Recent Posts

Chris
The SY-300 was the baby that was thrown out with the bath water.
Very few ever took the time to program it and work with it.
Case in point, Almost no one knows the amp sounds in the 300 and near identical to the SY-1000.
It's not that no one could "do it", it is that no one ever tried.
People now give up so fast and move on.

If the 13 pin works best for you, and you like the sound, GREAT!
I'm with you.
But there is room and use for all this stuff.
It's all good. The more, the merrier.
If you can make music with it, great.

As far as 1/4 in goes, I was a 13 pin user long before this board was even here.
I was a 13 pin power user when few were. Arp days..
AND I don't get royalties from EHX for units sold.
I love the feel and sound of the mag pickups, and it's the way I go right now.
It is more effect based, and it is always more welcome to producers in the studio who are looking for different sounds they can't get.
I am thrilled it can be done now. It's a miracle, compared to when I started playing.
Long live the SY-300 and the SY-1000
Quote from: Bill Ruppert on Today at 02:16:02 PMHAHAHAH Some how I knew you would jump in.
The most important thing is to make music with what you have.
All these are great tools and not a fan club.
well Bill you keep acting like its user error or the musician doesn't have enough skill  to get the SY300 to sound good. That somehow the Sy300 is misunderstood by us lesser mortals.

Obviously that's not the case if a person doesn't have  sound quality issues with the SY1000 using a hex pup.

We all know you are very skilled and can make most anything sound good however we all perceive sound differently. And I can't discount your bias for 1/4" input devices because of your affiliation and design input into those quarter inch input electro-harmonix pedals. But perhaps it's more your talant then the actual pedal that sounds good.

You know what they say; tone is in the fingers.

Peace out
New Gear / Harley Benton bass and guitars...
Last post by Bill Ruppert - Today at 02:56:03 PM
Is the Harley Benton line of guitar and bass guitars of good quality?
Here in the States we don't see them.

The new short scale bass looks nice..

https://www.gearnews.com/harley-benton-mv-4msb-gotoh-short-scale-bass/
Quote from: akahige on Today at 09:51:15 AMWell, is the SY-300 is abandoned by Boss ?

Don't you think that considering his price range it would be the very least to have an update that include the SY-1 and SY-200 sounds ?

It feels a bit like a waste, the SY-300 is a great unit but more updates with more sounds and improved features would more than appreciated, it's like boss develop some hardware but when it's available, the updates are quasi inexistant. Very sad :-[

All the sounds that are in the SY-1 and SY-200 are in the SY-300. You just need to program them.
HAHAHAH Some how I knew you would jump in.
The most important thing is to make music with what you have.
All these are great tools and not a fan club.
Quote from: gumtown on Today at 10:08:18 AMAt this stage, I think the SY-300 is done by Boss,
I wish they would fix the irritating distortion which is inherent in the synth tone, the other SY units in the product range don't have this.
The distortion is not obvious immediately, but after you work with the unit for a while, t=you hear it, and can't "un-hear it" after that, like a cross-over distortion in a badly designed amp. 
totally agree. Sounds like nails on a chalkboard and can't unhear it once it fatigues a good pair of ears.

As far as upgrades, the SY1000, with its multiple firmware updates, was the upgrade to the SY300. No nails on a chalkboard fx with the SY1000, although a few people had problems with it, hence the series of firmware updates.

Highly recommend anyone considering the SY300 to skip it and get the Sy 1000 instead. 1/4" input for this kind of Technology still doesn't work well. Hex rules.
Quote from: akahige on Today at 09:51:15 AMWell, is the SY-300 is abandoned by Boss ?

Don't you think that considering his price range it would be the very least to have an update that include the SY-1 and SY-200 sounds ?

It feels a bit like a waste, the SY-300 is a great unit but more updates with more sounds and improved features would more than appreciated, it's like boss develop some hardware but when it's available, the updates are quasi inexistant. Very sad :-[

I dont think Boss does anything after a number of years.
No Mfj can.
The SY-300 is amazing, and NOBODY has come close to scratching the surface of what it can do.
So lots of life left there!
I love the way it sounds and plays.
It is more misunderstood than the VG-99.
At this stage, I think the SY-300 is done by Boss,
I wish they would fix the irritating distortion which is inherent in the synth tone, the other SY units in the product range don't have this.
The distortion is not obvious immediately, but after you work with the unit for a while, t=you hear it, and can't "un-hear it" after that, like a cross-over distortion in a badly designed amp. 
Well, is the SY-300 is abandoned by Boss ?

My bad. These issue descriptions are so difficult to write, much less read; and I apologize for not following very carefully.