Micro BR (original) vs BR80?

Started by MrSparkle, March 26, 2016, 10:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrSparkle

Hoping someone can compare the two:

1. Build quality / Durability (Are they both plastic?)

2. Audio quality of the on-board Mic

3. Amps / FX (Of course the BR80 is better, but is it significant?)

I'm looking to spend very minimally for a leave-in-the-gig-bag device, as I'm not interested anymore in portable laptop/iOS interfaces.

Chumly

I suggest you buy the newer Boss Micro BR BR-80 used.  If you compare it to the older one it would firstly be somewhat subjective and secondly more work and time than would be worth the potential savings (again somewhat subjective).

I have the Boss Micro BR BR-80 but I do not use it anywhere near as much initially anticipated, given the astonishing advancements in iOS software / hardware over the last few years.

I also have the Korg Pandora PX4 and I've used it far more often than the Boss Micro BR BR-80 (possibly because I've had it for many more years and thus it superseded the iOS timeline usability by a fair margin).

If you feel the cost difference between the two Boss effect units is a hardship perhaps there would be some savings to be had in terms of your purchases of pop, fast food, coffee, data plans, energy drinks, etc.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman