GP-10 Routing

Started by bfantle, October 23, 2017, 08:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfantle

Is it possible to route the acoustic sound to a PA, and then route an electric sound to an amp?  for example, if i am doing Band on the Run, i want the intro part to go into an amp, and the acoustic verse into a PA.

thanks

Barry

sixeight

You can use a chorus or delay effect to do panning. Then you can use the left output for acoustic and the right output for electric.

Here are a description of the delay/chorus panning trick:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18569.msg132276#msg132276

danel59

So could that work for panning the guitar/amp modelling to one side and the synth to the other? I don't have one yet and was interested in the routing of the Gr55 as it seems you can route the guitar and amp modeling to the guitar out and the synths to the L/R outputs. But most of the research on this forum sounds like better guitar modeling on the GP10 which is what I am interested in. I have a Kemper so not as interested in the Amp modeling. but would like some synth sounds as well.

sixeight

On the GR-55 you can route the guitar modeling or the normal put to the guitar out, but it is noisy and not usable for high gain amp models.

On the GP10 only the normal put is routed to the guitar out. You cannot route the cosmetic model to this output. All outputs from the digital part of this device are output left and right.

danel59

I understand the routing of the GP10 but saw from the original post that you could pan signals using delay or chorus so wondered if the same could be true for guitar models and synth
Re the noise of the GR55 guitar models on the guitar out. I am not a high gain player how would noise level be for Clean and mid gain stuff like country, jazz, blues and classic rock? I do have the noise gate on my Kemper that may help with that as well

Thanks
Dan

sixeight

Quote from: danel59 on October 29, 2017, 09:51:24 AM
I understand the routing of the GP10 but saw from the original post that you could pan signals using delay or chorus so wondered if the same could be true for guitar models and synth

There is no pan control in the guitar models or synthetic, but any signal can be panned using a chorus or delay block.

Re the noise of the GR55 guitar models on the guitar out. I am not a high gain player how would noise level be for Clean and mid gain stuff like country, jazz, blues and classic rock? I do have the noise gate on my Kemper that may help with that as well

Experiences vary: https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3196.0

Redvers

I thought all the modelling options had string pan settings so you could pan an acoustic sound?

Anyway this is one case for using FRFR and not guitar amps. I've had success running a regular electric guitar sound with a modelled acoustic sound, using the expression pedal to blend or cut as required. I also use a delay on the acoustic to delay the whole thing by 20ms or so. This adds depth so the two guitar sounds have different attacks.