GT-100 Amp Switching with Midi in a Patch

Started by steviebabes, May 09, 2017, 10:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steviebabes

Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone can help, or at least put me out of my misery.

I'd like to switch channels on my Blackstar Series One, from within a patch, on my GT-100, and I just cannot quite figure out where the setting is to control it.

I can see that with the Midi out connected to the amp as I change patches the amp switches channel, so the 4 patch change buttons are working  I just want to be able to set that for some patches and not for others and use the Accel/CTL pedal to do usual switching of effects on and off and send a Channel Change message to change the amp channel.

gumtown

I am not learned on the BlackStar amps, but if it only listens to patch change, then it will only change channel as the GT-100 changes patch.

The GT-100 does not have any function to select which pedal sends patch change or not, the patch change message is only sent as the GT-100 does an actual path change within itself.

The other option is the use the GT-100 AMP CTL jack, assigned to a peda to do A/B channel switching of your amp, if it supports a foot switch type channel changer.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/