GT-1000 - Report Bugs Here

Started by Danelectro, June 08, 2018, 10:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonagiovi

Warning to all: I discovered a serious bug.

I had some trouble with the reverb cutting off on louder strums, did a factory restore from system>stompbox suspecting it may be due to some saved settings but a global total system restore was performed instead, deleting all my user patches.  >:(

Luckily I had some backups but I lost several hours to get the unit back to my preferred settings.
That wasn't welcome at all. I could be wrong but that seems like a serious issue.

P.S. The trouble with reverb weirdly ducking itself with hard strumming on bridge pickup is still there...

M.Guitar

There is a bug when using manual mode and GT-1000 is connected to a WIN10 PC via USB Tone Studio running: Internal expression pedal does not change volume control continuously. When I disconnect USB everything is OK. When USB is connected and Tone Studio is not running: everything OK.
But: with running Tone Studio volume changes step by step by using internal expression pedal.
Hint: This happens only in manual mode - not in patch mode!

admin

Quote from: M.Guitar on July 22, 2020, 06:35:33 AM
There is a bug when using manual mode and GT-1000 is connected to a WIN10 PC via USB Tone Studio running: Internal expression pedal does not change volume control continuously. When I disconnect USB everything is OK. When USB is connected and Tone Studio is not running: everything OK.
But: with running Tone Studio volume changes step by step by using internal expression pedal.
Hint: This happens only in manual mode - not in patch mode!

Most Boss Gear suffers same issues - you can not use the USB Connected Boss Tone Studio at same time as using and moving the Expression pedals. it results in odd erratic behavior of the expression pedal  due to the CPU placing a priority on communicating with the Boss Tone Studio vs servicing the moving expression pedals 

M.Guitar

I found out that corruption of block chain (Cab block and speaker block) is always when I use a patch directly out of librarian: every patch I click on in librarian is corrupted when I switch to editor to have a look at the patch. It only works fine when I copied patch from librarian liveset to user patch list in GT 1000 first. After that I can change to editor and everything looks correct.
This is a bug.

E.g.
Correct:
Mix3 -> Cab (M LR) -> Out (M LR)     -> Cab (S LR) -> Out (S LR)
         |                                              |
         -------------------------------------

Corrupt:
                                |                       |
                                --------------------

I don't know how to add a screenshot here so I tried to draw it like in DOS times...

In words:
Correct:
Mix3 to "Dot divider" - then one way to Cab (M LR) to Out (M LR) - other way to Cab (S LR) to Out (S LR)

Corrupted:
Mix3 to Cab (M LR) to "Dot divider" - then one way to Out (M LR) - other way to Cab (S LR) to Out (S LR)

admin

Quote from: sonagiovi on April 27, 2020, 02:30:27 AM
Warning to all: I discovered a serious bug.

did a factory restore from system>stompbox suspecting it may be due to some saved settings but a global total system restore was performed instead, deleting all my user patches.  >:(

there...

FWIW = On Most M.I. gear, performing a  FACTORY RESET or RESTORE ALWAYS DELETES ALL USER PATCHES

its best to always maintain a local backup of any crucial user patches.

admin

Quote from: M.Guitar on August 25, 2020, 06:00:42 AM
I found out that corruption of block chain (Cab block and speaker block) is always when I use a patch directly out of librarian: every patch I click on in librarian is corrupted when I switch to editor to have a look at the patch. It only works fine when I copied patch from librarian liveset to user patch list in GT 1000 first. After that I can change to editor and everything looks correct.
This is a bug.

E.g.
Correct:
         |                                              |
         -------------------------------------

Corrupt:
                                |                       |
                                --------------------

I don't know how to add a screenshot here so I tried to draw it like in DOS times...

In words:
Correct:
Mix3 to "Dot divider" - then one way to Cab (M LR) to Out (M LR) - other way to Cab (S LR) to Out (S LR)

Corrupted:
Mix3 to Cab (M LR) to "Dot divider" - then one way to Out (M LR) - other way to Cab (S LR) to Out (S LR)

Best to post this at
Roland Boss Zendesk Forum -
its the only place Roland/ Boss employees actually read & respond

https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200152439-Community-Help

( or maybe not)

( these days - I get better support from Line-6, Fender,  NUX, Hotone 

PAH

In FW 3.13 (and all the way back to when manual mode was added), assigns with a source of footswitch 1 - 5 affect footswitches 1 -5 in both memory mode and manual mode.  This severely limits the usefulness of manual mode.  Footswitches 1-5 should be treated as different sources in memory and manual mode, just like they are for control functions.

PAH

In FW 3.13, assigns configured with an on/off target, toggle mode, and an exp pedal as the source always trigger at the middle of the expression pedal's full range instead of the middle of active range setting.  This makes it impossible to configure a virtual toe/heel toggle switch.

PAH

In FW 3.13, the speaker sims are disabled if there isn't an enabled amp block in the path before it.  This makes sense if the speaker type is set to "original" but not for other settings, especially user loaded IRs.  For example, a user might use send/return 1 and the main outs to connect to an on-stage amp with 4 cable method, and the sub outs to go to the front of house mixer.  If playing through the physical amp's preamp, they would generally want an amp sim on the sub out, but it will be disabled, because there isn't an enabled amp sim block in the signal path.

Another reason to allow speaker sims even without an enabled amp block, is if a user wants to use a non-speaker IR.  For example, an acoustic guitar IR.

PAH

In FW 3.13 (and I think back to 3.11), trying to save an effect block into a stompbox location doesn't work.  Boss has confirmed this bug, and provided a workaround:

Set the effect block to use the desired stompbox location, and then set all parameters for the effect.  The setting will be written into the stompbox as you make the changes. 

Although, this does work around the problem, you can't change the name of the stompbox.