GR-55 - Brittish crunch

Started by Jim Williams, July 27, 2017, 09:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Williams

Here is a patch with the wild crunch amp model. It is probably a model most have overlooked because it wasn't one of the big 3. I think it sounds like a molded JCM 800 or even a higher gain Marshall or a Friedman. It is in all how you tweak it, when I made the patch I messed around with it a lot and found it could be a clean amp or a Metal amp. It could morph into anything I wanted I was going to make a clip of me noodling around with it but that might be ridiculous. So download it and play around with it. I found it sounded good with modeled guitars as well.

Thanks, Jimmy.......

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

gvidelock

Jim,

Thanks for putting up this patch. It's sounds great.

I've recently taken my GR-55 back out after a year of using the GP-10 exclusively and started re-programming it (the 55) from scratch to try and match up my gig patches from the GP-10.

...Gary
-------------------------

Godin Spectrum SA
Godin Freeway SA
Fender Telecaster with Ghost and Hexpander
Fender Stratocaster with internal GK3 with Synth-Linx
Warmoth custom with internal GK3
Boss SY-1000
Roland GR-55
Roland GP-10
Katana 100W Head

aliensporebomb

Any recordings of said patch?
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Jim Williams

Here is a quick demo..... it is not even very musical but you can hear how it sits in a mix. The only post effect is some boost no EQ or Compression. I wouldn't normally make a mp3 for something that was just something for everyone else to play around with. The patch was posted with the intention that others would take it and build on it.

Jimmy.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.