My IR experience

Started by romero, June 14, 2018, 06:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romero

Hey all. over the past year i have incorporated IR pedals on my Board. First i started running a Boss Gp 10 Cabs off with a Logidy EPSI REV C (cabinet mode). The EPSI sounds WAY better than the GP 10s cabs In my opinion, much fuller and pleasing to the ears. The unit offers stereo ins and outs, but i only use it in mono. The interface is very basic and a bit of a pain to navigate the onboard EQ. 999 slots are available via SD the card, the patch naming is also a bit ridiculous offering only a 3 digit numeric display so to remember many cabs you have to make a chart. I played this through several setups and gigs, front of amp, amp return, interface to studio monitors all sounding quite good and consistent. A few months back i got a Mooer radar, and after testing the logidy is now for sale, the radar for me does everything the EPSI does and more, but more intuitively, sounds just as good to my ears and adds a better Eq section, + a power amp section, and a mic section, all switchable and easy to control with small but full screen or downloadable GUI for computers. 36 IRs are loadable via usb with a much better alpha/numeric naming system. hoping to try the NUX solid studio next, And waiting on Boss/Roland next VG/GP system