VG-88 Subsonic Sensivity Problem?

Started by fendrix, May 27, 2018, 04:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendrix

Ok i write back to this my old post because i think i know where was the problem.

I have now a Roalnd vg88 ( i don't have yet the Gk3) and i tried some effects.
There is the pitch shiter wich i tried to use a -12 semi tones for a bass tone.

On the Lower E string, i have the same problem like my Vg 8, but now i use my guitar pickups.

From when i changed my pickups to some Seymour duncan and Dimarzio i have installed the bridge pickup very closely to the strings.
About 2 weeks ago i plaied with my Eventide pitchfactor and i noticed that it didn't tracked well.
Changing to other pickups wich they are not so close to the strings, the pickfactor tracked perfectly.
Now, on Vg88 i have the same situation, on the bridge pickup  ihave this unstable and slide pitch as my Vg8, but changing to other pickups i don't have this problem.

In fact when i used a guitar with a gk3, i had that problem, and i'm sure now that i had it too close the strings this is the reason why the Vg8 had that problem, and maybe the axon had so many glitechs when i plaied the strings.
I installed so close the Gk3 after that a luthier told me that it should be installed about 0.5 mm but as i see it is not true.

There are another user in another post wich had this same problem, i tried to write him but he didn't answer me.

And now maybe i can understand that subsonic problem with exaphonics bridges as Rmc.

aliensporebomb

So you're trying to produce a patch where your low e plays an octave down and everything else is standard pitch?
I wish you would not have taken your video down since it would be helpful to know what setup you are using?
You mention standard pickups - are you using those or are you using your GK3?

I'd like to hear what you're experiencing.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

fendrix

Quote from: aliensporebomb on May 27, 2018, 06:58:33 AM
So you're trying to produce a patch where your low e plays an octave down and everything else is standard pitch?
I wish you would not have taken your video down since it would be helpful to know what setup you are using?
You mention standard pickups - are you using those or are you using your GK3?

I'd like to hear what you're experiencing.

Hi,
i will post again the video so that you can see the guitar setup with the gk3 which i show in the video.

I have created a patch with a pith shifter -12 semitones like a bass,
in Vg8 i used of course a Gk3,
on Vg88 i used only my guitar pickups because i don't have any Gk3 now.

On Vg8 i used both, only the E low string with pitch shifter or all the strings,
on Vg88 only all strings with normal humbacker.

Before to buy the Vg88 i used the Pitchfactor which started to have the same problem as Vg8 so i figured that the problem was the
humbucker really close to the strings, and i had the problem only on lower E string, which i think, the volume of the string is too high for a too close humbucker and it don't track well.

Then, i buied a Vg88 and i had the same problem.
I figured that the problem is the pickup too close to the strings, in fact when i switch to other pickups, there is not this problem, on pitchfactor and in Vg88.

Now i should to try this on Vg8 but before i have to buy again the Gk3.

fendrix

Quote from: fendrix on May 27, 2018, 01:01:53 PM
Hi,
i will post again the video so that you can see the guitar setup with the gk3 which i show in the video.

I have created a patch with a pith shifter -12 semitones like a bass,
in Vg8 i used of course a Gk3,
on Vg88 i used only my guitar pickups because i don't have any Gk3 now.

On Vg8 i used both, only the E low string with pitch shifter or all the strings,
on Vg88 only all strings with normal humbacker.

Before to buy the Vg88 i used the Pitchfactor which started to have the same problem as Vg8 so i figured that the problem was the
humbucker really close to the strings, and i had the problem only on lower E string, which i think, the volume of the string is too high for a too close humbucker and it don't track well.

Then, i buied a Vg88 and i had the same problem.
I figured that the problem is the pickup too close to the strings, in fact when i switch to other pickups, there is not this problem, on pitchfactor and in Vg88.

Now i should to try this on Vg8 but before i have to buy again the Gk3.

As i promised,
here you are a video with Roland Vg8,
i think i had the strings too close the Gk3 so that i had the same problem i have/had with Eventide pitchfactor.

And a video with Axon ax100 mkII, with typical tracking problems on lower E.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEChEFFQhc0&feature=youtu.be

admin

wax pot the GK Hex PU often resolves alt tuning warbling

GK-3 - Wax Potting = Improve tracking and eliminate microphonic feedback
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43.0