Katana Mk1 - Gumtown's Katana FxFloorBoard Editor

Started by Elantric, April 07, 2017, 02:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biff

Thanks admsustainiac!

Outta Toon, great questions!

gumtown, great answers!

Outta Toon

Thanks Gumtown!  I got it downloaded no problem, started the program and only had to go into my preferences and choose the katana as the in and out and then I was able to connect.  Was able to change pedals etc.. with no issues.  Now I just need to learn what is what and how I want to set up my amp in anticipation for my foot pedal.  Thanks for all the hard work on this!

Biff

Hey Groovy Kats

I am kinda relaxing with a beer and my Katana (and a guitar).  I think I may have made an awesome Marshall tone and I want to save it like now.  I got floorboard open and the tone in my channel 2.  Thanks?   :)

admin

Press and hold the lit Amp CH2 momentary Switch for 2 seconds to write all current 
settings to Amp CH2.

Outta Toon

I hope the teacher gives Gumtown a gold star, cuz he deserves it!  ;)

Thanks Gumtown!

Biff

Good Morning All

admsustainiac, I was thinking how could I get my current panel settings and/or one of my channel settings saved on my computer using FXFloorboard?

admin

It's a work in progress and many functions are not implemented and working 100% yet

Use the method inducted ,save your current settings using method that works today ,pressing  the amp CH-#  button  2 seconds works for now

misterspock

Hi everyone, I'm a total noob when it comes to the world of electric guitars - I just picked up the Boss Katana 100W (1x12) and have been loving experimenting with the different effects over the last couple of weeks.

Last night I tried out the FXFlorBoard Editor and really loved it, especially since BTS for windows went down the day I bought the amp!

However I did notice that when I eventually unplugged the USB, there remained some background noise in the amp even when I performed a factory reset. I eventually realized that the noise was coming from the laptop charger that was plugged into the same powerboard - the noise disappeared when this was unplugged. What I find a little strange is that this noise wasn't noticeable when I first plugged in the laptop, started it up and connected the USB. Is this because the voltage difference increases over time?

I also noticed that even after unplugging the laptop, I was getting a squelching noise caused by the guitar lead I was using, which I don't recall noticing before. I replaced this with a different lead and the squelching stopped, but there is still some very minor noise noticeable when I shake the lead - is this normal for an electric guitar and amp?

admin

It's very common issue with many laptops running windows

It's induced noise in the audio from the the laptop "green" /energy efficient switching Power Supply brick.

Steps to tame this USB Audio connection noise from a laptop is explianed here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=367.0

tpandela

In playing with Gumtowns Katana FxFloorBoard Editor (thank you sir!) I'm not understanding how to setup the Green, Red and Yellow presets for Mod, FX, Delay and Reverb in a given patch. In FX, I stumbled into the the three colors working, I experimented with Tremolo, Phaser and Octave, but the parameters I set for each were not saved. So can someone enlighten me as to the process?

Thank you,
Tom

Elantric

AFAIK - storing these "Red, Yellow,Green effects memory slots remains not fully functional in the current version of Gumtowns Katana FX Floorboard Editor.

CodeSmart

I just love the Floorboard, it's great! It's brilliant!
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

kneagle

Does anyone know if the Master, EZ-Tone, Knob Panel, or System buttons serve any useful function with the Katana? How about the Patch clipboards or the Bulk Write button?

vtgearhead

Quote from: CodeSmart on May 15, 2017, 02:07:15 PM
I just love the Floorboard, it's great! It's brilliant!

Absolutely.  I'm not even bothered by the fact that it didn't come with free Ginzu knives!  Seriously, Colin, it's nice work.

gumtown

Katana just arrived today, so,
I have a Katana 100 112 and a GAFC foot controller.

the first thing I did after unboxing was install the USB driver and test out this Katana FxFloorBoard editor thing that I heard about.

I then immediately made some changes to the editor and fixed the little nagging things, so the correct patch/channel numbers appear, and it writes to the correct channel now too (only on my machine because  I haven't updated the release version yet).

more to come soon. . . . .      ;D
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

CodeSmart

Quote from: snhirsch on May 15, 2017, 04:41:55 PM
Absolutely.  I'm not even bothered by the fact that it didn't come with free Ginzu knives!  Seriously, Colin, it's nice work.

And it's really annoying to us how far you have gotten without having access to the real thing  ;D
Now, if you dragged the amp to work, I'm really wondering how you gonna hide it under the shelf...
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumtown

Quote from: CodeSmart on May 15, 2017, 10:36:50 PM
And it's really annoying to us how far you have gotten without having access to the real thing  ;D
Now, if you dragged the amp to work, I'm really wondering how you gonna hide it under the shelf...
It was mostly luck, using the existing GT-100 editor as a template, and the comments and feedback from all, on what does not work.
The Tone Studio files are also a midi implementation giveaway too.

so here it is,
the latest KATANA FxFloorBoard editor update
version 20170516

for win, mac, Linux Ubuntu 64.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/experimental/

I have also been plugging away at the Katana Patch Loader software, and finally cracked how the Boss Assigns work,
being able to receive a midi cc#, match it to one of the 8 assigns and have it call up any Katana parameter and scale the
outcome, using exactly the same controls as a Boss Assign.
It is now a matter of finding if the Katana can save/store any assign info, to make the cc# assigns work 'per patch' otherwise the assigns will have to be a global thing.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Beanow

Woo awesome stuff!

Quote from: gumtown on May 16, 2017, 04:35:54 AM
It is now a matter of finding if the Katana can save/store any assign info, to make the cc# assigns work 'per patch' otherwise the assigns will have to be a global thing.

There's always the text fields that might be retrofitted. Although the allowed value limitations will require encoding.
Some of the indirectly disabled stuff may work too. Like using the preamp B parameters other than on/off. They get stored and recalled, they're just useless.

October3

Thanks gumtown, much appreciated

Will floorboard be able to read / 'see' what is in a stored preset?

I make up an effects chain and save it by pressing & holding the preset key, but floorboard cant see it after a power cycle at the moment

whippinpost91850

Awesome news.  Now you won't be working in the dark.  How in the hell do you do that

hsuru4u

Gumtown..thanx for all your work on the floorboard app. You have really made a great amp even more great with options!.

stevesilk51

Great news about your new Katana and GA-FC, same set up as mine.

Thanks for your efforts again.

tpandela

I see something in Fxfloorboard that may be a bug. When accessing the sneaky amps through the GUI, if I choose "Clean" from the drop down my amp lights up "Acoustic" and when I choose "Acoustic" from the drop down my amp lights up "Clean". Anybody else seeing this?

Tom

gumtown

Quote from: tpandela on May 16, 2017, 08:14:27 PM
I see something in Fxfloorboard that may be a bug. When accessing the sneaky amps through the GUI, if I choose "Clean" from the drop down my amp lights up "Acoustic" and when I choose "Acoustic" from the drop down my amp lights up "Clean". Anybody else seeing this?

Tom
Possibly, the structure of the first five amp choices was changed and re-changed by opinions of user feedback.
Now that I have a Katana, I will be able to 'see' first hand.
Some changes are a comin'

vtgearhead

Quote from: tpandela on May 16, 2017, 08:14:27 PM

I have noticed the second situation (never paid attention to the first).  Gumtown is on it :-).  Shouldn't be long now!