FTP - Fender Fishman TriplePlay Stratocaster

Started by guitarmandp, July 08, 2015, 12:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarmandp

Okay this is strange. I bought one of those mexican Fender strats with the internal Fishman triple play system. I think those Fishman Triple play pickups are an eye sore so I opted to go with an internal version.

This guitar worked great for a few months but now the only way I can get the Fishman to work is if it's plugged in to a power source. The battery will not work or charge except when it's plugged in. What should I do? I leave it in all night and it still won't power on unless it's plugged in. Isn't the battery supposed to be charging while it's plugged in?

Elantric

The Tripleplay portion of the Fender Fishman Tripleplay Strat  will only charge when you read the owners manual and learn to connect the supplied Micro-USB charge cable and AC Power adapter to the rear Micro-USB connector on the Tripleplay Controller located on the rear of the guitar 

If the Battery died - You must call Fender Customer Service asap

Fender Customer service in Arizona
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
Attn: Consumer Relations Dept.
17600 N. Perimeter Drive, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Telephone: (480) 596-7195
Fax: (480) 367-5262
E-mail: consumerrelations@fender.com

Elantric

^^^ The overlooked feature of this guitar is its built in USB Class Compliant low noise 24bit Audio Interface (1 in / 2 out) with stereo out !^^^
AND or for what it is worth -  assuming its the same core USB Audio chipset employed in the Fender Tripleplay Strat USB Audio - so far I'm NOT able to get good results on any MS Windows PC with this interface.   
http://www2.fender.com/support/articles/fender-universal-asio-driver/
But I only used ASIO4ALL - need to try the Fender Universal ASIO USB driver for Windows here:
http://www2.fender.com/support/articles/fender-universal-asio-driver/

Fender Fishman TriplePlay Stratocaster HSS, Rosewood Fingerboard - Black

The Stratocaster of the future is here. Fender's Fishman TriplePlay Stratocaster HSS guitar uses state-of-the-art built-in digital technology to give you a thrilling new playing experience in which you can emulate other instruments with ease and create a world of all-new sounds. It's a phenomenal leap forward in the evolution of the world's greatest electric guitar.

With its potent tonal combination of Vintage Noiseless single-coil Stratocaster neck and middle pickups and a powerful Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates humbucking bridge pickup, it's a fine instrument in the conventional manner. But two other ultra-modern performance features launch this re-imagined Stratocaster into a brilliantly exciting future.

Engage the built-in Fishman TriplePlay system, which wirelessly transmits MIDI data to your computer to create virtually unlimited sounds with a wealth of performance, composing and recording features. The Fishman hex pickup, TriplePlay D-pad controller and MIDI volume control are all built into the front of the guitar, with the TriplePlay wireless controller built into the back. The wireless controller transmits the signal from the hex pickup to the included USB transceiver, which plugs into your computer (a handy clip on the back of the headstock holds the transceiver when not in use). For charging the unit, a power supply and micro-USB cable that connects to the TriplePlay wireless controller are included.

Also, the mini-USB output on the side of the lower bout digitally transmits the audio signals from the three Stratocaster pickups to your computer using the included USB cable. The adjacent 1/8" output jack lets you monitor the proceedings with headphones and has its own volume control on the front of the guitar.

Once the signal reaches your computer—from the TriplePlay system or from the mini-USB output—all the software you need to record, edit and play back your sounds comes in an included USB flash drive that contains Fishman® TriplePlay, IK Multimedia SampleTank 2.5 and AmpliTube Custom Shop, and Native Instruments Komplete Elements (additional software such as Notion Progression and PreSonus Studio One Artist available for free download with product registration).

The guitar also features a maple neck with "modern C" profile and satin finish, rosewood fingerboard with a 9.5" radius and 22 medium jumbo frets, standard master volume control and ¼" output jack, standard five-way pickup switching, three-ply parchment pickguard, and vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge with six saddles. Deluxe gig bag included.

Model Name: Fishman TriplePlay Stratocaster HSS
Series: Deluxe
MFG#: 0141800306
Color: Black

SPECIFICATIONS:

Body Material: Alder
Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
Body Shape: Stratocaster
Neck Material: Maple
Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
Number of Frets: 22
Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
String Nut: Synthetic Bone
Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
Position Inlays: White Dot
Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Pearly Gates™ Humbucking
Middle Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat
Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat
Controls: Master Volume, MIDI Volume, Headphone Volume, TriplePlay Dpad Control on Pickguard, TriplePlay Module Controls (Power, Sync, Charging Port) on Backplate
Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Pos 2. Inside Coil Bridge Pickup/Middle Pickup, Pos 3. Middle Pickup, Pos 4. Middle Pickup/Outside Coil Neck Pickup, Pos 5. Neck Pickup
Special Electronics: Fishman Hex Pickup, Fishman® TriplePlay Wireless MIDI Module, Fender® USB Module
Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
Control Knobs: White Plastic
Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
Unique Features: Large '70s Style Stratocaster Headstock, White Plastic Parts, Dual "Wing" String Trees, Vintage-Style Strap Buttons, Fishman® USB Transceiver and Mounting Clip on Back of Headstock
Included Accessories: Software Loaded Fender USB Drive, Mini-B to USB Type A Cable, Fishman USB Transceiver, Power Supply/Charger and Micro-USB Cable
Comes with a deluxe Gig bag

Elantric

Review the FTP Strat Mod thread here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15974.0

At 2016 Winter NAMM, my contacts at Fender confirmed the Fender Fishman TriplePlay Stratocaster is no longer in production.

Same with Roland GC-1 Strat and G5 Strat

They decided to pull back on all "not invented here" techno guitars models using third party technology - it becomes a resource issue with their customer support and  supply chain with higher post sale support costs

Elantric

Elantric

admin

The built in USB Audio Interface on Fishman Tripleplay Strat connects to iPad 12.9"Pro USB-C port using this cable and works with all IOS AMP SIM Apps (Yonac ToneStack, PG BIAS FX2, THU)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08L37R89D?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title