Peavey AT-200 ATG Guitar FAQ

Started by Elantric, December 04, 2013, 05:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Peavey AT-200 AutoTune Electric Guitar Documentation
http://web.archive.org/web/20130427132059/https://peavey.com/products/at200/

Antares ATG-3.01 Feature Pack (Guitar Modeling) manual
http://www.autotuneforguitar.com/mediafiles/online_help_records/49_ATG_Guitar_Feature_Packs_v3.10.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/Peavey-AT-200-AutoTune-Electric-Guitar/dp/B008BEENFU/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1386165081&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=peavey+aantares

Peavey AT-200 / Antares Autotune guitar is the first groundbreaking instrument release from a partnership between Antares and Peavey and is the predecessor to a powerful floor based system best described as a possible VG-99 Guitar Modeling replacement  - when it ships in 2015

Antares Auto-Tune for Guitar Floor Pedal -  for all 13 pin guitars
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7286.0

The pedal looks very interesting - and might be all we need (bring your own 13 pin guitar)  - the Antares ATG DSP from the ATG -1 pedal ar in the Peavey AT-200 guitar :

http://peavey.com/products/at200/

Perfect Tuning. Perfect Intonation. Instantly. With the simple push of a button on the new Peavey® AT-200™, guitar players can now create music in perfect tune and pitch. The Peavey AT-200 features Antares® Auto-Tune® for Guitar with String Tune and the Solid-Tune™ intonation system, two technologies that work together to bring the clarity of perfect pitch to this high-quality instrument.

With the Peavey AT-200, you can even switch into alternate tunings like Drop D, Open G, Baritone and more instantly by adjusting your finger positions when engaging the Auto-Tune for Guitar feature. And no bulky, unattractive hardware weighs down the playing experience - the Peavey AT-200 looks, plays and sounds just like a conventional guitar. Exactly the way it should.

Peavey AT-200™ - AutoTune® For Guitar String Tune

With the Peavey AT-200 featuring Auto-Tune for Guitar technology, tuning your guitar has never been easier. You can tune all six strings instantly with the push of a button â€" no motors or gears required! With Auto-Tune for Guitar activated, strum the strings cleanly and evenly, and then press the volume control to engage String Tune. When you hear the swooshing sound, you know that your guitar is in tune. It's really that simple.

Peavey AT-200™ - Antares® Auto-Tune® for Guitar Solid-Tune™

It's one thing to tune up your strings, but as anyone who's been playing for awhile knows, the tougher challenge is maintaining perfect intonation as you move up and down the neck and finger complex chords. Luckily, this is where Auto-Tune for Guitar performs some of its most dramatic magic.

Less-than-perfect intonation muddies your guitar's tone. But by using our new Solid-Tune™ Intonation system, an Auto-Tune for Guitar equipped guitar constantly monitors the precise pitch of each individual string and makes any corrections necessary to ensure that every note of every chord and riff is always in tune, regardless of variables like finger position or pressure or physical limitations of the instrument. As a result, listening to a guitar with Solid-Tune is a revelation, offering a purity of tone that has simply never before been possible.

Peavey AT-200™ - String Bending and Vibrato

Auto-Tune for Guitar's Solid-Tune technology is even smart enough to recognize when you want to manipulate the pitch, so you can play bends and vibrato exactly as you always do. In fact, Solid-Tune Intonation makes it even easier to bend to the right pitch every time.

Peavey AT-200™ - Alternate Tuning

Switching to alternate tunings is simple with the AT-200. Access popular tunings like Drop D, Open G, Baritone and more instantly by adjusting your finger positions according to the user's manual and this video when engaging the Auto-Tune for Guitar feature.

Antares also plans to offer upgrades to the AT-200 for purchase from their web site. From popular tunings like double drop D, open D, open G, and DADGAD to previously-impossible tunings like six-string bass, split bass/guitar (i.e., just the bottom string shifted an octave down), twelve string, and the best polyphonic octaver you've ever heard, Auto-Tune for Guitar can give you access to virtually any tuning you can imagine, along with some you may have never imagined. All without the need to stop and physically retune or swap guitars.

Hardware

Amazing automatic tuning via Antares(r) Auto-Tune(tm) for guitar system
Sealed diecast tuners, 15-1 gear ratio
Master volume with momentary switch to initiate String-tune and Solid-tune™ function
Master tone control. Pull up to turn off active system and change to passive pickups
2 Peavey custom designed humbucking pickups
Three-way switching selector for both the active Auto-Tune system and passive pickups
Dual action torsion rod
Full Size MIDI input
String thru body for maximum sustain
1/4" and 8 pin DIN connectors. 8 pin DIN connector included for use with optional AT200-B breakout box. (more details on following pages)
Battery powered via 4 AA cells. Can also be remotely powered with AT200-B breakout box
Upgrade software packages available through Antares via http://guitar.auto-tune.com. Please visit the website for a listing of available software upgrades
25.5" scale
Solid Basswood Body
Available finishes: Black, Candy Apple Red

http://www.autotuneforguitar.com/products/products.php?category=Auto-Tune_for_Guitar_Floor_Pedal_1

Elantric

Dr Andy Hildenbrand wrote>

The   development   of   ATG   and   the   People   who   Took   Part
Four and   a   half   years   ago,   I   knew   nothing   of   guitars. Most   of   what I   have   learned,   I   
learned   from other   people. I   am   an implementer   of   ideas and   most   of   the   ideas   come   
from   other   people.   The   ones   that   don't, do   come   from   the   general   conversation   
around   us,   in which   I   am   a   single   voice.
The   birth   of   an   idea:
Occasionally,   I   walk   around   the   office   to   practice   my   development   of   social   skills.      If   I   
sometimes   discussed our   Auto-Tune® market   place,   I   would   mention   one   reason   we   
are   successful   is   the   vocalist   is   the   second   most   popular   instrument.      Second   only   to   
the   guitar!
Duh.
I   said   that   for   years.   The   skull   never   opened.   The   light   never   came   in.   It   was   only   
while   I   was   porting   Auto-Tune® to   a   new   DSP   processor   did   I   ask   myself   how   many   
Auto-Tune®s   could   go   on   that   chip?   A   little   calculation   ...   hummm,   6!      
Wait,   Wait   ...   Wait ... no   light.   
I   was   talking   with   with   Fred Poole,   from   Peavey,   about   the   ability   of   putting   six   
instances   of   Auto-Tune   on   a   chip   when   we   were   discussing   a   different   partnering   
opportunity and   he   said   "Oh,   that's   how   many   strings on   a   guitar."      
Finally,...   light!!!
That   was   in   September,   2010.   I wired a   cheap   hex   pickup to   a   $100   used   Strat, ran   it
into   Pro   Tools   and   used six   Auto-Tune® plug-ins   to   see   what   it   did:      it   sounded   
GREAT!! So   by   October, I   had   wired   the   manufacturer's   development   board   to   the   
pickup   and   got   the   six   Auto-Tune®s processing   data on   the   chip,   and   that   worked   
fine   too.
Then   I   made   my   second   good   move (my   first   was   talking   to   Fred   Poole).   I   hired   Marc   
to   design   and   build   me   a   board.   Marc   is   a   genius.   He's   a   hardware   guru   and   has a   lot   
of   audio   industry   experience.   He's   been doing   programming   and   hardware   for   as   
may   years   as   I   have   and   the   together,   we total   about   80 years   of   hands   on   
experience.   Marc   designed   me   stuff   I   haven't   had   time   to   productize,   like   a   tremolo   
bar.   In   November   (one   month)   he   completed   the   design   of   the first   ATG   processing   
board,   called   the   LB6, including   all   purchasing,   fabrication   and   manufacturing   
information.   By   December   he   had   the   board   fabricated,   purchasing   completed   and   
assembly   completed.   He   checked   out   the   power-to-ground   connections   (hopefully   open)   and   power   supply   voltages.   I   received   the   first   board   about   January   10,   one   
week   before   the   NAMM   2011   trade   show,   loaded   the   software,   found   a   single   
problem   that   Marc corrected   in   one   day,   and   it   all   ran   the   second day. The   only   
feature   programmed at   the   time   was   String   Tune.
Here   is   the   LB6   (smaller   than   a   business   card):
Figure   5:   LB6   board
This   circuit   board   inputs   six   channels   of   audio   from   the   guitar   strings   and   outputs   
one   or   two   channels   of   audio.   The   largest   chip   is   a   Freescale   56724   processor   with   
two   cores,   each   capable   of   sustained   250,000,000   multiply-adds   per   second (that   is   
250   million),   cost   about   $5 in   quantity.
In   1976 I   was a   Ph.D.   research   engineer   at   Exxon   when   a   Cray   or   Amdahl   Super   
Computer   cost about   $1,000,000   per 5   million   multiply-adds   per   second.   And   that   in   
1976 dollars!      If   those   prices   persisted,   what   would   the   LB6 be   worth   today?
Mummm, ... 250M   multiply-adds   *   2   cores /   5M   Cray   multiply-adds   *   $1M Cray   
dollars *   7   inflation   =   $700   Million   dollars ...   about   the   cost   of   a   wild   cat   oil   well   in   
the   Gulf   of   Mexico. Except   for   BP,   which   paid   about   $30   Billion.
Before   that   NAMM   2011   show,   I   hired   a   guitar   player   to   do   demos   at   the show.   We   
showed   to   a   lot   of   people   including   several   artists   and   most   of   the   major   guitar   
manufacturers.   Peavey   instantly   saw   the   value   of   a   self-tuning,   self   intonating   guitar   
and   agreed   to   immediately   begin   the   design   of   what   became   the   Peavey   AT-200.
By   the   middle   of   2011,   I had   added   Solid-Tunetm,      Guitar   Models,   Alternate   Tuning   
and Virtual   Capo.   I developed   a   digital   encoder   and   control   interface   and   
programmed   encoders to   control   Models,   Alternate   Tuning   and   Virtual   Capo. I
added   MIDI   controls   and   changed   to   a   decent   pickup.
At   this   point   I have   a   guitar   that   has   very   low   distortion,   the   ability   to   tune   strings   
from   String-Tune,   and   the   ability   to   keep   the   strings   in   tune   with   Solid-Tunetm,   up   
and   down   the   neck,   independent   of      geometry   issues   or   finger   pressure.   The   guitar   
also   provided physical   models.
I had   total   control   of   the   pitch:   I added   Alternate   Tunings:   Drop   D,   Double   Drop   D,   
DADGAD,   and   some   open   tunings.   I also   added   transposing   the   low   E   down   an   
octave (at   the   suggestion   of   my   CFO,   Operations   manager   and   Corporate   Counsel,   
Georganna).      I added a second   channel   to   each   string   so   that   I could have   a   12   String   
and   an Octaver.   I also   added   a   full   two-octave   Virtual   Capo,   an   octave   up   and   an   
octave   down,   as   well   as   Pitch   Bend   that   can   also   go   up   and   down   one   octave.
If   you're   into   self   abuse,   try   playing   a   harmonic,   pitch   bend   up   an   octave,   then   capo   
up   another   octave.
I customized   several   guitars   with   ATG   technology   and   gave   them to   interested   
guitar   manufacturers.   
I hired   Henrik   Bridger,   who   is   an   experienced   Luthier   and   guitar   builder.   He   is   a   
bass   player,   and   when   he   speaks,   you   listen   (in   a   nice   way).   Henrik   Bridger   is   known   
in   the   office   as Honey   Badger,   which   is   funny   because   his   antithetical   to   the   "he   
don't   care"   rodent. He   has   given   us   a   lot   of   excellent   advice   on   guitars. Together,   
Henrik   and   I   customized   ten guitars   for   three   companies   for   the   2012 NAMM.   
Peavey   and   Parker   showed   ATG   guitars   at   NAMM   and   Peavey   has   moved   forward   to   
produce the   AT-200   which   was   released   in   November   2012.
In   the   meantime,   Marc had   revised   the   circuit   board   to   reduce   costs,   run   on   much   
less   current,   and   support piezos   and   mag   pickups.   
I   must   say,   the   guys   at   Peavey   have   spent   many   hours   playing,   building and   selling   
guitars.   I   thoroughly   enjoyed   spending   time   with   Hartley   Peavey.   Hartley is   made   of   
steel.   He   is   smart   and   intuitive,   and   way   too modest.   Hartley's   General   Manager,   
Fred   Poole, is   a visionary.   He   predicted   this   instrument   would   do   very   well.   He   built   
a   lot   of   AT-200   guitars to   ship   the   first   day   - but   he   was   wrong   there:   when   he   
shipped   those guitars,   he   had   4   times that   backlog.   Michael   Smith   is   a   bulldog   of   a   
product   manager.   Both   Michael   and   Fred   are   guitar   players,   and   they   knew   exactly   
what   their   guitar   should   do.   We   all   made   it   happen   on   schedule.
I continued   software   refinements. But   I   was light   on   guitar   players,   and   I   wanted   
some   truly   seasoned   and   aggressive   players to   beat up   these   guitars   in   every   way   
possible. I hired   Eric   Barnett.   Eric   is   a   musical   prodigy.   He   started   out   as   a   violin   
player   and   graduated   to   be   an   award-winning   guitar   player.   You   can   see   him   on   our   
home   page   video   at www.autotuneforguitar.com.   Check   out   Eric's   web   site   at      
www.pointsnorthband.com.      Eric   has   been   invaluable   at   isolating   
extremely   detailed   issues   in   the   software   and   has   also   contributed   strongly   to   create   features   that   are
useful   to   players.   I   trust   his   judgment   and   many   features   we   have   are   his   ideas.
Another   gift   has   been   Robin   Macomber.   Robin   is   the   demonstrator   in   the   feature   
demos   on   the   website.   He   is   also   a   guitar   teacher   and   has   many   students and   a   great   
website   for   guitarist:   www.navigatingmusictheory.com. Robin's   uncanny gift   has   
been   to   ferret   out   any   digital   artifacts   the   software   could create.   I   don't   know   how   
he   does   it,   but   it   usually   involves   doing   everything   other   than   plucking   strings.   
Thank   you   Robin!
Getting   close   to   real   time,   I   implemented   several   fresh   ideas.   These   were:
The   Doubling   options   were   created   by   moving   the   multi-channel   options   out   
of   the   Alternate   Tunings   menu.      As   a   result,   you   can   choose   a   12   string   and   
tune   it   to   an   Open   E,   etc.
Fret   Control   was   suggested   by   a   user on   the   www.autotuneforguitar.com
forum.   I programmed   that   after   which Marc   politely   reminded   me   he   had   that   
idea   a   year   ago.   This   is   what   happens   when   you   get   old   like   me.
Eric   created global   settings.   These   are   settings   that   remain   in   effect   across   
preset   selections,   power   cycles   and   Feature   Pack   changes.   They   are   Global   
Gain,   Global   Transpose,   Global   Detune   and   Global   Tone   Offset.   These   settings   
are   discussed   below.
The   www.autotuneforguitar.com web   site   was   designed   and   built   by   Jon   Cattivera   at   
www.sleeplessmedia.com (great   name,   isn't   it?).   Our   employee,   web   manager   and   
database   guru,   Trish   Nielsen,   designed   and   programmed   our   web   store   and   guitar   
download   software   in   response   to   my   grueling   requirement   that   any   completed   
transfer   has   zero   errors.
Finally,   involved   from   the   beginning,   is   Marco   Alpert   who   does   the   nitty-gritty   
marketing   work   at   Antares.   Marco   has   been   with   us   since   1998.   He   has   been   a   great
person for   product   ideas   and   messaging   to   the   user.   Lately   he   has   taken   over   
implementing      www.autotuneforguitar.com.   He   has   also   designed   and   maintains   
iPad   control   files   using   the   "MIDI   Designer   Pro"   application   to   allow   detailed   control   
of   the   guitar.   He   is   working   on   a   special   new   guitar   product   that   I   can't   tell   you   
about.

Elantric

We've Lowered Prices by Up to 33% on Auto-Tune for Guitar Feature Packs!

Our Auto-Tune for Guitar Feature Packs turbo-charge the capabilities of your Peavey AT-200 by adding a combination of alternate tunings, doublings, guitar and pickup models and much more. (Details here.) And to make it even more affordable to add these features to your guitar, we've reduced Feature Pack prices by up to 33%.

The new prices are as follows:

The Essential Pack: $79.00 (was $99.00)
The Pro Pack: $149.00 (was $199.00)
The Complete Pack: $199.00 (was $299.00)
To get your feature pack, just click the Buy button below.

And prepare to be amazed.

https://transactions.antarestech.com/atgconnect/GuitarProducts.aspx

Elantric

Elantric

User Forum for Antares AutoTune Guitar

http://autotuneforguitar.invisionzone.com/index.php?/forum/18-auto-tune-for-guitar-technology/

http://autotuneforguitar.invisionzone.com/index.php?/forum/23-upcoming-products/

AT200 Mag Hex PU Mod

http://peavey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36012
AT-200 With magnetic hex pickup
Postby j_fury68 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Recently got a deal on an AT-200. I did my research and knew the risks, but am intreged by the thought of the auto-tune for guitar technology, so had the chance to grab one for under $400. Most of the issues that I had read about were present on mine, like the low volume in auto-tune mode vs passive pickup mode, the inability to use the palm muting technique and the fact that it just didn't sound very good with distortion (especially high gain). I had been communicating with the Auto-tune For Guitar people for a while as I was thinking of becoming a licensed installer of the Lutier kits. I decided against this as the base kit started at 500 bucks which is the price of a new at-200. The ATG people claim that the lutier kits have better board components for better sound quality as well as better switches, added encoders and full software packages included. So I was wondering what it would be like if the at-200 had a magnetic pickup instead of the piezo pickup. This seems to be the biggest draw back of the at-200. When I would palm mute with distortion I could hear some kind of metallic tones generated, which made it very un-useable. So I took a chance that this board would work with a magnetic style hexiphonic pickup. Installed it and mounted it and it works. Palm muting is much better/usable and seems that tone has improved as well. I think that overall I still prefer my Dimarzio powered Washburn for tone, but it definitely can't do the tricks that the at-200 can do.

Antares AT-200 Forum
http://autotuneforguitar.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/847-palm-mute-issue-with-310/

http://autotuneforguitar.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/845-atg-vst-beta-09/#entry3064

http://autotuneforguitar.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/844-all-atg-tables-in-one-image/

Elantric

ATG Control tutorial/demo from LogicScripts. A script to control the settings of you AT-200 Peavey guitar with ATG tech from Antares.
http://autotuneforguitar.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/646-midi-control-via-scripter-plug-in-in-logicprox-available/

Elantric

If your PU selector fails on Peavey AT200 - this is a superior replacement

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330785843180
NEW - 4-Pole Toggle Switch, On-On-On, 12 Terminals

Elantric

First attempt at a pedal steel emulator. The AT200 is tuned using the new 3.10 software. I have set approx. ten presets into the AT200 each representing a tuning of the pedal steel. For example with no pedal pressed the guitar is tuned to the top six strings of an E9 steel. When pedal 1 is pressed it selects the preset with the tuning for that so the B goes to C#. I have a preset for Pedal A,B,C, Right Knee, A+B, B+Rk , C+Rk. Its tricky at first and im no expert but it works

Elantric

Antares Software pack for AT-200 feature comparison
https://transactions.antarestech.com/atgconnect/GuitarProducts.aspx

For reference both the ATG-1 Foot pedal and the ATG Internal luthier kit DSP boards come with the full Complete Pack  bundle (i.e. all features on far right above) pre-installed

whippinpost91850

How do you control the MIDI features on the install kit?

relayerxxx

I'm looking for the simplest/cheapest way to integrate a sustainer and an alt tuning system, other than using a GK pickup, which I'm heartily fed up with.
Elantric has suggested that modding a Variax JTV or Standard by adding a sustainer driver is probably a not a good idea for a number of reasons. He suggested instead going down the ATG luthier kit route - but I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of (literally) hacking into my Fernandes Native Pro. So I wonder if there's any mileage in the idea of adding a Sustainer (or Sustainiac) to a cheap Peavey AT-200? Has anyone tried this?
Also - a deal-breaker for me - I really need a trem. Can a Bigsby or similar be fitted to the Peavey without screwing up the Piezo bridge? 

Elantric

That's a lot of work

Consider locating a gently used  Fernandes Retrorocket with built in sustainer and tremolo
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/retrorocket.html

and add Antares ATG to that

Yes , there will be routing required to install the ATG kit

relayerxxx

Thanks again Elantric. I'm finding it difficult to find a luthier in UK (London area) who might be able to carry out installation of the ATG kit. Anyone in the UK got any leads?

relayerxxx

Calling Elantric (again!) - disregarding the Sustainer issue - any thoughts on whether the Bigsby would work with the Peavey? You mentioned that you'd fitted one on your JTV 59.

Elantric

AT-200 has a Tele / Strat hard tail bridge design, Not designed for Bigsby - typically need a tune-o-matic style bridge

Any luthier on this list can install the ATG DSP kit in your guitar

http://www.rmcpickup.com/authorized_installers.htm

Bill Puplett Guitars   
Bill   
44-208-954-1965   
44-20-8954-1965   
bill.puplett@virgin.net   
Harrow Weald   U.K.   

Gus Guitars   
Simon Farmer   
44-014-3586-3048      
info@gusguitars.com   
Old  Heathfield   U.K.   

relayerxxx

Elantric

I'm setting up a gently used AT-200

first issue I experience is Hum, and  after the guitar is intonated properly  - i now have a few dead piezo saddles too, from lack of enough downward pressure on a few bridge piezo saddle. To fix this I'll add a small shim in the neck pocket to slightly raise the bridge saddles and contribute more downward force on the piezo saddles.

To tackle the hum, its important to inspect the String Ground to the Bridge

An electrical ohm meter revealed there was no proper string ground

I lifted the Bridge to have a look and found an unconnected Ground Earth wire under the "Black Chrome" Bridge plate

There is a common assumption that "Black plated"  metal parts on guitars look cool, but in electrical terms this black plating can create problems for proper earthing and EMI/RF emmissions.

simple test for anyone with a  'black plated metal Bridge - measure the DC resistance between the bridge and the the Ground Sleeve connection on the 1/4" Guitar Output jack. This should  be a solid "0.0" ohms when a proper string earthing ground connection is preset

My AT-200 was no connection     

There is a problem with most Black Plating used today, its "Hi-Z"  (i.e. it does not conduct well !)  In fact using a Ohm meter and measure the DC resistance from one corner to the other corner on the same Black Plated Bridge on the continuity setting of my Fluke meter yields a "No Connection" reading  - the Black plating must be removed and bare steel exposed to make electrical connection with the earth wire which gets sandwiched under the steel bridge plate when installed correctly

Like this:

GuitarBuilder

Here is are the first gut shots of the AT-200:

The DSP board is Rev1, dated 2012

By comparison the luthier kit board is Rev2, dated 2013:

There are a number of notable differences; it looks like the Rev2 board has significant additional features.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Elantric

There are a number of notable differences; it looks like the Rev2 board has significant additional features.

True

The Antares ATG Luthier kit board adds:

* Stereo DAC Output for anything from Steve Ripley Panned Strings , or send the Low E & A strings to a separate Bass Amp , while top four string feed a Guitar Amp

(Thinking to myself- If they could only add an LFO With MIDI SYNC , hmm .. . )

GuitarBuilder

So my next decision: do I retrofit the AT-200 with one of my new luthier kit DSP/encoders or do I put the kit into a different guitar?

whippinpost91850

Yeah, I can't decide on which guitar to put one of my kits in either.  ???

Chumly

The AT-200 is on sale in Canada for $400 (Canadian).  That translates to $304 (US) pre-tax, with free shipping.

What else would I need to make this guitar function to its fullest?
Must I buy the AT200B Breakout box in order to update / upgrade?
Have you found the Complete Pack to be worth the cost?
Do any of the AT-200's come with the rev 2 board?
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

GuitarBuilder

Don't buy it - you need the complete package to make it worth it.  I have one.

A better choice would be to buy and install the luthier kit into a guitar you like.

Chumly

Much obliged!

Edit: The luthier kit costs $600 US, that translates to about $700 Canadian add in taxes, installation and the cost of whatever medium quality guitar I sacrifice and that works out to be about $2,000 Canadian or five times the price of the AT-200.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman