Headrush FX Pedal Board

Started by admin, January 09, 2017, 07:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/marcofnt/videos

admin

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/the-headrush-pedalboard-review.1966979/#post-26968278
This will be an on-going evaluation of the Eleven Rack Headrush Pedalboard as I learn more and use it in different ways.

This thing is not cheap - I paid $750 used and it goes for $999.9999999 new - not cheap.

Assessment after about ten hours of use.

First - I have the Headrush plugged into the EVH 5150 III 100W Ivory (not the stealth model) with matching 4x12 cabinet. By itself this amp is just a solid tone machine

Second - I have had and or still have the Line6 Pod, PODxt, Spider III 240W with cab, Spider V 240w 2x12 combo, Fender GT200, TC Electronic G Major and the TC Electronic Nova System among assorted stomp effects and all-in-one units.

I love the TC Electronics G Major and Nova System in the EVH as well in the Effects loop (no 4 CM method necessary) the plan for the Headrush if needed.
[​IMG]

This this is not a toy - it is a solid metal, heavy serious piece of equipment.

1. the Headrush for getting started is great, the tablet display with finger touch move and edit for effects is the best - just works.
2. I like the way each effect has parameters that associate with the knobs on the right and they nicely adjustable and every effect is written in large letters between the color and the swtich
3.I also like the hands free mode - you push down and hold the switch of the effect you want to adjust and different switches enable you to select and then use the expression pedal to adjust the parameter (mix, gain, volume, etc.) and then you just hit the button that say exit (impossible to miss it)
4. I like the fact that you can assign any of the eight middle switches ((the first two are for going up or down through your patches (they call them rigs)) and the last two (are for tempo/tuner and looper) to any effect/amp - and then you can unassign or reassign by either moving them with your finger or going into the hardware assign menu
5. I like the chorus, flanger, phaser, reverb, overdrive (tube screamer), octave, compressor, the fx loop assignment
6. I love the Headrush in four cable mode.
7. I learned how to set up scenes tonight that allows you to set up multiple effects in a groups within patches within groups for special scenes where they are already on - with certain parameters and then goto next one and do different effects or different params in the same rig (patch set up)
8. I love the Tuner = the entire tablet display is dedicated to the tuner and you can see it clearly from about 50 feet!!
9. I love the expression pedal - it is solid and smooth and very linear.

I have not tried to use it in just effects loop yet - I haven't tried to change the input/output global settings but read the manual and it seems like it will be easy.

I will spend serious time with the amp models AFTER I set the thing up for our band sets as it is with my EVH and maybe try the Fender GT200.

Stay Tuned

alexmcginness

Many are looking for a VG-99 killer but the long and winding road always leads them back to the "king" Roland hit the nail on the head with the VG-99 IMO.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

alexmcginness

Quote from: Panthersn on May 29, 2017, 07:41:22 AM
A big 10-4 on the VG99!!!  I remember doing an A/B blind test with a few people when I tried a Helix, VG99 was the winner 100%

Im with you guys on that.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

aliensporebomb

Hard to beat the 99 even today.  Saw a Headrush today at the local Guitar Center mounted on a stand and plugged into a small PA - the large format and large color screen makes it a good choice for people with vision problems but there's also an aspect of it that might be too large for some people.  The Boss GT-1000 seems smaller by a good bit.  They didn't have any Helix out to compare but I would imagine the Helix and LT would be similar sized.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

admin

http://headrushfx.com/kb/article/2429

MAC OS MOJAVE 10.14 SUPPORT FOR HEADRUSH PRODUCTS

As Apple unveils its newest operating system, it's time to decide if your system is ready for an update. As always, new cosmetic features and desktop animations can be fun to use, but may not mean better performance for the center of your studio. Whether you are an Engineer, Musician, DJ, or any other audio-visual professional, the only thing that truly matters is that your gear works and continues to work when you need it the most.

We're proud to announce that the HeadRush Pedalboard has tested well with pre-release and beta versions of the new OS and will be fully compatible with macOS Mojave 10.14 with no additional drivers or updates necessary.

Please be sure to verify that any additional gear or software titles you are using with the HeadRush Pedalboard are also ready to make the jump to the new OS before updating.

Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a HeadRush product, or if you just have a pre-sales question, the HeadRush technical support team is available to help!

Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community, support, phone support, email support.

www.headrushfx.com/support

aliensporebomb

News Flash - Firmware 2.0 to drop soon!

Some folks on the Facebook group said this has not dropped as yet but should soon.

Features:
-7 New Amps
-160 New IRs
-4 New Modulation Effects (Smart Harmonizer, Tron Filter, Auto Swell, Ring Modulator)
-2 New Reverb/Delay Types (Shimmer, Air Delay)
-Setlist Mode Enhancements
-New Global Settings
-Hands Free Saving of Patches

Maybe they've learned something from Line6.  Be interesting to see how these updates fare, the demo didn't really give much info as to the meat of the updates.

aliensporebomb

This might explain why they were willing to spring for a 2.0 if a new smaller version hardware product was released with a subset of the big unit.
Just think if they did a VG-99 Junior or some similar device?  (Some say the GP-10 was that device).

admin

One of the principal Headrush DSP gurus lives in my town.

Too bad they have no interest in Hex pickup processors

admin

QuoteSmashcraaft said: ↑
Folders? Really?! They are neither mentioned in the changelog nor in the vids I saw.
Can you please try to find out where you saw this exactly?

Quantech wrote>
Yes, folders. Importing IRs on the Headrush/Gigboard is basically like copying files to a USB flash drive. When the HR/GB is connected to a computer it just shows up as an external storage device. When you open the device you will see a folder called IR. You can then put in subfolders and all the files you'd like till you run out of space (which would take an awful lot of IRs to fill that much storage space).

The video is here:

hsuru4u

Quote from: Panthersn on June 05, 2017, 02:40:47 PM
Correct you are!!!  I spent 6 or so hours yesterday building presets and loading IRs, some good results, I had almost convinced myself that I was keeping it until did a quick A & B & C with Bluguitar amp 1 and GP-10.  In short I packed up the headrush and sent it back this morning.  I did try the 4 cable method but there was some tone suck. I'm sure some folks will fall in love with the ease of programming.

......That little yellow pedal still kicks butt  ;D

how is the gp10 vs say the gt1000?  i like the gt-1 alot for the $125 i paid for it

vanceg

Quote from: aliensporebomb on August 23, 2018, 08:08:24 PM
Hard to beat the 99 even today.

So true.  There have been some relivent advances in things like touch panels, which would be nice to see integrated into a VG-1000... but the VG-99 really did cover more of these bases than really any other product on the market...now or past.

vanceg

Quote from: admin on September 27, 2018, 12:08:36 PM
One of the principal Headrush DSP gurus lives in my town.

Too bad they have no interest in Hex pickup processors

Yeah.  Really too bad! 

admin

admin

Free ChopTones Patches for HeadRush
https://www.choptones.com/headrush-free-patches/

HeadRush X ChopTones - Part II
Get Your Hands on Premium Rig and IR Content With Choptones' All-New HeadRush Rig Collection | Pure Tone Rigs
We've done it again! From the 11th October 2018 through to 31st January 2019, HeadRush and ChopTones reunite to bring new and existing Gigboard or Pedalboard customers 11 exclusive rigs of pure tone!

HeadRush, a leading manufacturer of distinctive, cutting-edge equipment for top-level performing and recording guitarists, have again teamed up with world-renowned tone-smiths ChopTones. From 11th October 2018, through to 31st January 2019, get your hands on a master-built collection of 11 pure tone rigs with multiple scenes and 4 high quality custom Impulse Response covering everything from spacey ambient textures drenched in modulation through to earth shattering distorted rhythm tones.

admin

HEADRUSH  2.0 Manual
https://headrushfx.com/assets/Pedalboard-User-Guide-v2.0.pdf

https://headrushfx.com/products/pedalboard#panel5

HEADRUSH 2.0 Firmware
https://headrushfx.com/assets/downloads/HeadRush-Pedalboard-2.0.0-Updater-Win.zip

Changes
Since Firmware Version 1.2.1
• Added 7 new amp models to the Amp category:
o 65 BLACK PRINCE
o 65 BLACK PRINCE REV
o 66 FLIP BASS
o 82 LEAD 800 50W
o 82 LEAD 800 TS MOD
o 85 M-2 LEAD CAP MOD
o 92 TREADPLATE RAW
• Added 160 new HeadRush Exclusive Cab IRs (impulse responses) to the IR category, based on the
following cabinets:
o 60S 412
o BIRCH 115
o BIRCH 410
o BLACK LINE 810
o FAWN 212
o TANGERINE 212OB
o TANGERINE 412
o TREAD 412
• Added 3 new FX to the Modulation category:
o SMART HARM
o TRON FILTER
o RING MOD
• Added 2 new FX to the Reverb/Delay category:
o SHIMMER
o AIR DELAY
• Added AUTO SWELL to the Dynamics category.
• Enhanced the Setlist feature by adding the following:
o Added the ability to group preset rigs into Songs within a setlist.
o Added a new footswitch mode, Song View.
o Added Classic and Advanced options for viewing setlists on the 7" touch screen in Song
View.
• Added the following options to the Global Settings page:
o Added the option to reverse Hybrid View.
o Added options to customize the overall color scheme used on the touch screen and LEDs.
• Added the ability to save in Hands-Free Mode by using a footswitch.
• Added the ability to toggle reverb and delay tails per effect within a rig.
• Added the ability to save expression pedal state (A/B) per rig.
• Added the ability to touch and drag to navigate parameters displayed on the 3 parameter knobs.
• Additional DSP optimization and UI improvements.
Since Firmware Version 1.2.0
• Minor bug fixes.
Since Firmware Version 1.1.1
• Added Octaves effect to the Modulation model category.
• Added Global EQ settings to the Global Settings page.
• Added the ability to quickly select and audition impulse response files in Hands-Free Mode using footswitches.
• Added the ability to select IR (1024) as an alternate output on the Global Settings page.
• Significantly reduced rig-switching time.
• The current view (Stomp View, Rig View, Hybrid View, or Setlist View) is now retained when you power
off HeadRush Pedalboard.
• Minor bug fixes and DSP optimizations.
Since Firmware Version 1.1.0
• Minor bug fixes.
Since Firmware Version 1.0.2
• Added 59 Tweed Prince to the Amp model category.
• Added Air Vibrato effect to the Modulation model category.
• Added More Wah effect to the Expression model category.
• Added Panner effect to the Expression model category.
• Added Gate effect to the Dynamics/EQ model category.
• Added the ability to import .tfx (Eleven® Rack) presets.
To import a .tfx preset, click and drag it to the Rigs folder when connected to a computer and the
HeadRush Pedalboard is in USB Transfer mode, and then tap Sync.
• Added the ability to customize the text on an OLED screen for a footswitch set to Stomp Mode.
To change the OLED text for a footswitch in Stomp Mode, enter the Hardware Assign page, and
then tap the outlined box that shows the current OLED text for one of the 8 footswitches.
• Added Scene feature, which is the ability to assign a single footswitch to control the On/Off parameter
for multiple models.
To assign a single footswitch to control the On/Off parameter for multiple models, enter the
Hardware Assign page, and then tap the Toggle/Hold parameter for one of the 8 assignable
footswitches until it says Scene. Then, tap the Edit text that appears on the footswitch to set which
models will be turned on/off when pressing the footswitch.
• Added the ability to make fine adjustments in Hands-Free Mode by using the two bottom-right
footswitches labeled – and +.
• Added the ability to delete models from the main screen by dragging and dropping them onto a Drag
to Delete bar that appears at the bottom of the screen.
• Added the ability to select 44.1kHz as a sample rate for USB Audio.
• Added the ability to use a search bar for faster access to finding rigs while creating or editing a setlist.
Since Firmware Version 1.0.1
• Added Screen Lock feature. This feature disables the touchscreen, and gives you a simple interface
that shows your current rig name, setlist name, and a customizable image.
To customize the Screen Lock image, while the HeadRush Pedalboard is in USB Transfer mode, place
a .png, .bmp, .jpg, or .jpeg file named LockScreenLogo in the root directory of the HeadRush drive. We
recommend using a 800x400-pixel image (it will be automatically scaled to this size after transferring it).
• Added the ability to place the looper before or after your signal chain. This gives you the ability to
record a riff, and then place it before the signal chain so you can sculpt your rig's sound without having
to physically play the riff over and over again.
To set the looper's location, while viewing the looper on the touchscreen, turn the third parameter
knob (Loc) to place it before (Pre) or after (Post) the signal chain.
• Added ability to truncate impulse response (IR) files to 1024 samples. When your IRs are truncated,
they require fewer DSP resources, which frees up more resources to load additional models and/or IRs
to each rig.
To load a truncated IR, select IR 1024 instead of the normal IR setting when adding an IR to a rig.
• Added the ability to enable or disable confirmation messages that appear while changing your rig.
To enable or disable these messages, enter the Global Settings screen and set Reminders >
Confirm Unsaved to On (enabled) or Off (disabled).
• Added Side Comp effect to the Dynamics/EQ model category. This is a side-chain compressor effect,
which uses the HeadRush Pedalboard's effects return as the side-chain input.
Note: When this effect is in your signal chain, the FX Loop will be disabled.
Since Firmware Version 1.0.0
• Enabled USB audio recording and reamping features.
Important Note for Windows Users: Visit headrushfx.com/support and download and install the
latest Windows driver before using the USB Audio feature.
• Minor bug fixes.

admin

Bummer the HeadRush 2.0 MIDI Implementation remains extremely weak
( below are the ONLY MIDI settings) ( No MIDI CC# for Looper, or FX
--

MIDI Settings: These settings determine how the HeadRush Pedalboard sends and receives MIDI information
from and to external devices. These settings affect only the HeadRush Pedalboard's MIDI input or MIDI output.

MIDI Thru: Tap On to use the MIDI output as a MIDI throughput; any MIDI information sent to the HeadRush
Pedalboard's MIDI input will be sent directly to the MIDI output. Tap Off to use the HeadRush Pedalboard's

MIDI output normally; the HeadRush Pedalboard will be able to send its own MIDI information out of the
MIDI output.

Recv MIDI Clock: Tap On to enable the HeadRush Pedalboard to receive MIDI clock information. Tap Off to
use the HeadRush Pedalboard's own internal MIDI clock (which will not be sent out).

Prog Change: Tap Send to enable or disable the HeadRush Pedalboard's transmission of MIDI program change
messages when you press the upper-left (Rig ) or lower-left (Rig ) switch. Tap Recv to enable or disable the
HeadRush Pedalboard's reception of MIDI program change messages from an external MIDI device.

MIDI Channel: This setting determines the MIDI channel(s) that the HeadRush Pedalboard will send and
receive MIDI messages. Tap this field, turn the encoder to select all channels (Omni), or 1–16, and then
press the encoder.

---
Compare MIDI Implementation of HeadRush 2.0 vs Avid Eleven RACK, which had 26 pages of MIDI CC# (!)
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/support/docs/Eleven_Rack_User_Guide_v90x_71670.pdf[/I]

admin

Elantric

Elantric

tools for JSON formatter and validator.
https://jsonformatter.org
https://codebeautify.org/jsonviewer

Load HeadRush *.rig  patch files into this JSON formatter to see the Headrush patch format

https://jsonformatter.org/

admin