GR-55 - Eddie Van Halen - First Ever Patch

Started by wogrocker, January 06, 2016, 03:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wogrocker

Hi guys,

This is my first attempt at a patch for Eddie Van Halen.. Just done a basic sample on mp3.

No flaming, its my first go at it :)

Cheers,
J
Every little boy wants to learn to play guitar. So he can pick up all the chicks. And be a rock-n-roll star.

mmmmgtr

wogrocker

Thanks mate,

It was my first go... Made a few more ( Brian May, Malcolm Young and an AOR style patch ), but slowly tweaking them...

Cheers,
J
Every little boy wants to learn to play guitar. So he can pick up all the chicks. And be a rock-n-roll star.

papabuss

Well done! (+1) ;)

Plesse post your Brian May patches as well!
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

concordal

Great patch.  Quite sensitive to pick harmonics.

turenko

Brian Moore iGuitar 9.13
KRAMER Richie Sambora 1989 with gk-3
Squier Japan 1989 with Gk-2
Takamine EF 291M(E) with Gk-3

wogrocker

Thanks guys !

Trying my best with limited time. But close to working out the mechanics of all the parameters on this beast...

Tried it through my valve rig and the patch is sounding beasty. Might have to make a vintage "Ozzy" Zakk Wylde style patch soon.

Cheers,
J

aardvark5

Metrick

whippinpost91850

Thanks, will give it a try . Sounds pretty dynamic

HecticArt

GaryB106

It sounds great! I just got my first GR-55 synth. I hope my patches are that good.

jcifuentes

Excellent Patch. Thanks for sharing!
The control modulates 1/2 step up? Just checking to make sure is supposed todo that.. Thanks again!

kiwimighty

yamahaysg

roachone

I know it's been a long time since this was posted but man, what a great patch! Sounds killer.

ricmus

alexmcginness

The mp3 demo of the patch sounds great!
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

amirfata

Sounds great, can you explain how to do the last trick in you mp3, never herd it before , can you do a tab or a video, thanks, great tone

alexmcginness

Finally booted this patch up and WOW... works for me. Thankyou.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Andyinblack

Nice one .... the sample sounds great .Gonna download it into GR55 and give it a blast ..Thanks for sharing

mooncaine

Judging from the MP3, sounds like you nailed it but good!

fu mcmann

Haxer

Oh Yeah Baby ... Love it ! Better than anything I could do. Thanks Bro.
AMP: B52 AT-100 - GUITARS: Dearmond M65, Epiphone Special, 58 Gibson Korina, Hammer T5M - EFFECTS: Roland Gr-55, Line 6 POD XT Live, Digitech GNX1, Digitech RP150, Adrenalinn III- FAVORITE BANDS: Nine Lashes, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Motionless In White, All That Remains And A lot More!