new to forum

Started by Papablue, November 22, 2022, 10:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papablue

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm quite impressed with the site, so much information here!
I've recently purchased a Roland GR55 and a Godin XTsa, which I'm very pleased with. I'm now learning how to make it work for me and my question to anyone who knows the answer is this:  Can I make use of the 5 way selector switch on the quitar within the GR55?  Its such a sophisticated device and a steep learning curve.  I apologize if this question has already been answered somewhere on the forum.  I'm also wondering if there is a way of storing my favorite quitar sounds in a quickly accessable location so I can find them easily when I'm gigging?

Kevin M

I think you are referring to the 5-way magnetic pickup selector, correct? If so, those will only alter the sound of the magnetic pickups themselves. You can assign almost any function to the switch normally used for patch up/down selection, however. Check out the assigns settings on your GR-55 for options with that toggle.

Papablue

I appreciate your reply very much. Yes, I was referring to the magnetic pickups. The Godin has piezo's, magnetics and the midi plug. I'm wondering if I can easily switch between the magnetics and the modelling tones, maybe with the use of its two micro switches on the guitar body.  So much to learn!

whippinpost91850

Welcome To The Family  :)

CodeSmart

Welcome home!
The GR-55 is a great synth and it works well with the xtSA.
I own a 2015, took some tweaking but now it's perfect.
Cheers!
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumbo

Welcome Papablue....

...perhaps the first thing to learn is that your Godin's 13-pin jack is not a 'Midi plug'

Plenty more about this aspect on the Forum if you search the threads.

The switch that you are looking for is the "Mix" switch....it's there already..   ;)

...more reading required..

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Kenmac

Papablue, I just noticed you're from Manitou Beach, Saskatchewan. Welcome to the forum from a fellow Canadian. (Toronto, Ontario). There's a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people here. Enjoy.  :)
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."