Kemper Profiling amp- "amp clone" beyond modeling!

Started by RicardoLove, March 02, 2011, 04:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchad

What are the effects like in the Kemper? Their website has some demos and the demos sound pretty good. Some interesting stuff!

Looking at the manual there's not a lot of space devoted to tremolo. Are there any slicer vibes or sequencing going on in the Kemper?

whippinpost91850

I don't use a ton of effects, but I find them excellent
Over the years they keep adding and updating them
More Tremolo,  and slicer effects, have been asked for and could be added

lespauled

Same here.  When I used a modeler, I used a bunch of effects to get the sound I wanted.  With the Kemper, I usually only use a delay on morph, and a little reverb.   The only others I really use is a noise suppressor (when needed) and compressor (when needed).

For clean tones, I sometimes use a chorus for that classic 80's sound.

admin

If you require lots of FX, Kemper will disappoint

If you seek high quality Stellar guitar tone with high quality guitar FX, the Kemper Stage is the one to get. It's the only model with variable input impedance when using the fuzz effect, and it's CPU is much faster,  and includes built in WiFi Access point, for wireless iPad Editing using Kemper Rig Manager - way faster & efficient vs the sluggish  GX-100  wireless BTS editor on iPad.

whippinpost91850

Have to agree with admin on this. Can't use a ton of effects at one time. But the quality is excellent. 
Switching is quick and you can't beat the Amps

mchad

Thanks for the responses.

I don't use heaps of effects but sometimes you chance upon something different and it sparks an idea.

I like the look of the Stage. Just one piece of gear on the floor that covers everything.

One crazy question please. Can you profile an effects box? Or the signal chain that includes that effect?

drbill

GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

whippinpost91850

You can only load one profile at a time, but you can profile dist/od effects in a chain

Idgolfguy

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on July 03, 2022, 04:10:00 PMHave to agree with admin on this. Can't use a ton of effects at one time. But the quality is excellent. 
Switching is quick and you can't beat the Amps

Maybe I should have added the following post here instead:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=34876.msg257505#msg257505

thebrushwithin

Elantric