VG-99 - DOBRO

Started by duffy, December 08, 2010, 04:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duffy

I still keep being amazed at what the 99 will do.This patch is done with the guitar in an open G tuning except for the low E.
I also used the nifty little thing called the PERFECT NUT that you can find all over the place.I just got an FC300
so the 1st expression pedal is lowering the B string half a tone a well as the low E down a tone to make the minor chords easier to play.
There's a set of 10's with a 12 replacing the high E.
Please excuse the playing. :)

maxdaddy

very convincing dobro sound and playing!

paults

Sounds great!  Are you playing a solid body guitar? If so, even more impressive :)  I have an extra GK pickup on an Ovation that I use for modeled acoustic and jazzbox sounds. 

The attack/sustain signal sent by an acoustic to the VG that really works well for those sounds.  It also turns all the electric models into other guitars - the Les Paul sounds more like an ES-175, unless you really pile on the amp gain.   

duffy

Yes it is a solid body.Just a cheap strat copy from Godin with a bolt on neck.I am using acoustic elixers on it though.But they're 10 thru 47 not something I'd use on an acoustic guitar. But there is a wound G string that seems to my ears to make a lot of difference in getting more acoustic sounds out of the 99.