Katana - Roland GA-FC Foot controller communication

Started by CodeSmart, January 18, 2017, 08:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveO

Quote from: CodeSmart on April 04, 2019, 08:12:40 AM
I don't believe that is true. I think I tried connect a FS to the expr. inputs when I wrote the comm paper.

I just tested this and it does work. A momentary switch plugged into the FX input on a GAFC does switch banks.

sixeight

Quote from: SteveO on April 04, 2019, 08:33:55 AM
I just tested this and it does work. A momentary switch plugged into the FX input on a GAFC does switch banks.

Thanks for testing. Did you use a normally-open or a normally-closed footswitch?

SteveO

Quote from: sixeight on April 04, 2019, 09:30:56 AM
Thanks for testing. Did you use a normally-open or a normally-closed footswitch?

Normally open. Shield to tip on the plug.

SteveO

Quote from: vit3k on April 03, 2019, 09:56:51 AM
I would like to leave USB for editing with android phone but I suppose it's the only way to send program changes.

Having to disconnect the USB cable from the Arduino controller Gumtown and I were working on and move it to my computer for editing is a pain. I guess it's a trade off because using the USB Host shield frees up the Teensy 3.2 rx and tx pins for a 5 pin MIDI connector. I use the MIDI IN (rx) to control MOD, delay 1 and delay 2 and teensy footswitches to control boost, FX, reverb, and loop. It would be nice to be able to use a TRS cable instead of USB. Or better still bluetooth but I don't see me working on that anytime soon.

sixeight

Quote from: SteveO on April 04, 2019, 10:23:43 AM
Having to disconnect the USB cable from the Arduino controller Gumtown and I were working on and move it to my computer for editing is a pain. I guess it's a trade off because using the USB Host shield frees up the Teensy 3.2 rx and tx pins for a 5 pin MIDI connector. I use the MIDI IN (rx) to control MOD, delay 1 and delay 2 and teensy footswitches to control boost, FX, reverb, and loop. It would be nice to be able to use a TRS cable instead of USB. Or better still bluetooth but I don't see me working on that anytime soon.

I have been partly successful in forwarding the data from and to the fxfloorboard editor through the non host USB port of the Teensy. I haven't tested this with the VC-mini yet...

ewidance

Quote from: CodeSmart on March 02, 2018, 09:21:05 AM

I'd like to leave the USB connector free for future use (Widi + mobile editor), so i started to build a little interface based on arduino pro micro for GA/FC.

Tried to drive directly with serial output with no luck. Everything works fine on table, but the signal collapses as soon as it is connected to GA-FC input. Tried to invert serial as codesmart suggested in its PIC post with a transisstor as buffer. No luck also.

Next step will be to build the real GA-FC interface. However, what reference of opto coupler is it? PC410L? And about Q1100? PNP?

Thanks for your attention !