JTV - Arislaf's Realistic JTV Bundle

Started by arislaf, August 02, 2018, 03:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob_Paul

Quote from: arislaf on February 26, 2019, 12:28:03 AM
Thanks you for your comments! The metalizer is after a gibson flying v with dimarzio dactivators aproximate sound, while the 89, is jtv 89.

Great Arislaf, thanks again, buddy, you rock!

Ludek

Hi Arislaf, as I already had JTV some years ago and what to expect from modeling in Variax Standard, I even didn't try to test the original models and never will after I daved your ones. Thank you. Really feel the difference!

arislaf

Quote from: Ludek on March 01, 2019, 10:46:45 AM
Hi Arislaf, as I already had JTV some years ago and what to expect from modeling in Variax Standard, I even didn't try to test the original models and never will after I daved your ones. Thank you. Really feel the difference!

Wow mate that was awesome comment, thank you for that! Keep rocking!

bdenen

Man, you are some kind of guru with this stuff.  I am blown away by this bundle.  Looking forward to diving in to the Helix stuff you created.  Killer job.

arislaf

Quote from: bdenen on March 09, 2019, 05:44:30 AM
Man, you are some kind of guru with this stuff.  I am blown away by this bundle.  Looking forward to diving in to the Helix stuff you created.  Killer job.

Thank you mate! They are linked together, the presets and the variax, so I guess you gonna like it :)

GK2000

Outstanding job, arislaf. Your bundle has permanently replaced the original patches on my JTV69. Thank you very much for sharing your work!  Cheers

arislaf

Quote from: GK2000 on March 21, 2019, 05:27:14 PM
Outstanding job, arislaf. Your bundle has permanently replaced the original patches on my JTV69. Thank you very much for sharing your work!  Cheers
Thank you for your kind words!

mikiray

Thank you arislaf, this a wonderful bundle!

arislaf

Quote from: mikiray on March 26, 2019, 12:14:50 PM
Thank you arislaf, this a wonderful bundle!

Welcome mate! Thank you for your comment!

bangha

Just downloaded to try on my jtv59. Thanks for all the work you've put into this. Will report back with my findings!

arislaf

Quote from: bangha on March 28, 2019, 01:14:12 AM
Just downloaded to try on my jtv59. Thanks for all the work you've put into this. Will report back with my findings!

Thanks awaiting for your response.

bangha

Quote from: arislaf on March 28, 2019, 05:17:51 AM
Thanks awaiting for your response.

Hey Arislaf!

Well, I had a chance to play around for the last hour or so, mostly with the Tele and Strat. The Strat is absolutely gorgeous sounding, a really really awesome job! The Tele feels dark though when played back to back with the Strat which feels a bit odd as I was looking for more twang and sparkle out of the Tele. Do you have any suggestions that might helps liven up the tele twang? I'll be happy to experiment and report my findings back!

Oh, and the Firebird body model you have in there, an absolute delight as well. I really look forward to playing through the rest of them as time allows!

Thanks again for the awesome work!

arislaf

Quote from: bangha on March 28, 2019, 10:06:30 AM
Hey Arislaf!

Well, I had a chance to play around for the last hour or so, mostly with the Tele and Strat. The Strat is absolutely gorgeous sounding, a really really awesome job! The Tele feels dark though when played back to back with the Strat which feels a bit odd as I was looking for more twang and sparkle out of the Tele. Do you have any suggestions that might helps liven up the tele twang? I'll be happy to experiment and report my findings back!

Oh, and the Firebird body model you have in there, an absolute delight as well. I really look forward to playing through the rest of them as time allows!

Thanks again for the awesome work!

Thank you for your kind words and i am happy you are enjoying and giving feedback.

As for the tele, you can swap the body with the mansonite plank ( the one i use on strat). Or give me a sec to upload now the patch. https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=25507.0

Have in mind that the original sound of the custom tele of 60s was dark ans dull, but i also find it bad for the twangy sounds i am looking for.

spemph

I love what you've done!   Any chance you'd consider making a video showing us all how you perform this wizardry?

Also...  Somebody PLEASE send Arislaf a RED SPECIAL tone to model!  That would be quite a feat!   ;)

arislaf

Quote from: spemph on March 29, 2019, 07:17:41 AM
I love what you've done!   Any chance you'd consider making a video showing us all how you perform this wizardry?

Also...  Somebody PLEASE send Arislaf a RED SPECIAL tone to model!  That would be quite a feat!   ;)

Can write down a guide if you like, explaining everything, but a video, i am really ashamed a bit... lol....

Yeah, a red special would be lovely adition to model!

Thanks again for your pleasant comments mate, have a happy weekend!

Guys bring it on, i am still ashore, give me something to model!!

Vettacon

Quote from: arislaf on February 26, 2019, 04:30:18 AM
Ahem... Just did the helix stuff and upload it. Fully recomend to try helix native free trial 15 days period with this sounds. You gonna love it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4r7gucctc4ydkye/AACzuVidRrsSbORyqG72fpwSa?dl=0

Well, I broke down and got me a Helix Arislaf and followed up and checked out your patches too.  You like that Double Take I see. My favorites of yours so far are the Bassman, DC30, the S6616 (SS#3), Super Lead Over and Super Lead Over 2, the Tremolo 50, and the TwinTwelve1484.  Some really inspiring tones you've created.  Realized too half way through your patches that you also tied the Variax to the patches which is way cool.  Thanks for your work on these and I look forward to more.  R/ Vettacon

arislaf

Quote from: Vettacon on May 20, 2019, 04:19:11 PM
Well, I broke down and got me a Helix Arislaf and followed up and checked out your patches too.  You like that Double Take I see. My favorites of yours so far are the Bassman, DC30, the S6616 (SS#3), Super Lead Over and Super Lead Over 2, the Tremolo 50, and the TwinTwelve1484.  Some really inspiring tones you've created.  Realized too half way through your patches that you also tied the Variax to the patches which is way cool.  Thanks for your work on these and I look forward to more.  R/ Vettacon

Thanks a lot for your feedback mate!! Great, i am happy you enjoyed them!

Yes, the double take i use it for double tracking, instead of recording two times the same :)

Guessing from your likes, you are a rocker/blues player. Wish i could hear your playing!

trondeide

Master Arislaf, did you get to model that Suhr?

arislaf

Quote from: trondeide on May 21, 2019, 10:15:44 AM
Master Arislaf, did you get to model that Suhr?

No, nobody has given me a sampe unfortunately    :(

Boasleyboy

Just found these. Thank you!!!   what a difference.

arislaf

Quote from: Boasleyboy on June 08, 2019, 08:07:29 AM
Just found these. Thank you!!!   what a difference.

Welcome mate!!! Glad you are enjoying!

gabetreiyer

Quote from: arislaf on August 02, 2018, 03:45:41 PM
Finally done and almost perfect. We all know that variax has the potential to sound as the original guitars that models, but it is not there yet. This is my best effort to sound as close to the true guitars as possible. Though, that for the jazz guitars i used humbuckers. And there is the les paul junior, as well as the gibson custom from the variax 700.

Hope you will enjoy!

F.a.q.
1) the body swap was intensional to match the models.
2) the values of tone volume and capacitor were also intensional, same as above.
3) strings that were used, elixir nanoweb 10'
4) the volume is consistent in all models, and was made to match my jtv 69s. Single coils pickups. If needed, adjust to your jtv.
5) it took me years of effort to find the sounds of the original guitars, and members contributed to get samples of the original guitars.
6) i can replicate your guitars sound. Just send me a p.m. if you want. I am looking in almost daily basis here. If i don't reply, means i am sailing. (Seaman is my job) but eventually even after months i will get on it.
7) keep on rocking and enjoy. Also evaluating my work on these sounds, is a big deal for me. Like them or not, just leave a comment.

Thank you for reading and downloading the bundle!

Updated so that the strings of the SEMI to match the overall volume.

Arislaf, seriously, thanks so much man!
I´,m a gigging musician and just as an example, i was about to sell my JTV-69 and now, it really sounds as it was supposed to.
When i did my last tour along with the singers from TOTO, Boston, Survivor, Joe Lynn Turner and Journey, everyone was blown away by the sound of the guitar. i only changed the metalizer for tha fake jazzmaster preset and the Thunderbird for the Red Special preset.
Now, it´s killer.
Thanks so much again for all your effort, and without a shadow of doubt, LINE 6 should hire you as consultant, because you sir, definitely raised the bar.

arislaf

Quote from: gabetreiyer on June 16, 2019, 01:49:53 PM

Arislaf, seriously, thanks so much man!
I´,m a gigging musician and just as an example, i was about to sell my JTV-69 and now, it really sounds as it was supposed to.
When i did my last tour along with the singers from TOTO, Boston, Survivor, Joe Lynn Turner and Journey, everyone was blown away by the sound of the guitar. i only changed the metalizer for tha fake jazzmaster preset and the Thunderbird for the Red Special preset.
Now, it´s killer.
Thanks so much again for all your effort, and without a shadow of doubt, LINE 6 should hire you as consultant, because you sir, definitely raised the bar.

Amazing comment, thank you very much for this awesome comment!!! I am happy that you enjoy my effort , thank you for replying! I wish you good tours, with many fans, and enjoy the sounds, both you and your fans!

Best wishes, take care
Aris.

petermerlot

Hi Arislaf,
I'll record my Suhr pro for you (SSH) as you have asked but I can only record it from my Helix so through a patch. Is that OK.
Regards
Peter

arislaf

Quote from: petermerlot on July 22, 2019, 05:54:32 PM
Hi Arislaf,
I'll record my Suhr pro for you (SSH) as you have asked but I can only record it from my Helix so through a patch. Is that OK.
Regards
Peter
More than ok. Make sure you use no effects and no amps, and that input impedance is set to 1.
BUT. will be after 7 months that i will be abke to do the simulation, since i am currently on board  (seaman)