SY-300 Back Breaking Scratchy Beat - FX

Started by rolandvg99, July 14, 2016, 03:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolandvg99

A short FX demo using the SY-300 velocity sensitive pitch envelope. All sounds are from the SY-300 except from some EQ and Valhalla DSP Room added to the drums. Get yourself on the floor and do some break-dancing!

Back Breaking Scratchy Beat
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

JiveTurkey

OH MY GOD. PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE SHARING THIS IN THE EXCHANGE.

Seriously. We do some old school rap and this would be absolutely killer in the mix  ;D

rolandvg99

I'll be doing an upload later. Glad you liked it. :)

JiveTurkey

Quote from: rolandvg99 on July 14, 2016, 05:20:59 AM
I'll be doing an upload later. Glad you liked it. :)
Awesome! Any external controllers required for this? Expression pedal? Or is it a case of pick scrapes and moving your fretting hand? I know Tom Morello had a number of techniques he used to approximate a DJ but I am not sure if it was more hand technique than gear? Either way; I'm loading it up for our next gig when you post it  :D

rolandvg99

Fretboard position, bends and pick attack only.

Smash

I knew it! The SY was just waiting patiently for you lol.

Now it gets interesting...

HecticArt

Very cool. I could use something like that for the 55.

JiveTurkey

Finally got to use this patch last night. I thought my bandmates were going to fall over with laughter as they heard dj scratching coming out of a guitar rig  ;D

Question for  you RolandVG99 as I just thought of this and I am not in front of the SY. Does this preset use all 3 oscillators? If not; I am going to add the guitar tone on one oscillator and switch out between scratching and my normal sound using the method I do with my other presets.

rolandvg99

It does use all OSCs, but I guess it could be cut down to a two OSC thing with some re-adjusting.

JiveTurkey

Quote from: rolandvg99 on August 04, 2016, 06:52:33 AM
It does use all OSCs, but I guess it could be cut down to a two OSC thing with some re-adjusting.
Very interesting. I am going to tweak on this preset this weekend and see what I can come up with. Thanks for your excellent work!