Boss SY-1000 - Show us your SY-1000 rig

Started by admin, February 01, 2020, 01:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BROCKSTAR

I love my little space station ^_^ and I keep changing stuff lol, but this is what it looks like now. Waiting on the new korg opsix to come as well soon.

plexified

Indeed ! That is an amazing Pilot House Captain. The Vibes, Tones and Creations that come out of that Space/Time Continuum are Incredible ! and I for one am super appreciative of you sharing it all with us every step of the way BROCKSTAR, the Transmissions are Stunning !!!

BROCKSTAR

Ok my rig now lol... always changing ahaha!

line 6 helix
boss sy-1000
korg wavestate
korg opsix
korg radias
asm hydrasynth
alesis ion
roland d-05
tasty chips electronic gr-1 granular synth / sampler
empress effects zoia
singular sound aeros loop studio

HecticArt

I'm thinking that SpaceX could take some pointers on cockpit design from you. 

jozart

In case you were wondering if SY-1000 fits in a BCB-90X case. It does; barely.

The wireless MIDI dongles (WIDI Master & WIDI Jack) make cable management manageable.

I added the HX Stomp to extend the FX selection, and eventually gave it its own power source.

myconsumerclub

Just getting my sy1000 in the mail today actually at the USP office because certain people might not be happy if they knew I spent that $$$ on me instead of them. Cant have them finding out I have that.

Expanding on this is going to happen. I already have an ibanez rg but I plan on getting a new guitar to use with my gk3 from my gp10 days. There are 2 keyboard controllers with broken usb connections that will benefit from the native instruments audio interface coming in today which also gets me a copy of some cool NI software like monark. I have a lot of vst but I have not been active in messing around with my music even my guitar has a broken string on it now.

future purchases will includde Fractal FM9 or FM3 or Axe FX3 if business is good and the wait for the FM9 is too long to contain myself.
poly beebo, meris hedra, Strymon Volante, and a neo ventilator are the main pedals I want to add on in the stereo category
mono pedals include Electric church a fuzz face by sabadius, Gypsy vibe or RW weavers midnight vibe or retrovibe by jam, SA ultrawave, freqout, LA Lady, attack decay, a small nux mg300 for use in the attack decays loop, Asabi, Vertigo, harmonius monk.

That is all I need right there. Of course that and a budget for my rent to own software especially composer cloud from east west.  oh and more guitars with internal solutions to plaing my sy1000

gumtown

Quote from: Aph on February 28, 2020, 09:57:24 AM
Tentative:

I like how the GR-55 has an extra GK socket to loop out into the SY-1000.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

BROCKSTAR

chrish

Quote from: myconsumerclub on January 17, 2022, 07:04:04 AM
Just getting my sy1000 in the mail today actually at the USP office because certain people might not be happy if they knew I spent that $$$ on me instead of them. Cant have them finding out I have that.

in my experience you can run but you can't hide. ;D

gumtown

Quote from: chrish on January 17, 2022, 12:32:41 PM
in my experience you can run but you can't hide. ;D

Just leave the new SY-1000 under some towels and ask your wife to help look for that old blue pedal you left around the house some time ago.
Then whip it out and say "here it is, thought I had left it somewhere".
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

stub

It's a clever idea, but she'd see through it in a heartbeat. "Are you doing a bit?"

aliensporebomb

There was the story at the gear page about the guy with a bunch of black S style guitars so his less observant wife wouldn't necessarily notice. 

I personally do have a certain limit as to the amount of guitars I can physically accomodate just due to space limitations.   

But the thing I thing I think about is that the guys who are famous for being great players seem to be known for playing a specific guitar - examples, Mike Bloomfield's burst, Peter Green's famous guitar (with two subsequent famous owners), Stevie Ray's beat up strat, Eric Johnson's "Virginia" - even guys known for large collections like Slash are best known for playing the Derrig "Appetite" replica.  Rick Nielsen for the many guitars he owns but he's got some really special ones he sticks with.

But guitar synths?   I've got 3, having a collection gives you a wider collection of timbres so.....I have some extra room for those.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

rousselat.philippe@neuf.f

Bowman42

My rig
VG-99 w FC-300
GR-55
SY-1000
RC-600 looper
Primova GX-2
Behringer XR18

Jonny_Turnstyles

Quote from: JiveTurkey on March 12, 2020, 07:42:24 AM

Hey I know this picture is from a while ago. Just wondering if that is a full depth or shallow rack? Just looking into something like a 4U rack for a pedalboard solution and would want to make it as small as I can.

Unlimbo

This all gets pulled apart Tuesday when the GM-800 arrives  ;)
Six string synths.

gvidelock

Very excited...I updated my SY-1000 / GR-55 board with a GKPX-14 from Primova. I had been using a passive splitter cable from eBay and recently noticed that it's been creating noise when bumped or moved around.

So, new cables and new parallel box (Robert: the programming was super simple and the instructions were easy to follow) and no more noise!

-------------------------

Godin Spectrum SA
Godin Freeway SA
Fender Telecaster with Ghost and Hexpander
Fender Stratocaster with internal GK3 with Synth-Linx
Warmoth custom with internal GK3
Boss SY-1000
Roland GR-55
Roland GP-10
Katana 100W Head