New Roland Looper to replace RC-300??

Started by BobbyD, September 29, 2016, 09:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobbyD

Hello Friends,

The RC-300 has been out now for 3 years, maybe longer. Does anyone know if Roland is close to releasing the next generation flagship looper which I think would be a huge seller for Roland as looping seems to have grown in popularity in the short  1 1/2 years I stumbled upon Loopers.   The more I learn about looping, the more I realize how much I love this technology. My next band is going to be a solo act and my rig is almost complete. All I need is a PA (waiting for the new Fishman SA300 to start shipping)..   I have a Voice Live 3 Extreme for vocals and acoustic guitar and realize it has a built in looper.  What I want to do is master only one looper because every model seems to slightly differ in the way it performs.  Knowing how much I love this technology, I am seriously considering getting the Roland RC-300 but my gut tells me Roland's next generation flagship looper is right around the corner.  Or I may be completely wrong, and the RC-300 will be around for a few more years.  Same with GR-55.  Even though I use the FTP, I would have thought that Roland would have come out with a newer version of their flagship guitar synth which would also be a huge seller and maybe they are focusing on their next synth  instead of the RC-300.  You guys are the experts so  would love to hear what your thoughts are.  Thanks a bunch.

BobbyD

I meant to say Boss.  Not sure why I thought Roland made that unit.

Beirne

I have/use both the roland 300 and VL extreme WITH the switch6. I suggest you work out the VL for looping IF you want a minimal rig and dont need the extra routing that the rc300 has. The Roland is great ...I use all the inputs...drum mic, guitar, mixboard etc. with 4 extra control fotswitches.
But if its simple V/chorus/bridge looping use the VL extreme...for now. My 2 cents.
www.intangiblesny.com
www.facebook.com/intangiblesband

aliensporebomb

I love the RC-300 and use it for my live performances - I use it to save loops improvised live that I then turn into studio material I fly into my computer based recording setup.  I would love it if it had one or two more loops but it is bullet/bomb proof and large and easy to control on stage.

I wonder about a sequel as well.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

BobbyD

Quote from: Beirne on September 30, 2016, 01:50:47 PM
I have/use both the roland 300 and VL extreme WITH the switch6. I suggest you work out the VL for looping IF you want a minimal rig and dont need the extra routing that the rc300 has. The Roland is great ...I use all the inputs...drum mic, guitar, mixboard etc. with 4 extra control fotswitches.
But if its simple V/chorus/bridge looping use the VL extreme...for now. My 2 cents.

Bernie....the funny thing is, I know you are correct and to keep things as simple as possible especially for a person like me and I should first learn to use the looper VL3E.  This was a great recommendation because how would I even know if I need the RC-300 until I first figured out the the capabilities of what VL3E.  By that time, if I fill I need more options, the new Boss looper will probably have been announced. Great advice. Thxs
Quote from: aliensporebomb on October 01, 2016, 02:18:37 PM

I love the RC-300 and use it for my live performances - I use it to save loops improvised live that I then turn into studio material I fly into my computer based recording setup.  I would love it if it had one or two more loops but it is bullet/bomb proof and large and easy to control on stage.

I wonder about a sequel as well.

After reading last post and adding a comment, I read your POST saying you would like a couple extra loops on top of what you already have.   I am happy you said that because that tells me I will eventually also probably want additional loops.  I am going to learn the capabilities of what I have so when a new improved RC-400 is announced, I will know if I need those extra loops. thanks

Brak(E)man

boss rc 505 is a good looper works great
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch