VE-8 Acoustic Singer Looper Issue

Started by phousman, January 13, 2021, 11:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phousman

I have an issue with accidentally engaging the looper while performing. Is there a way to turn the looper function off?
Two out of 3 of the pedal buttons can be customized, but not the looper. I can't find a way to remedy my problem. Any helpful ideas? (Other than shrink my feet, be more careful, etc. haha)
Much thanks to anyone who can help!

gumtown

I have not used a VE-8, but looking at a picture, maybe sticking something on one of the footswitch buttons to make it higher that the next footswitch might help with accidental looper activation.
If the buttons are at different heights, then it is more difficult to press both at the same time.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

phousman

Yeah, thanks. I was thinking about finding something that will cover the far right button so I can't press it. That way when I want to use it, I can just uncover it. Not the best solution but still a solution.

admin

Quote from: phousman on January 13, 2021, 01:48:47 PM
Yeah, thanks. I was thinking about finding something that will cover the far right button so I can't press it. That way when I want to use it, I can just uncover it. Not the best solution but still a solution.

To disable Looper Switch,  Duck tape an old spray paint cap on top of the Looper Switch on far Right on VE-8

admin

Try turning Looper Volume level to "0"

phousman

I just discovered the simple solution! Simply turn off the guitar and vocal loop buttons!!! That way even if I accidentally press the loop stomp pedal, nothing will be recorded and played back. I just love simple and effective solutions!