GP-10 - Bass effect on Guitar using GP-10

Started by rocks_are_stupid, June 22, 2017, 05:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocks_are_stupid

Here's an introduction to my "Synth Guitar" Setup which includes the Boss GP10. I posted the first demo last month here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20961.msg150768#msg150768

In this post I will demonstrate doubling the guitar with a bass patch. In other words playing both bass and guitar at the same time, it is true that the bass is fairly limited (such as playing only root notes) but the guitar remains exactly the same way and with this setup, has the effect of being backed up by a bass player

Youtube Example:

In this example I'm using the Synth guitar pickup to process the signal of only the 2 bass strings and ignore the rest, the modelling technology of the Roland Pedal is set to emulate a fender Jazz Bass. Just to stress a point from my post a couple of weeks ago, this is NOT conversion to MIDI which is known to have latency delays and mis-triggering of notes. This is all based on the actual string sound coming from the guitar

Only the E and A string are being processed by the synth pickup and when they're played will sound just like a bass. Any string I play that isn't one of those two will just go through the normal pickup and sound like a guitar. Now imagine playing a chord, it will have the sound of a guitar playing the chord, but it will also have the bass playing the root note. Here is a demo of how I do it.

As usual please feel free to ask any questions or comment on the video examples I've attached - I'd also like to hear some suggestions you might have for songs to really take advantage of the features in the guitar!
Original Music/Videos using only the Vguitar
-
www.YouTube.com/YourNewEmpire
www.Instagram.com/Your_New_Empire
www.Facebook.com/YourNewEmpire

mccorp

Rocks are stupid, but you are not! Well done, I like this effect. Now to figure out how to do it.  :)
Sometimes you have to let go of the melody and focus on the rhythm

slyisdead

JoBoss

wow.....sound great...perhaps if you could upload the patches... 8).......zee thankz in advanze,,,

Nicolher

aliensporebomb

Cool!   I've actually got a handful of similar patches on the VG-99.   I was trying to do a faux-Cream patch with Clapton ES-335 and bass to emulate that kind of sound.  Then I did a few others.  Nice to see this.   I never did upload the patches, maybe I will now.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Andrew H

Hi, video is coming up as unavailable. Is it still there?

roachone