GT-1000- can somebody help me with setup the delay like Fairies Wear Boots ?

Started by mantra, March 21, 2022, 11:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mantra

Hi

I spend almost 4 hours to get the delay of Fairies Wear Boots

maybe it's boss studio , thats I dislike it
can somebody help me ?

thanks
here you can hear the delay

gumtown

Delay just in the intro ?

On GT-1000
Use a divider with dry guitar panned one side, delay other side at 100% effect 0% dry, try the different delay types, in the 70's the delay type wouldn't have been too special, tape or multi-tap, and some reverb before the delay too.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mantra

Quote from: gumtown on March 21, 2022, 11:55:44 AM
Delay just in the intro ?
Use a divider with dry guitar panned one side, delay other side at 100% effect 0% dry, try the different delay types, in the 70's the delay type wouldn't have been too special, tape or multi-tap, and some reverb before the delay too.
hi
QuoteDelay just in the intro ?
yes
QuoteUse a divider with dry guitar panned one side, delay other side at 100% effect 0% dry, try the different delay types, in the 70's the delay type wouldn't have been too special, tape or multi-tap, and some reverb before the delay too.
what do you mean for divider ? 2 preamps?
maybe i should post the same question on the gt-100 forum at least we could share a fx floorboard
thanks

admin

mantra

Quote from: admin on March 21, 2022, 12:13:35 PM
You posted in the GT-1000 area

Do you have a GT-100?

Hi
I have both , but there is no a fx floorboard for the gt-1000 but there is for gt-100
so it's more easy to create a patch and share on the forum
thanks

gumtown

I don't have a GT-100 any more, but if I did this is how I would guess the intro goes.

patch attached below (disclaimer: it could be a horrible mess)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mantra

Quote from: gumtown on March 21, 2022, 12:41:48 PM
I don't have a GT-100 any more, but if I did this is how I would guess the intro goes.

patch attached below (disclaimer: it could be a horrible mess)
Hi
Sadly it doesn't sound even closer
I guess the delay effect in the boss gt is no much powerfull
I have tried to put ahead the distortion ,could sound closer but again i have played with levels ,but seems the delay volume/level is not so powerfull
maybe i can do with an external pedal ?

or maybe somebody with fractal ax8 could check the preset , the intro is pretty perfect

thanks

Boisdelac

Try if a delay time based on a dotted 8th or 16th note or based on a triplet works. Finally you should adapt the BPM to the song.

mantra

Quote from: Boisdelac on March 22, 2022, 02:03:59 PM
Try if a delay time based on a dotted 8th or 16th note or based on a triplet works. Finally you should adapt the BPM to the song.
hi
I have tried it ,but seems the delay is not powerfull , i'm saying because I tried a delay pedal before a distortion pedal -> fender amp and they  works

I mean ,in my patches i have effect level to 120 ans level direct to 100

never understood the differents between level -> level effect vs level direct

Read the manual , there is almost nothing
in the manual there is only
QuoteEFFECT LEVEL 0–120 Adjusts the volume of the delay sound .
DIRECT MIX 0–100 Adjusts the volume of the direct sound .
can somebody explain the differents ? Maybe making some simple example?

thanks

gumtown

Direct level is the amount of bypass mixed in with the effect, being the signal where it is before the delay input, and mixing at the delay output.
Turn the Direct Level down for a stronger delay signal.
I think the song intro  might use two different delays, both at different rates.

Danelectro

I got somewhere close with this patch.  The delay is set to 300ms which I think is close.  Its a pretty simple patch using the NATURAL OD > X-H-GAIN amp > MST DLY.

The MST DLY settings are:

STEREO1
300ms
Hight Cut: 3.15
Effect Level: 40

mantra

Quote from: Danelectro on March 24, 2022, 10:28:07 AM
I got somewhere close with this patch.  The delay is set to 300ms which I think is close.  Its a pretty simple patch using the NATURAL OD > X-H-GAIN amp > MST DLY.

The MST DLY settings are:

STEREO1
300ms
Hight Cut: 3.15
Effect Level: 40

Hi Danelectro
wow nice patch!
have you done with boss gt-1000 or gt-100 ?
could you share it ?
maybe with fx floorboard with you can
love it , really love it
thanks

Danelectro

Quote from: mantra on March 24, 2022, 12:05:55 PM
Hi Danelectro
wow nice patch!
have you done with boss gt-1000 or gt-100 ?
could you share it ?
maybe with fx floorboard with you can
love it , really love it
thanks

I recorded the clip direct from the GT-1000 to the PC via USB. 

The patch is attached.

CTL2 toggles between MST DLY (the long stereo delay) and DLY1 which is just a quick ambient delay.

After I had recorded the sound sample into my DAW I did tweaked the volume level of the delay in the right channel, so you may need to adjust the effect level of MST DLY in this patch to suit.  I would have made the adjustment to the patch before exporting it but I already have my FRFR monitors packed for a gig this weekend.

mantra

Quote from: Danelectro on March 24, 2022, 10:21:59 PM
I recorded the clip direct from the GT-1000 to the PC via USB. 

The patch is attached.

CTL2 toggles between MST DLY (the long stereo delay) and DLY1 which is just a quick ambient delay.

After I had recorded the sound sample into my DAW I did tweaked the volume level of the delay in the right channel, so you may need to adjust the effect level of MST DLY in this patch to suit.  I would have made the adjustment to the patch before exporting it but I already have my FRFR monitors packed for a gig this weekend.
Hi Danelectro
Strange that i can obtain with boss gt-10 or gt-100 , i wonder if it could be done with boss gt-1
loaded on gt-1000 and work perfecly :)
thank you so much!
Click on Applaud on a must
Really Appreciate it

ps do you use pro logic to record ?

mantra

Quote from: gumtown on March 23, 2022, 01:08:20 AM
Direct level is the amount of bypass mixed in with the effect, being the signal where it is before the delay input, and mixing at the delay output.
Turn the Direct Level down for a stronger delay signal.
I think the song intro  might use two different delays, both at different rates.
Hi gumtown
I have tried to send you a pm message
have you received it?
thanks

gumtown

sica

It can be imitated, but I think it was recorded badly and I abandoned it like that and the truth is that it turned out spectacular. I had achieved it by recording a parallel track and with a delay.