New 13 Pin breakout

Started by KeldAmpworks, March 02, 2018, 06:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: vanceg on May 01, 2019, 10:07:46 AM
The Limo connector works VERY well and is extremely resistant to damage, mainly due to it's absurdly overbult design. It really seems like a vastly better connector than the little DIN jacks...but absurdly expensive...that's it's main downfall as far as I can tell.

I just did a price check on the LEMO-compatible connector that Cycle Research uses; it is not made by LEMO but rather by Touch Technology.  Unit price is about $10-12, depending on quantity.  I've been using these for over a year now and this connector system is absolutely bullet-proof!  During this same time I had a Roland 13-pin connector stuck in the locked position which took extreme surgery to dislodge.  The contrast between the two systems is amazing!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

admin

QuoteTouch Technology.  Unit price is about $10-12, depending on quantity.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Touch-0b-1b-2b-3b-2_62196576031.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.84.1.45e314b0gbknnL

I see these on Alibaba

Which is your preferred  URL Link to buy?

vanceg

Yes, the Lemo versions are MUCH more expensive.  But Joel at Cycfi did good research and the "knock off" version that he selected is solid. I have several of those cables and connectors in use and they've been fantastic.   They are NOT easy to solder yourself...the design is good, with good access to the solder loctions, but the size is pretty small.  If you can buy them pre-wired, do it.