Controller has to offer.

Features:
* Selection of 8 channels, panel and 80 extra patches (stored on VController)
* Delay and reverb spillover (under the right conditions)
* Switch all effects and use them at the same time.
* Tap tempo of both delays: delay1 quarter note, delay2 dotted eights.
* Expression pedal control of many parameters.
* Edit almost all parameters from the VController with your feet.
* Upload patches via Gumtown's FXfloorboard editor.
* The VController is fully programmable, both on the unit and via VC-edit an editor for PC and Mac.

Gurbz

Grtz,

Gurbz

Frankenstein GK2-A strat/VG-88/GP-10/Cube 80XL/M-audio black box/Heritage guitars/Hook Amps/ Boss ME-5/Boss ME-8/Boss GT-3/Boss GT-5/Pro co RAT 1987/ Meris pedals/ Ton of eighties rack gear

aliensporebomb

I'm pretty sure the V-Controller will be able to control everything eventually...
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

gumtown

Quote from: aliensporebomb on November 21, 2018, 01:37:55 AM
I'm pretty sure the V-Controller will be able to control everything eventually...
Only a matter of time before it becomes self-aware, and reaches a level of ASI  ;)

Superb project !!
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

sixeight

Quote from: aliensporebomb on November 21, 2018, 01:37:55 AM

I am at 75% of memory use, so I can do a few more devices and then it is full.

It is a pity only very few people manage to build one. I just can't come up with a workable business model to do it myself.

CodeSmart

Yes, indeed great work and theres's even more work soon with Katana V3  ;D
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

sixeight

Quote from: CodeSmart on November 21, 2018, 11:09:35 AM

Keeps us busy. I am curious what Boss will add and if it fits in the 16 bytes I have left in the internal memory model of the VController.

fificap

Waouh,

Incredible, it's exactly what all katana owner should dream on. I will check the instructions and pray to have the knowledge to build one.

Thanks

AIDEN

is it possible to make one of these thats has no footswitch and is just the processing since i already have a midi controller.

sixeight

Quote from: AIDEN on January 03, 2020, 01:17:18 PM
is it possible to make one of these thats has no footswitch and is just the processing since i already have a midi controller.

Yes, you could leave out the switches, LEDs and encoders. Everything can be controlled and programmed from an external editor. You will have to think of a different solution for the enclosure though.

fificap

Quote from: CodeSmart on November 21, 2018, 11:09:35 AM

Hi, V4 is now available for Katana 1st generation! Will this wonderfull controller works??

Happy new year to all <3

sixeight

Quote from: fificap on January 04, 2020, 12:29:57 AM
Hi, V4 is now available for Katana 1st generation! Will this wonderfull controller works??

Happy new year to all <3

I am planning to add compatibility with V4 firmware in the coming weeks. Hopefully it is not too much work. There are lots of new features coming in the next firmware of the VController/VC-mini:
- better support of external midi foot controllers
- backup of Katana patches in Vc-edit
- And a lot of bug fixes.

sixeight

The YouTube on the VController and the Katana has hit over 10k views. Never thought my endless ramblings would be that interesting.... ;D

sixeight

And finally there is support for the Katana MK2 as well: