EHX 95000 Looper

Started by Rhcole, January 18, 2018, 10:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

https://www.ehx.com/products/95000

Possibly their big announcement for NAMM?

Rhcole

Looks to me more like a recording/studio product than for live use, as Bill manipulates many of the controls by hand in the video. You'd need a serious MIDI external controller for live manipulation.
In that manner it's similar to the 45000.

Owners Manual
https://www.ehx.com/assets/instructions/95000.pdf

admin

Owners Manual
Digital Audio Specifications: 16-bit/44.1 kHz
 microSDHC Memory Card Size: 4GB-32GB
 Maximum Loop Recording Time on Included
16GB microSDHC Memory Card: up to
375 minutes
EHX introduces the 95000 Performance Loop Laboratory, the company's most advanced looper to date, featuring six mono tracks and one stereo mixdown track per loop. It will record up to 375 minutes and 100 loops with a 16GB Micro SD card and switching between loops is quick and easy.

The new 95000 is housed in a rugged, aluminum, all metal chassis with a control layout that has been optimized for use as both a tabletop and foot-pedal unit. This new design ensures that the player can take maximum advantage of the looper's powerful performance capabilities.

The 95000 also features a robust I/O including two audio inputs, each capable of handling a microphone (phantom power is included), instrument or unbalanced line input so the unit can readily connect to all sound sources. Left / right outputs, a Monitor out and a Headphone Out are included.

Featured Videos
To suggest a video, send email to: info@ehx.com
Quick Specs
-Import / export .WAV files to MAC or PC via the built-in USB port
-TAP Button allows you to set loop BPM
-Quantize or non-quantize (free running) recording modes
-Speed adjust over a 2-octave range
-Overdub or punch in / out recording
-Reverse playback and recording
-Loop progress may be displayed in Bar/Beat format
-Expression pedal control over loop volume
-Left/right outputs, Monitor Out, Headphone Output

https://www.guitarworld.com/gear/ehx-announces-new-95000-performance-loop-laboratory
New looper is the company's most advanced to date, featuring six mono tracks and one stereo mixdown track per loop.
SHARES
Electro-Harmonix has unveiled its new 95000 Performance Loop Laboratory.

The company's most advanced looper to date, it features six mono tracks and one stereo mixdown track per loop. It can record up to 375 minutes and 100 loops with a 16GB Micro SD card.

The 95000 is housed in an aluminum, all-metal chassis with a control layout that's been optimized for use as a tabletop and foot-pedal unit. It also features a robust I/O including two audio inputs, each capable of handling a microphone (phantom power is included), instrument or unbalanced line input so the unit can readily connect to all sound sources. Left/right outputs, a Monitor out and a Headphone Out are also included.

FEATURES:

6 tracks / 1 mixdown track per loop, up to 100 loops per Micro SD card
16 GB Micro SD card included providing up to 375 minutes of recording time
Optimized design: the control surface is presented at a 10 degree angle while the footswitches are set at a steeper 25 degree angle so the user's foot will not hit the controls.
Records high quality 44.1kHz audio directly to Micro SD cards
MIDI In, MIDI Out, MIDI clock sync capability
Nearly all functions can be controlled via MIDI CC (Control Change) messages
Import / export .WAV files to MAC or PC via the built-in USB port
TAP Button allows you to set loop BPM
Quantize or non-quantize (free running) recording modes
Speed adjust over a 2-octave range
Overdub or punch in / out recording
Reverse playback and recording
Loop progress may be displayed in Bar/Beat format
Expression pedal control over loop volume
Left/right outputs, Monitor Out, Headphone Output
The 95000 Performance Loop Laboratory is available now. It includes an EHX 9.6VDC 500mA power supply and carries a US street price of $550.

For more info, stop by ehx.com.

Bill Ruppert

FWIW all tracks recorded with the VG-99.

vanceg

Looks AMAZING. 
I'm baffled at why it would have stereo inputs and state that each loop is Mono.  That's...bizarre. I'm hoping it's a mistake and that each loop is stereo.

Bill Ruppert

You can assign it to record in stereo on two tracks at once. L/R
The Mixdown track is stereo. You can also store drum loops ect of that track.
You and also record Mic on one channel and line in on another at the same time.
PLUS this is the fastest looper I have EVER played as far as going from record to play.

Elantric

Quote from: vanceg on January 18, 2018, 02:53:23 PM
Looks AMAZING. 
I'm baffled at why it would have stereo inputs and state that each loop is Mono.  That's...bizarre. I'm hoping it's a mistake and that each loop is stereo.

Elantric

aliensporebomb

Sweet demo - that intro!  Love it. 

And the Rush track.  And the instant backwards guitar - I know some guys who would buy it for just the "guitar backwards feature".

So if you get two of them it's a 190000? 

This one is awfully nice and an interesting methodology for a looping device because it seems to meld the features of a mixing board and a looper in the same unit - adaptable for studio or stage.  And compact.  Contrast the aircraft carrier sized RC-300. 

What's one more looper in the house too?  :-)

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Shingles

Feedback control - yeh!
Nice, but no sub out for applying effects? No independent control of pitch or tempo? Nothing said about automatic detection and editing of beats and loop boundaries?
Otherwise, it's getting close to what I can do with the Electrix Repeater.
Nik
--------------------------------
Tonelab, VG99, Axon AX100, EDP, Repeater
Godin, PRS, Crafter and Roland guitars
Center Point Stereo Spacestation V3

Shingles

Quote from: Shingles on January 18, 2018, 11:49:04 PM
Feedback control - yeh!
Nice, but no sub out for applying effects? No independent control of pitch or tempo? Nothing said about automatic detection and editing of beats and loop boundaries?
Otherwise, it's getting close to what I can do with the Electrix Repeater.

Oh, and only one phantom switch? So I can't have a condenser mic on one input and a line or guitar source on the other?
Nik
--------------------------------
Tonelab, VG99, Axon AX100, EDP, Repeater
Godin, PRS, Crafter and Roland guitars
Center Point Stereo Spacestation V3

Matteo Barducci

--

---> Matteo Barducci

mooncaine

I think Moonie wants this. It's definitely on the short list.

Beirne

will this do sequential loop track playback? Like the the alternate mode of the Boss rc300
www.intangiblesny.com
www.facebook.com/intangiblesband

danielleoh

I think a lot will hinge on how they implemented external midi control. The typical path for EHX is to make a pedal that does one thing, but does more (or does things more easily) with the "expansion" pedal, control pedal, whatever...
There doesn't seem to be one of those for this, so I assume you would use your FC-300 or something to allow hands-free control.
I have a bad back and the reviews I've watched on YouTube for this generally show someone bent over, twiddling knobs/sliders. You'd get the most out of something like this by putting it on a table, using external footswitches to record the loops, manually adjust levels and so forth as you stack up your sounds. I think...

Beirne

Just got mine..Sam ash had one in stock. It's amazing. I've had the oberheim echo-plex, jamman,boss
Rc300. This blows them away. And midi control too.
Super easy to use too.
www.intangiblesny.com
www.facebook.com/intangiblesband

admin

The latest loopop video is a demo and review of the Electro-Harmonix EHX-95000 multi-track looping pedal.

Video Summary:

The Electro-Harmonix EHX-95000 is the latest in its series of multi-track loopers. The concept behind these loopers is simplicity, and for the most part, knob per function.

Electro-Harmonix were clearly going for scale here: the EHX95000 can live loop into 6 mono tracks, which can be used alternatively as 3 stereo tracks. It also has a seventh "mixdown" stereo track that can live record all 6 mono tracks, including their level and panning motion, and mix them down into one stereo track, freeing the 6 tracks for even more live looping. Each of the tracks has its own dedicated level control, and the six mono tracks have panning control as well.

Panning can be used to separate your tracks in the stereo field, but also, as I show in the video review, as a performance tool to send each track through a different external effects chain. The combination of 6 mono tracks and one stereo mixdown track is called a Loop, and the EHX95000 can store 100 of those on a removable SD card. The supplied 16GB card can store up to 375 minutes. There's an easily accessible UNDO button to clear up recording mistakes or as a performance tool.

Once a loop is recorded, it can be overdubbed, with an ability to control the level of the part you're dubbing over, so "old" parts of a loop can gradually fade away as you record new ones. There's also a "punch" in function if you prefer to replace part of a recorded loop rather than overdub. Loop length can be determined in real time, or quantized to a pre-set tempo. A metronome is available with a count-in function, and since there are dedicated headphone outputs, your audience need not be troubled with the metronome clicks.

Additional performance features include one-click reverse, one click octave drop, and the ability to adjust the pitch and tempo of a loop after you record it. This can be done either via smooth control or quantized to semitones. Pitch and tempo shifting go together – you can't change one without the other – the higher you raise the tempo, so goes the pitch, and vice versa.

In terms of connectivity, the EHX-95000 has two L/R inputs with 1/4 inch/XLR jack type connector, with a phantom power switch. There are separate headphone and L/R outputs, as well as a monitor output and AUX input. A USB port means you don't need a card reader to read or write to the SD card. WAV files can be transferred to and from the SD card so you can save your loops, or import pre-recorded ones. There's also an expression pedal input to control loop levels. The included MIDI in and out ports give you extensive control over the EHX-95000 via MIDI commands.

PROS: Very easy to use and learn, plenty of tracks with knob-per-function control; extensive MIDI controls

CONS: All 7 tracks in a loop need to be the same length; no onboard effects.

admin

carlb

Uhm, have I just not been paying attention to loopers or does this feel like an old-school multi-track tape recording system?

I like old-school. I am old-school ...
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

admin

Quote from: carlb on June 06, 2018, 01:52:25 PM
Uhm, have I just not been paying attention to loopers or does this feel like an old-school multi-track tape recording system?

I like old-school. I am old-school ...

same here

( vs RC-300) coupled with EHX 95000's smaller size and AUX Input , and "old familiar workflow" - EHX 95000 already seems a lot more intuitive  = more productivity when new song inspiration strikes   - just connect EHX 95000 to the output of your Guitar Amp MFX box dujour', lay basic tracks - and then connect a vocal mic and record rough tracks

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/656153-REG/Audio_Technica_BPHS1_BPHS1_Broadcast_Stereo_Headset.html

Hurricane

Quote from: Beirne on February 19, 2018, 09:51:42 PM
Just got mine..Sam ash had one in stock. It's amazing. I've had the oberheim echo-plex, jamman,boss
Rc300. This blows them away. And midi control too.
Super easy to use too.

8)
¿ How do you like the action on the stomp switches ?

Going from the vids they look really stiff with a lot of resistance .

Judging from the sound they appear to take substantial thrust to
engage/disengage . My MFX unit has really nice and easy stomp
switches from a comparative point of view .

Other than this observation it looks like a solid unit . I like it  ;D

EZ :

HR

admin

8)
¿ How do you like the action on the stomp switches ?

Going from the vids they look really stiff with a lot of resistance .

Judging from the sound they appear to take substantial thrust to
engage/disengage . My MFX unit has really nice and easy stomp
switches from a comparative point of view .

Other than this observation it looks like a solid unit . I like it 

Eatch Reggie Watts ( on the right) in action live with the EHX 95000 on desktop as his main live controller

from r/synthesizers

But as a guitar player , ill use my feet to control 95000 live

Big attraction for me is 95000 I can already wrap my brain around the user interface and its substantially smaller than RC-300 - means I can use 95000 in more locations

frankk

A simple question - can this looper (EHX) load memory into patch at real time (performing) without delay (via footswitch?). The RC300 cannot do that and they are limited to 3 tracks. Thanks!

admin

Quote from: frankk on July 24, 2018, 10:29:07 AM
A simple question - can this looper (EHX) load memory into patch at real time (performing) without delay (via footswitch?). The RC300 cannot do that and they are limited to 3 tracks. Thanks!

Explain ?

Do you mean "load backing tracks" in real time?

the live performance aspect works in real time  - new recorded loops are available immediately after recording

Owners Manual