GR-55 - Boston Hyperspace Pedal

Started by the-destructor, October 01, 2018, 02:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the-destructor

I just ran across this video and thought - "WAY TOO COOL", the one thing Tom Scholz did, that I CAN'T. This is utilizing a GT-10B, but... The obvious thought was, this "should be achievable" with the GR-55. I have NOT sat down and tried this yet, and truth be told, don't know that I'm able to... the 55 challenges me at times. I thought I'd throw the thread and see what happens. I would hope there are a few Boston-sound fans out there. Here's the link.

aliensporebomb

I shouldn't.  Does the 99 need such insanity?  Cool idea.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

bosetuno

I´ve tried to do exactly that on the GP10 and VG99 with no luck. My impression is that you cant assing non interpolated parameter changes to assign controls to avoid the glitches they generate. But in my opinion is a lot of functionality lost.

bosetuno

I could assign time delay changes to exp pedal through the exp pedal assing menu, but I couldn´t through the Assign 1-12 menu

admin

Quote from: bosetuno on October 02, 2018, 05:13:34 AM
I could assign time delay changes to exp pedal through the exp pedal assing menu, but I couldn´t through the Assign 1-12 menu

GP-10 ( use external Expression pedal 2 )

GR-55

aliensporebomb

Quote from: bosetuno on October 02, 2018, 05:06:07 AM
I´ve tried to do exactly that on the GP10 and VG99 with no luck. My impression is that you cant assing non interpolated parameter changes to assign controls to avoid the glitches they generate. But in my opinion is a lot of functionality lost.

Right - seems like the Scholz thing is analog and the GP10/VG99 is so digital it hurts in some ways.  Hmmmm...
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.