GT-001 - User Reviews

Started by admin, March 11, 2014, 12:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amplayer

Quote from: MickTheHat on July 28, 2014, 08:08:37 PM
So, 8 out of 10 for this reason (but, soundwise, the Full Monty!).

Have you had a chance to try out the microphone input?
If yes, is it any good?

It's hard to imagine Roland put a very good mic preamp in there for only $299 street price.
If the mic input is reasonably good though, this thing is just about the best value I can imagine for a fully featured USB audio interface combined with guitar processing too.

Elantric

QuoteIf the mic input is reasonably good though, this thing is just about the best value I can imagine for a fully featured USB audio interface combined with guitar processing too.

Right there with the Boss BR-80 - which includes 8 track SD card recorder, COSM Amp FX, 24 bit Audio USB interface,  built in Stereo mics

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4606.0

amplayer

Quote from: Elantric on April 28, 2015, 03:44:07 PM
Right there with the Boss BR-80 - which includes 8 track SD card recorder, COSM Amp FX, 24 bit Audio USB interface,  built in Stereo mics

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4606.0

Yes.  The BR-80 is one pretty cool item.
But the BR-80 doesn't have an XLR input like the GT-001.
Plus, wouldn't the GT-001 have more up to date COSM stuff since it's supposed to have the GT-100 processing?
As cool as it is, I don't need the mobility offered by the BR-80.
If I get the GT-001, it will sit on my desk next to my computer, and probably never leave.

Nevertheless, there's a group buy for BR-80, and that makes it a ridiculously good deal compared to GT-001...

Vmark

Quote from: mbenigni on June 11, 2014, 08:24:16 AM
Agreed, no 5-pin and no class-compliant USB MIDI equals: dead end.  I wouldn't go so far as calling it a boycott, but I don't have any intention of buying either, for these very reasons.  I just don't see how you're expected to use them to their full potential as they stand right now.  The GT-001 is fine on a desktop, at home or in the studio, but they're both basically crippled for live work.

My comment above was just meant to express how convenient these smaller footprints are... or could have been.

I'm trying to quickly get up to speed on these animals (GT-001, GT-100 and the GT-1).
Here's what I've learned so far (subject to correction)...

The GT-001 and GT-1 are similar in sound capabilities. The GT-001 being designed for home/studio use,
the GT-1 being designed for live band/gigs etc.

The GT-100 also designed for live band/gigs etc. and with more options for pedal-switching patches on the fly.
Not sure if the GT-100 has more sounds available over the other two?
But it certainly weighs a lot more.

GT-001 has MIDI capability in terms of playing/recording mono audio lines to MIDI, whereas
the GT-1 lacks this ability. GT-001 allows mics to be plugged in, not so with the GT-1.
GT-100? Not sure about its MIDI capabilities or mic-friendly?

gumtown

GT-100 and GT-001 are virtually the same internally, with 200 user and 200 preset patches, same effects and dual preamps and parallel effects structure.
The differences are the obvious external, GT-001 has a mic input (can only use one input at one time), GT-100 has pedals and FX Loop.
Both do the mono pitch to midi.

The GT-1 is a subset of the above with less effects and only a single chain with one preamp. It has 99 user and 99 preset patches, no FX Loop, no pitch to midi, and no midi ports.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Vmark

Thanks for the summary Gumtown, just what I wanted.