GP-10 - The sympathetic drone cello

Started by mchad, July 09, 2016, 05:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchad

The cello is a beautiful tone as it is. This is a wonderful and haunting variation.

! No longer available

abhijitnath

If you're comfortable with using the GP-10 in conjunction with a VST, xResonance is a (free) sympathetic string generator, that you can tune to different modes, etc. I use it a lot since I play Indian classical music.

mchad

Quote from: abhijitnath on July 09, 2016, 11:42:06 PM
If you're comfortable with using the GP-10 in conjunction with a VST, xResonance is a (free) sympathetic string generator, that you can tune to different modes, etc. I use it a lot since I play Indian classical music.

Thanks!

vanceg

On the VG-99 I create similar sounds (well, vaguely similar, in that they imitate drone strings...) by creating a User defined Harmony for the polyphonic harmonizer one one of the two Chains.  I set it up where no matter what pitch I play on the guitar, the result is a D or A in various octaves.  I put a load of reverb on it, and then I mix in the other chain.  The result is that whenever i pick any note, I get a drone note of D or A.  Then, as you can imagine, you can add other effects including the Freeze effect, and you get some really interesting drone tones. 
Then I mix in the signal from the Magnetic pickup (without any harmonization) or the COSM guitar from the B chain (also without any harmonization) with the drone chain, and you get something vaguely similar to a drone cello.

I be something pretty similar might be achieved on the GP-10.

gumtown

With the GR-55 for a bagpipes drone, I used the PCM hold function on the CTL pedal.
I don't know of any GP-10 built in function which could do the same/similar.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/