GT-100-Solo switch and Ouput Level possible problem

Started by poinkero, April 30, 2017, 11:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poinkero

I use the Solo switch a lot. But with my GT100, i dont hear its effect if I dont change the Solo level to atleast 55.

In my GT10, I can leave it at 50 (default) and clearly hear the difference.

Also, my GT100 seems to have a significantly lower output than my GT10. When I started creating patches for the GT100, I basically approached it like how I got my sounds on the GT10 (meaning preamp and effects levels are the basically same). I actually thought it's much easier to dial in good sounds in the 100, but the output is just significantly lower. I have to set the Output to +4 when I play live while with my GT10 it was always -10 and +4 always was just too loud.

Are you experiencing the same thing on the GT100? Or is there something wrong with mine?

gumtown

The GT-100 has been said by some to have a more 'darker' tone than the GT-10.
That would make the mid boosting solo function more pronounced on the GT-10.

As for the lower output level,
how does the "Guitar Input Level" settings compare between the GT-100 and GT-10?
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

poinkero

Quote from: gumtown on May 01, 2017, 02:02:56 AM
The GT-100 has been said by some to have a more 'darker' tone than the GT-10.
That would make the mid boosting solo function more pronounced on the GT-10.

As for the lower output level,
how does the "Guitar Input Level" settings compare between the GT-100 and GT-10?

I also set the Guitar Input Level the same. I'm still using the same guitar.
Well, I guess I just have to stick with what I do and just leave the Output level to +4.

joakes

FWIW, I use a standard setting, then use the ACCEL/CRT pedal (the blue one) as the solo sound. Its so easy to set up, and once you've found a sound that is YOURS, yu can adjust the output (as a solo guitar) in the GT software.

Cheers,
Jerry