Jamhub

Started by Elantric, January 05, 2014, 09:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

http://jamhub.com

Jamhub was developed by former Bose engineers to assist musicians achieve individual headset mixes which have each band members instrument in the foreground.

What's A JamHub for?
JamHub studios
JamHub studios are a complete monitoring solution, delivering up to 11 completely independent analog monitor mixes.
Each player gets their own wedge with instrument and microphone inputs, and dials in exactly what they want to hear.
It couldn't be simpler, and it's got a million uses.

Stage
Take control of your sound. JamHub studios give you complete freedom over your monitor mixes on stage. Whether you're using conventional wedges or looking to take the leap into the wonderful world of in-ear monitoring, these intuitive solutions are by far the easiest and most affordable way to hear exactly what you need every time you get up to entertain.

Studio
Don't want to spend thousands on complex systems just to give your bandmates independent monitor mixes when you sit down to record? JamHub studios are the simplest and most affordable way to do just that, seamlessly integrating into your home studio to give players exactly what they need to perform at their best when the red light goes on.

Rehearsal
No more mud. No more volume wars. Dial in the mix that works for you, find your space in the sound, and work it. Critical listening is a vital part of any good band's practice routine, and JamHub studios create an intimate, efficient environment
free from the trappings of the room to do it in.

Hear every note. Play for tone. Build stronger muscle memory. Be a better band.

Classroom
Modern music education is a worldwide phenomenon, and JamHub studios are the most affordable way to bring rock camps and ensemble lessons into your rec center, store, or school without the massive overhead of renovations and soundproofing. Students quickly take to the studio experience, learning to play music in a coordinated, collaborative way that sets them up for success in all walks of life.

Scroll through our site to find out more about JamHub studios and exactly how they can help you play better.

We have an archived doc in our download area worth knowing about.

Using Jamhub for In Ear Monitor Application
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=22

Elantric

I purchased a Jamhup Tourbus 4 years ago, and its been a great tool.

They are adding upgrades - like the Tracker MT16 recorder module which connects to the Jamhub via the "displayport" style 22 pin connection, which allows 8 stereo channels of 24 bit audio to be captured to SD card or thumb drive,
http://jamhub.com/trackermt16/index.html

or uploaded to the cloud where band members can use IOS app BandLab for multitrack collaboration on the cloud.

http://jamhub.com/jamhub-bandlab.html

MCK

Thanks for the info. I have one from 4 years ago as well and wasn't aware of continued product development. Will look into it. Great product.

admin

rolandvg99

Nice guide guys. Another option is the new Behringer (auch!) Powerplay 16 series which distributes audio and POE through CAT5 cables and offers up to 16 discrete channels with eq, limiting, panning and storing of setups for later recall. Price for a six piece band is in the $2000 range for a single user it costs around $630. All prices sans ear plugs. Twice the price of the Jamhub, but does way more and is great if coupled with a X32.

Behringer P16M
Behringer P16I
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Elantric

Roland's version of Jamhub
HS-5: Session Mixer
http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/1337

HS-5: Session Mixer
Rehearsal and Recording Mixer for Ensembles

Convenient and simple to use, the HS-5 allows up to five musicians to rehearse, jam, and record while monitoring with headphones. Players have individual hands-on control of their personal mix, plus access to reverb and COSM® effects for guitar, bass, and vocals. Bands can capture stereo recordings directly to a USB thumb drive, or connect the HS-5 to a computer via a USB cable and record each channel to individual tracks in a DAW. Additionally, each musician's personalized settings can be saved for instant recall, providing quick setup for future rehearsals and recording sessions.

Performer-friendly digital mixer with high-quality sound and USB
Up to five musicians can rehearse or jam while monitoring with headphones
Independent control of the monitor mix for each performer
COSM amp modeling plus vocal effects and built-in reverb
Record stereo mixes to a USB thumb drive
Connect to a computer via USB for multitrack recording in a DAW
A PERSONAL MONITOR MIX FOR EACH MUSICIAN

The HS-5 allows every musician in a group to set up their own independent monitor mix using the Mix A thru Mix D switches located in the center of the unit. Once an overall mix has been decided, musicians can use the My Mix knob to adjust the volume of their own mic or instrument, and they can also add ambience independently with their channel's Reverb knob. Current settings are clearly displayed with LEDs encircling the knobs, making it easy to check the status while playing. For larger groups, another HS-5 can be connected in tandem to accommodate up to eight musicians.

FOUR CHANNELS WITH GUITAR/BASS AMP MODELING AND VOCAL EFFECTS

The HS-5 provides access to guitar and bass amp modeling on four independent channels. This means that players can connect their electric guitar or bass directly into the HS-5 and jam with the same sound and feel as playing through an amp. Vocalists can also experience enhanced, studio-quality sound via the built-in compressor for each mic input. With the intuitive panel controls, HS-5 users can quickly adjust EQ and pan settings and dial in just the right amount of amount of guitar distortion or vocal compression.

CAPTURE STEREO MIXES OR FULL MULTITRACK RECORDINGS

By connecting a USB thumb drive to the HS-5's Memory jack, it's extremely easy to record stereo mixes of group performances for evaluation and sharing. For more advanced production, it's possible to connect to a computer via USB and record each performer to individual tracks in popular DAW software. This powerful combo creates an incredibly simple and versatile system for creating complete ensemble recordings.

ONBOARD METRONOME FOR TIGHT TIMING

Timing is essential for rehearsal and recording, and the HS-5 includes a built-in metronome to keep everyone playing together. Just press the dedicated Click/Tap button to start the metronome, and then tap the button at the desired tempo to adjust the speed for the music.

TOTAL RECALL FOR QUICK SETUP

The HS-5's snapshot function allows you to save all the unit's current settings to a USB thumb drive. This lets your entire group resume performances right where you left off—even at a totally new location or a much later date.

*Only one set of HS-5 settings can be stored on a single USB thumb drive.

Elantric

new for 2016
http://www.jamhub.com/
Jamhub Stage

All New JamHub Stage

Just announced at NAMM 2016, the next generation of JamHub will ship later in July and promises to completely change the way you think about rehearsal, recording, and performance.

Main XLR Outputs

With new Left and Right main XLR outputs, your JamHub Stage is the perfect mixer for small spaces like coffee shops and house parties. It's portable, durable, and gives you a highly visual, intuitive way to mix both your PA and your monitors.

Main Output Faders

The familiar feel of smooth gliding faders to control the main XLR outputs on the JamHub stage make it easier to mix quickly with one hand under dim stage lights, giving you superior control for superior sound.

14 channel multitrack send

Full-band live monitoring plus multitracking! Your JamHub Stage is a home studio in a box,  featuring a fully functional multitrack interface that sends 14 channels of live audio to your computer. Open up your favorite DAW and capture the entire band's performance while allowing every musician to control their own monitor mix on fly.

Elantric

Elantric

RIP - Jamhub
An open letter to our JamHub family

Dear JamHub users, fans, and family,

In 2009, we launched JamHub to help a local  kid play more music without getting shut down by the neighbors, and were met with rave reviews and more awards than any other product had ever won in a single NAMM. We took on the challenge of building the silent-rehearsal market in a recession, and ever since we've been amazed and inspired by the number of lives we've touched with our humble mixer.

Musicians need a place to play. Teachers need a space to teach. And wedge monitors are terrible for you and your audience. These are lessons we learned from you, all the wonderful artists we've talked to through the years.

Unfortunately, not every small business story can be one of long lasting success, and so it is with a heavy heart that we are announcing the closing of JamHub operations.

The final production run of JamHub studios is currently available through some  of the fine online retailers who have supported us throughout the years, and every new studio sold now will be backed by our 2-year factory warranty. Get 'em while they're hot, because when they're gone, they're gone.

Technical assistance and support are available on our website's FAQ section, or by e-mailing us directly at info@JamHub.com. Our Facebook and Twitter community will be kept alive and strong through the participation of users just like you who want to help others make the most of their silent rehearsal studios.

While we are sad to see this day come and go, we are eternally grateful and inspired by all the music you're going to make tomorrow. You've been an amazing audience. Thank you, and goodnight.

Sincerely,

Steve Skillings: JamHub's inventor

Veronica Pierni: Co-Founder and COO

Ellen Surry: Operations, Customer Service, and so much back stage work that helps the show run, but few get to see

Dave Leary:  Marketing, Social Media, Front Man

Jon Francis:  Education Coordinator, Student Advocate, Teacher Advocate

Marci Skillings: Support when we needed it, NAMM Organizer

vtgearhead

Quote from: rolandvg99 on January 06, 2014, 02:07:19 AM
Nice guide guys. Another option is the new Behringer (auch!) Powerplay 16 series which distributes audio and POE through CAT5 cables and offers up to 16 discrete channels with eq, limiting, panning and storing of setups for later recall. Price for a six piece band is in the $2000 range for a single user it costs around $630. All prices sans ear plugs. Twice the price of the Jamhub, but does way more and is great if coupled with a X32.

Behringer P16M
Behringer P16I

Seconded.  We've been using a P16 system for the past two years and it's made an amazing difference in our ability to hear ourselves and each other. 

Brak(E)man

Recently I purchased a brand new Jamhub Tracker from Bax Music. Current firmware rev 1.46. How do update to the latest firmware?  I want to be able to record music to a USB hard disc drive and the firmware that's on it now ,doesn't support that.

an otherwise excellent product. I also own the Jamhub Greenroom.

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

admin

Afaik they are no longer online

Contact them here

http://www.jamhub.com/tracker-faq/

Brak(E)man

Quote from: admsustainiac on January 20, 2018, 10:44:18 AM
Afaik they are no longer online

Contact them here

http://www.jamhub.com/tracker-faq/

Thanx
I have but no answer yet.
I was hoping someone here might know
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

admin

Quote from: Brak(E)man on January 20, 2018, 12:45:50 PM
Thanx
I have but no answer yet.
I was hoping someone here might know

an answer may never come - the principals at JamHub have retired since their end of products announcement last year

An open letter to our JamHub family
Dear JamHub users, fans, and family,

In 2009, we launched JamHub to help a local  kid play more music without getting shut down by the neighbors, and were met with rave reviews and more awards than any other product had ever won in a single NAMM. We took on the challenge of building the silent-rehearsal market in a recession, and ever since we've been amazed and inspired by the number of lives we've touched with our humble mixer.

Musicians need a place to play. Teachers need a space to teach. And wedge monitors are terrible for you and your audience. These are lessons we learned from you, all the wonderful artists we've talked to through the years.

Unfortunately, not every small business story can be one of long lasting success, and so it is with a heavy heart that we are announcing the closing of JamHub operations.

The final production run of JamHub studios is currently available through some  of the fine online retailers who have supported us throughout the years, and every new studio sold now will be backed by our 2-year factory warranty. Get 'em while they're hot, because when they're gone, they're gone.

Technical assistance and support are available on our website's FAQ section, or by e-mailing us directly at info@JamHub.com. Our Facebook and Twitter community will be kept alive and strong through the participation of users just like you who want to help others make the most of their silent rehearsal studios.

While we are sad to see this day come and go, we are eternally grateful and inspired by all the music you're going to make tomorrow. You've been an amazing audience. Thank you, and goodnight.

Sincerely,

Steve Skillings: JamHub's inventor and Co-Founder

Veronica Pierni: Co-Founder and COO

Ellen Surry: Operations, Customer Service, and so much back stage work that helps the show run, but few get to see

Dave Leary:  Marketing, Social Media, Front Man

Jon Francis:  Education Coordinator, Student Advocate, Teacher Advocate

Marci Skillings: Support and motivation when we really needed it, NAMM Organizer and Co-Founder

Looking for parts and new-old-stock JamHub studios?
Go to our eBay store or Reverb store and have a look.  Get 'em now, while supplies last.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/jamhub_corp/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

admin