GT-1000 - Videos

Started by admin, January 24, 2018, 08:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

admin

Elantric

admin

Boss GT-1000 LCD Menu Navigation ( 2018 Winter NAMM show)

admin

gumtown

Boss GT-1000 VS Line 6 Helix VS Fractal AX8 SHOOT OUT - by Glenn DeLaune

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

Elantric

Smash

Love the overtones patch - I'll be cloning that on Helix!

Drives seem either blackface Fender or Marshalls. Mono synth very Vangelis (as is overtones tbh) - but why not add the pitch shift octave slide as used on Pedal Power?

Overall sounds really, very nice indeed - is it sticking it's head above the Helix/Headrush etc. pack sonically? IMHO no.....not yet....however....

Bill Ruppert

Sounds like a Boss unit...Sounds like every one I have. Kind of plastic out of the box high end wise.
Also I hear the Boss caustic/intermod mids at times. I was hoping that would have gone away.
I bet its built great like all their stuff and has tons of tweaking, but so far I would not throw $1000 at it.

admin

admin

Elantric

Smash

Shoot out his kinda pointless - different guitar and poor Helix patch, he's obviously not a fan! Fractal sounded best but again, what model, what tweaking etc.

admin

Well worth watching - many detailed patch screens

admin

The BOSS GT-1000 is a premium amp and effects processor for guitarists. Designed for superior tone and exceptional musical response, the GT-1000 is the first-ever guitar multi-effects processor with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit/96 kHz internal processing. Driven by BOSS's latest custom DSP engine and filled with cutting-edge BOSS technologies, the GT-1000 delivers class-leading performance in a compact and lightweight floor-based unit.

admin

Elantric

Here is the result of my little experiment this afternoon. Wasn't going for "great" just wanted to see how close I could get with basic amp settings and a little EQ. I did figure out that you can defeat the AIRD output settings by turning the mic output to zero and the direct output to max. Makes it a lot easier to compare preamps directly.

It's worth noting that the sounds I was able to get out of the GT-1000 into the amp return (no Marshall preamp) leave me not wanting to use the tube preamp at all. Still a good exercise, though.

Elantric

Convertor test!!  GT-1000 32bit/96kHz vs GT-100 24bit/44kHz All effects and amps are off, use as an audio interface/AD convertor and recorded directly to DAW via a USB cable.

admin

Smash

32 bit vs 24 bit - what were hearing there is s very different FREQUENCY response. For whatever reason the gt100 has lost some top end. That isn t bit depth difference come on!

Elantric

Quote from: Smash on May 08, 2018, 11:25:34 PM
32 bit vs 24 bit - what were hearing there is s very different FREQUENCY response. For whatever reason the gt100 has lost some top end. That isn t bit depth difference come on!

i thinks its absurd to believe a Youtube (MPEG-DASH) Video distribution format can reveal the dynamic range of 32bit uncompressed wav audio from the new GT-1000   

QuoteOn January 27, 2015, YouTube announced that HTML5 would be the default playback method on supported browsers. YouTube used to employ Adobe Dynamic Streaming for Flash,[71] but with the switch to HTML5 video now streams video using Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH), an adaptive bit-rate HTTP-based streaming solution optimizing the bitrate and quality for the available network.[72]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_Adaptive_Streaming_over_HTTP

admin

mchad

Mike Hermans.   :D

admin