Godin xtSA with broken piezo saddle

Started by Vade, August 29, 2014, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autana

Quote from:  Elantric on March 31, 2016, 04:44:35 PM

Gracias por compartir la lista completa de nivel de decibelios de color RMC Piezo - nunca he tenido acceso a esta información antes. 

Ambos hemos aprendido nueva información en la actualidad.

----

You are welcome!

Thank you for sharing the complete RMC Piezo color decibel level list  - I never had access to this information before!
We both have learned new information today

What a good information!  also I dont knew nothing of the color codes and sensitivity of the saddles.
There seems exist some consistency in DB output in this decade, my xtSA has the old version Poly-Drive 2003 and is also red-red.
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

MarkFromHawaii

I purchased a Godin LGXT AAA flametop in late October from Musician's Friend.  Wouldn't you know it that the third string (G) would give out in December, after the 45-day "no hassle return" policy.  Long story short, MF won't honor their leave it up to them to get me an RMA and Godin apparently wants me to work with the dealer.  Looks like I check the board myself and possibly break out the old soldering iron.  Other than my total disgust with MF's service, I really like the LGXT and have used it on several tracks with my Roland GR-55. 
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

lespauled

All returns from Godin go through the dealer.  They are usually very helpful.

With that said, I will NEVER buy a Godin again until they use something other than the RMC saddles.  I hated the fragility of them, having the change the settings on the GR55 to change the sensitivity based on slightest changes in humidity, etc.

lyndasfarn

I know when you wire a magnetic pickup it must be shielded properly, but why do piezo pickups not require any shielding at all. They both work with audio signals, and must be subject to the  same  hum and noise problems, and in the case of the a Hexaphonic setup would not earthing help with "cross talk" as well. Does any know why piezos can get away with this "magic trick" ????

admin

Quote from: lyndasfarn on July 23, 2019, 02:53:19 PM
I know when you wire a magnetic pickup it must be shielded properly, but why do piezo pickups not require any shielding at all. They both work with audio signals, and must be subject to the  same  hum and noise problems, and in the case of the a Hexaphonic setup would not earthing help with "cross talk" as well. Does any know why piezos can get away with this "magic trick" ????

Majority of Piezo pickups do employ a direct physical body contact with Signal Ground ( RMC, LR Baggs, Fishman )

Piezo failure experiences ( Solution: add dedicated Ground Wires!)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=12657.0

Mike Christian ( Graphtech Ghost ) Piezos are the exception)

the main aspect is unlike Magnetic pickups,  Piezo transducers have reduced sensitivity for EMF signals = far less hum
https://www.piceramic.com/en/piezo-technology/fundamentals/