GT-100 - JVM midi control

Started by Bob Wells, March 04, 2015, 12:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Wells

Hi all, first I'll describe my setup: GT-100 connected to Marshall JVM 410H via four cable method using midi from GT-100 to change amp channels.
My question is can I use the assigns to change the amp channels from within a patch, i.e. if I'm running the clean channel but want to change to an overdrive channel, can I do it without changing patches.
All help would be greatfully received, Bob
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender MIM GC-1 Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster FMT HH
Boss GT-100
Roland GR-55
Roland GFC-50
Boss JS-10 E-Band
Marshall JVM 210H
Marshall 2x12 1936 cab

Elantric

Thanks for prefacing your post with the device name -

"GT-100 - JVM midi control"

Since we now support several products - this helps provide discussions targeted for your specific device. 

Yes - using Boss Tone Studio, you set up an Assign using one of the CTLs to toggle the " Amp CTL" Control line

Use Boss Tone Studio for GT-100 makes it easier IMHO.

Bob Wells

Thanks Elantric, that's my project for tomorrow.
Bob
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender MIM GC-1 Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster FMT HH
Boss GT-100
Roland GR-55
Roland GFC-50
Boss JS-10 E-Band
Marshall JVM 210H
Marshall 2x12 1936 cab

FarleyUK

Sorry to resurrect an old thread..... but did you get anywhere with this?

I'm in a similar boat with my JVM410HJS (the difference being the JS version of the JVM supports CC midi as well as PC, not just PC as per the standard JVM410), where I want to be able to send a midi command to the amp while in manual Mode, so I can press a single pedal on the GT-100 in manual mode to engage a delay on the GT AND have the amp switch to another channel.

However, I'll be damned if I can get it working like that - seems to only work when switching patches in bank / patch mode.