Godin LGX-SA / LGXT

Started by feloniouspunk, February 01, 2008, 08:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenact

Quote from: nervoteso on January 27, 2021, 01:29:23 AM
i've found a lgtx sa used (almost new) at 1500 euro. this is the serial , what is the year production?

Contact Godin info@godinguitars.com to find out the year of manufacture.
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

OldGuitarDude

This link may be of help ......

https://jedistar.com/godin/

But as Kenact suggested, Godin can tell you for sure. Good luck!

nervoteso

that is a 2017 guitar. godin replied.

do you suggest to buy a godin lgtx sa of that year?

i could buy a lgtx of 2000 at 900 euro (used) and this one of 2017 at 1500 euro (almost new)

Shingles

Quote from: nervoteso on January 29, 2021, 04:18:45 AM

i could buy a lgtx of 2000 at 900 euro (used) and this one of 2017 at 1500 euro (almost new)

My LGXT I have had since 2001. It is a great guitar and I never had any problems.
But I never tried a 2017 LGXT so I don't know.
I would probably choose the one with the best colour. 🙂
Nik
--------------------------------
Tonelab, VG99, Axon AX100, EDP, Repeater
Godin, PRS, Crafter and Roland guitars
Center Point Stereo Spacestation V3

nervoteso

got the used lgtx blue. beautiful. electric output to fractal fm3 to ik mtm monitors. acoustic and 13 pin to 1 and 2 input of sr acoustic monitors. impressive.

kenact

Quote from: nervoteso on January 29, 2021, 04:18:45 AM

I own an LGX-SA from the late 1990s, an LGXT from about 2005, an A-4 from 2007, an ACS Slim from about 2009, and an A-10 from about 2015. They're all different, but they're all excellent instruments.

The only thing I'd suggest is, play them both, and choose the one the feels and sounds best to you. And good luck, which ever you choose.
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

lazerdriver

Has anyone ever tried to replace the stock pickups on and LGXT or LGX-SA with active pickups? I wonder if it is possible since they require 25k pots and a different type of jack that disconnects the battery when unplugged.

Seems like you might be able to somehow tap into the positive lead of the battery that is connected to the piezo controls. By that I mean connect the power wire from the active pickups to the existing battery. That's assuming the battery for the piezo controls works the same way, disconnecting power when not plugged in. Then just replace the mag volume / tone pots and do whatever pickup rewiring needed at the 5-way switch.

I feel there would there be more to it than that though.

kenact

Quote from: lazerdriver on December 20, 2021, 06:36:02 AM
Has anyone ever tried to replace the stock pickups on and LGXT or LGX-SA with active pickups? I wonder if it is possible since they require 25k pots and a different type of jack that disconnects the battery when unplugged.

Seems like you might be able to somehow tap into the positive lead of the battery that is connected to the piezo controls. By that I mean connect the power wire from the active pickups to the existing battery. That's assuming the battery for the piezo controls works the same way, disconnecting power when not plugged in. Then just replace the mag volume / tone pots and do whatever pickup rewiring needed at the 5-way switch.

I feel there would there be more to it than that though.

I suppose it would be possible, but it would raise a couple of questions. What would that do to battery life, and how would it affect the 13 pin output for those pickups. Also, how would it affect the combined electric/piezo 1/4" output?
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

admin

I would review schematics, change stock 500k pots Guitar Volume &  Tone pots to 25k, and add a separate battery for the active pickups

Do not   use the GK 13 connection to power the active pickups. -always separate battery

I own a 2013 example and love the stock Seymour Duncans pickups employed that year,  and the now valued RMC piezo board with built in sub filters, missing on current production models

luctrev

Hi

I had to replace the ribbon cable of my LGX-SA, but now I have doubts about the orientation of pin 1. The control board (round board) has the index pin indication, but the larger board where the piezo pickups are soldered does not have index pin indication.

Can anyone help with some pics or directions on how to locate the index pin on this board? My board is LGX-MIDI-REV A.

Thanks
Luciano ST

luctrev

Hey guys

I analyzed the circuit and with a multimeter I was able to identify the orientation of the ribbon cable.

I'll leave a picture to help someone else who is in the same situation as me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bJ8DySZX-Uevonn0k-cDNM0FtQJAssGR/view?usp=sharing

Thanks to all of you who read my post!
Luciano ST

lazerdriver

Wondering if anyone has ever installed a hipshot tremsetter on a LGXT, and if so how well it helps with tuning stability? I have had one on a Jackson SL2 for many years and love it. Looking at the tremolo cavity on the lgxt and it looks like the space for the tremsetter would be pretty tight.