Written C++ declaration but not sure it it's right or what it does?

Started by philjynx, February 12, 2018, 05:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philjynx

CodeSmart

Just a reflection from an old man. To keep sane and to keep the code bug free and understandable to yourself and others ten-twenty years after: Keep Things Simple
if you can.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

vtgearhead

Quote from: CodeSmart on February 12, 2018, 02:02:04 PM
Just a reflection from an old man. To keep sane and to keep the code bug free and understandable to yourself and others ten-twenty years after: Keep Things Simple
if you can.

So, what I want to know is:  If you're an "old man" at 50-something, what does that make me? :-)

CodeSmart

Quote from: snhirsch on February 12, 2018, 02:36:40 PM
So, what I want to know is:  If you're an "old man" at 50-something, what does that make me? :-)

Also old, right?  ;D
I did my first code lines 78 or 79, did you start much earlier?
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumtown

Keep in mind that code for PC is automatically allocated multi-tasking for many functions, where the micro controllers like Arduino do not do multi tasking, their operation is very sequential.

For button scanning requiring time based functions, I recommend a separate micro just for that job.
The other option is to look at 32bit PIC micros and state machine tasks.

For Arduino Teensy debugging, the serial.print(); function is handy, using the serial display window for logging events.

I have been stuck on just a few lines of code for 2 months, trying to figure out Android java midi calls through a C++ written application,
using an intermediate language (jni) to glue between c++ and java.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/