What amp and cab for acoustic?

Started by jwoertz, February 01, 2023, 07:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwoertz

Hello- what amp is everyone using when you are using an electric acoustic (acoustic with pickup system)? In Helix world I used "TUBE PRE" as a preamp but is there anything like this on BOSS GT world? Also what speaker sim if going direct to front of house?

Boisdelac

I got no acoustic guitar with a pickup.

But if..I would disable all ampsims and all speaker sims, and use a compressor/limiter, reverb,
delay and one or more EQs instead.

admin

AIRD Preamp type:  AIRD TRANSPARENT
"An amp with a broad frequency range and an extremely flat response. Good for acoustic guitar."

V10 GT-1000 Parameter Guide
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-1000_parameter_eng11_W.pdf

Brak(E)man

Quote from: admin on February 02, 2023, 05:17:30 AMAIRD Preamp type:  AIRD TRANSPARENT
"An amp with a broad frequency range and an extremely flat response. Good for acoustic guitar."

V10 GT-1000 Parameter Guide
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-1000_parameter_eng11_W.pdf

I would agree.
I have not tried it with GT
but the same amp in SY-1000 sounds good with a good transducer or piezo
acoustic PU. (Also the mic type sim is worth fiddling with.)
If you want the real deal, I suggest looking into Boss AD-10.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

PAH

I agree with all of the above.  Using the Transparent amp gives you some basic tone controls.  If those aren't good enough use an EQ with or without the transparent amp.  If using a speaker sim with the transparent amp, I'd stick with the "Original" speaker, otherwise you'll get a lot of the sparkly highs cut out.

Boisdelac

I borrowed an acoustic guitar with a pickup and tried the transparent amp. Good advice!!! Switching of the speaker sim at all and using an EQ and enable a low cut and a high cut at certain frequencies gave me a really good acoustic sound. Added a compressor before the amp an reverb after... nice.