gt 10 and katana 100

Started by badger50, February 15, 2018, 12:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badger50

Hy, please some tricks, how to connect, fx chain and parameter tricks. Can i control katana 100 with gt 10? Tnx

gumtown

4 cable method (4CM) will give the best variance in results.

Guitar > GT-10 input > GT-10 S/R loop send > Katana input > Katana S/R Loop Send > GT-10 S/R Loop Return > GT-10 L/Mono Output > Katana S/R Loop Return.

check that:
GT-10 S/R Loop is switched "on"
Katana S/R Loop is switched "on"
GT-10 preamp is switched "off"
GT-10 Output Select is set to "Combo Return" (disables the GT-10 cabinet modelling)

The Katana preamp will be the GT-10's "Send/Return Loop" if you can visualise the GT-10 chain (use GT-10FxFloorBoard editor).

The above settings need to be saved for each GT-10 patch.
The Katana effects and preamp will sit where the GT-10 Send/Return unit is, with some GT-10 effects before and some after it.
GT-10 Modulation effects should go before, like Wah, compressor, distortion. And delays, reverbs after.

The GT-10 can not control the Katana unless it has a midi port (Head or Artist) or a USB Host device (computer or MIDX-20),
which the first 9 GT-10 patches will cause the Panel and 8 Katana channels to follow patch change.

Good Luck !!!
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

badger50

+Tnx a lot. I conect and work, got volume control.But when plug guitar direckt in katana crunch, lead  and brown chanal sounds mutch better then with gt 10, and clean chanal sounds good with gt 10 .How can i fix that. sorry for bad english

admin

Quote from: badger50 on February 15, 2018, 09:41:19 AM
+Tnx a lot. I conect and work, got volume control.But when plug guitar direckt in katana crunch, lead  and brown chanal sounds mutch better then with gt 10, and clean chanal sounds good with gt 10 .How can i fix that. sorry for bad english

Katana has latest generation Roland / Boss DSP code and often will sound superior to 2008 era GT-10

gumtown

Try the GT-10 in the Katana S/R loop

guitar > Katana input > Katana S/R Send > GT-10 Input > GT-10 L/Mono Output > Katana S/R Loop Return.

Switch "off" the Gt-10 Preamps and use effects only.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

aintthat

Quote from: gumtown on February 15, 2018, 03:06:36 AM4 cable method (4CM) will give the best variance in results.

Guitar > GT-10 input > GT-10 S/R loop send > Katana input > Katana S/R Loop Send > GT-10 S/R Loop Return > GT-10 L/Mono Output > Katana S/R Loop Return.

check that:
GT-10 S/R Loop is switched "on"
Katana S/R Loop is switched "on"
GT-10 preamp is switched "off"
GT-10 Output Select is set to "Combo Return" (disables the GT-10 cabinet modelling)

The Katana preamp will be the GT-10's "Send/Return Loop" if you can visualise the GT-10 chain (use GT-10FxFloorBoard editor).

The above settings need to be saved for each GT-10 patch.
The Katana effects and preamp will sit where the GT-10 Send/Return unit is, with some GT-10 effects before and some after it.
GT-10 Modulation effects should go before, like Wah, compressor, distortion. And delays, reverbs after.

The GT-10 can not control the Katana unless it has a midi port (Head or Artist) or a USB Host device (computer or MIDX-20),
which the first 9 GT-10 patches will cause the Panel and 8 Katana channels to follow patch change.

Good Luck !!!

@gumtown , I am doing exactly as you mentioned. Although, my Boss Katana Pre-Amp is being disabled. So, VOlume, Gain and channels from it does not work. In this case I had to turn on the pre-amp on the GT-10.

Is this the expected behavior? I mean, I'd love to use the Katana's channels (crunch, lead and brown), but this way I cant.

gumtown

You need to enable the Send/Return loop in both the Katana and GT-10, on each patch or channel that you wish to use the Katana preamp.
On the GT-10, loop on for katana preamp while GT-10 preamp is off.
Lopp off while GT-10 presmp is on for using the GT preamp.

A second option is to setup the GT to use the dual channel divider to place  the S/R loop in on channel, enable the GT preamp in the other channel, and use a GT control to toggle channel A & B to select between internal or external preamps.