FX Floorboard or Sneaky Amps?

Started by jigncraw, February 11, 2018, 08:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigncraw

Hi all I'm still figuring out how to program my Katana. However I was wondering which software I should use?
Thanks 🤘🤘

gumtown

FxFloorboard gives you instant access to all the sneaky amps and the sneaky/hidden effects,
and also allows use of 5 effect blocks instead of the 3 only available with Tone Studio.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Alathea_Squared

OKay, but in order to use sneakyamps on the amp itself and save the effects (like, if you had 5 effects), you can't do that, right? Or am I not understanding what FxFloorboard actually does? Im looking at it as a computer interface only, not a way actually save those patches on the amp.
"'Cause no matter where you go, there you are."

admin

You can edit your patch include sneaky amps and edit and make use of five separate effects and save them as a preset to the katana that will work when the computer is disconnected

dazco

You can indeed get more effects at once. But theres a catch. If you for example have the booster/mod block set so you are using both a boost and a mod effect and saved it to the amp. The second you touch the knob on the amp the booster mod block will revert back to one effect. So say you turn the knob and it's facing the booster side. The booster will still be active but the mod will have turned off soon as you moved the knob. So if you use 2 effects at one time from one effects block just note that at a gig or whatever,  you will not be able to adjust anything at the amp in that block and still have both effects in that block active. Personally because of that i found it to not be useful for me.

There are other benefits to using FX floorboard tho, and also advantages to boss tone studio. So i use both and open whichever one is most useful to me for what i'm going to do.

vtgearhead

Another problem with multiple effects:  Behavior of the GA-FC effect toggle buttons becomes a bit hard to predict.  I believe there is a pattern to it, but I've never been able to reason in advance which of, e.g. mod or fx is actually switched when you have both active.