Fishman Tripleplay - East-West Samples for FTP

Started by LightWing, December 20, 2016, 08:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midi-guitar

Quote from: PeterPan8 on May 19, 2017, 08:39:03 AM
Finally, the East-West "teaser" package is here! 
https://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay-downloads/

The EastWest MIDI Guitar Instruments Teaser Pack is available for free to all TriplePlay users. Use the link below to create an account with EastWest and install the EW Play Engine plugin with free sounds specifically created and programmed for TriplePlay.

I didn't install it yet, but I will... as soon as my computer is fully running (had a major bug 2 days ago, and have to re-install most of my software  :( )

But at least I have something to tease me in speeding up the re-install process  :)

I can't see how to download it.  On the Triple Play downloads page, I clicked the "Register To Download" button, went to the East-West site, registered the product and created an account, BUT - I can't see where on either the East West or the Fishman site where the download link is!  I'd thought there's be a "My Downloads" or "My Products" or something like that section in my account area at East West but there's none.

So how the heck can I download the Teaser Pack??  Sara?  Anyone?

Elantric

Quote from: midi-guitar on May 19, 2017, 10:35:24 AM
I can't see how to download it.  On the Triple Play downloads page, I clicked the "Register To Download" button, went to the East-West site, registered the product and created an account, BUT - I can't see where on either the East West or the Fishman site where the download link is!  I'd thought there's be a "My Downloads" or "My Products" or something like that section in my account area at East West but there's none.

So how the heck can I download the Teaser Pack??  Sara?  Anyone?

#1 You must Register YOUR Fishman Tripleplay hardware with Fishman and have an Account with Fishman and log in to obtain the files
Else if you have purchased the FTP used and are not the original owner, you can purchase a FTP software License here:
http://www.fishmanstore.com/subgrouping.htm?cat=31071&searcht=&results=15&type=&&orderfield=prsdesc&sort=&mid=0&ofcomp=IC&n=16

Go here and page down a few pages

midi-guitar

Quote from:  cplm
You have to install:
1. EastWest Installation Center 1.2.9 and
2. PLAY 5.0.4

Then the Installation Center will download the product you did register.

Here:
http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?section=updates&article=

The Play 5.0.4 is the plugin.

Thanks!  Had no idea, nothing said to do that.

FishmanSQA

Quote from: midi-guitar on May 19, 2017, 10:10:42 AM
Sara,

I have TP 1.4 beta installed.  So is there anything I should do when updating to the new released v1.4 other than run the installer?  Will I have to update firmware again?

Hello-
If you already have all of the 3rd party software you wish to use installed and authorized, simply run the v1.4 installer, and follow instructions for the EastWest teaser pack.
Once installed you can expect to see a firmware update for your controller and FC-1 (if you own one.) The Firmware for this release should be: Controller: 2.33  Receiver: 1.85 and FC-1 : v1.5

Have fun!
Sara

midi-guitar

Quote from: FishmanSQA on May 19, 2017, 11:18:23 AM

Hello-
If you already have all of the 3rd party software you wish to use installed and authorized, simply run the v1.4 installer, and follow instructions for the EastWest teaser pack.
Once installed you can expect to see a firmware update for your controller and FC-1 (if you own one.) The Firmware for this release should be: Controller: 2.33  Receiver: 1.85 and FC-1 : v1.5

Have fun!
Sara

Thanks!

FishmanSQA

Folks...I just wanted to be sure to post this somewhere. I'm seeing reports of "Receiver Not Found", but the problem is that an audio device is not selected. *** Please be sure to check your Audio Preferences and select one immediately when you start v1.4. ***

Best,
Sara

Irlodng

Quote from: Elantric on May 19, 2017, 10:43:17 AM

#1 You must Register YOUR Fishman Tripleplay hardware with Fishman and have an Account with Fishman and log in to obtain the files
Else if you have purchased the FTP used and are not the original owner, you can purchase a FTP software License here:
http://www.fishmanstore.com/subgrouping.htm?cat=31071&searcht=&results=15&type=&&orderfield=prsdesc&sort=&mid=0&ofcomp=IC&n=16

Go here and page down a few pages

how about when you lost your email afters years of registering?

admin

how about when you lost your email afters years of registering?

same option is available

you can purchase a FTP software License here

But I assume you have already contacted Fishman on this matter directly ( not just this forum,)  since you are already dealing with  Fishman support with your name and ID I would await their response to follow through with renewing your existing account and supply your missing  / lost   log in credentials

I use a few different  yahoo, gmail accounts   - I have not deleted an email since 2005  - so its easy for me to search my old emails for the original User account ID that all my software  / hardware vendors supplied via email for the past 12 years.

Irlodng

Quote from: admsustainiac on May 21, 2017, 09:29:30 AM
same option is available

you can purchase a FTP software License here

But I assume you have already contacted Fishman on this matter directly ( not just this forum,)  since you are already dealing with  Fishman support with your name and ID I would await their response to follow through with renewing your existing account and supply your missing  / lost   log in credentials

I use a few different  yahoo, gmail accounts   - I have not deleted an email since 2005  - so its easy for me to search my old emails for the original User account ID that all my software  / hardware vendors supplied via email for the past 12 years.

yes im just waiting for them and server to go online

PeterPan8

Feedback from East-West Teaser pack.

After many (many) long hours of going through the install of Installation Center and Play, fidgeting with download, registering and activating hurdles, I finally installed the pack.

First off, it's a huge Gb trial pack but with only a few interesting VSTs . I was a bit disappointed with some limitation, for instance many sounds (like trumpets, flutes or violins) don't cover the whole fretboard. In a full song, it's pretty much useless. I just hope that the full MIDI Guitar series cover the whole fretboard!

The teaser covers 5 packs:

1. Orchestral: trumpets, chimes (more like church bells), solo cello, contra bass, and solo flute.
2. Ethnic: Duduk, Bansuri, Diruba, Santoor, Wales Legato ah.
3. Soundscapes: CS80 Orchestra (whatever that means!), Ethereal, FX Atmosphere, Gamaian box ambient, sundal.
4. Guitar and Bass: Ibanez lead legato, 61 Fender jazz, Baritona lead, Spanish Steel guitar, Washburn guitar pick.
5. Keys and Perc: Full organ (more like an 80s basement organ, not a church one), Floyd piano master, GS-1 Hybrid piano, Lion Drum Ens., Marimba.

I know it's a "teaser" pack, but at least they should have given us full instruments to play with.

Some good points: Most sounds are quite good and really accurate. Drums are amazing. I was disappointed with the soundscapes. I would have hope for more natural "ambient" sounds, like pads and stuff.

Anyway, it's fun to work with... but, the installation was a real pain!  The jury is still out if I would go for EW Midi guitar, Omnisphere or a full SampleTank 3 package.

Any of you know about a review on vGuitarforums of the last two: Omnisphere Vs. SampleTank 3 (full)?

Note: This is not a real review but a quick appreciation of a new kid on the synth block.

admin

QuoteFirst off, it's a huge Gb trial pack but with only a few interesting VSTs . I was a bit disappointed with some limitation, for instance many sounds (like trumpets, flutes or violins) don't cover the whole fretboard. In a full song, it's pretty much useless. I just hope that the full MIDI Guitar series cover the whole fretboard!

#1 problem with most MIDI Guitarists is,  they are ignorant of the musical range of genuine orchestral instruments

The goal of the EW samples is authentic recreations of real instruments - no resampling, no extended ranges 
so the "limitation" you observe (many sounds (like trumpets, flutes or violins) don't cover the whole fretboard) will still exist on the purchased version

admin

QuoteAny of you know about a review on vGuitarforums of the last two: Omnisphere Vs. SampleTank 3 (full)?

Use Search

http://bfy.tw/BxPR

http://bfy.tw/BxPU

PeterPan8

Good explanation (and nice chart, btw!)  And you are correct that as a guitarist I am quite limited in my knowledge of other instruments range of play (though I played other ones, like clarinet).

In regards to what you said, I can ask: Is there a way to "stretch" the sound so it covers the whole fretboard? or can I "move" the sound, some sort of displacement maybe?

E.g., if I play a piano sound beyond the 12th fret, and I have to play a different instrument that is splited (using TriplePlay) from the 1st to 5th fret, I would find it awkward to go back and forth from the 1st fret to the 12th fret and beyond.

PS: Cool animated trick on the shortcuts!

FishmanSQA

Hello everyone-

This information went out with the 1.4 notification email, but I wanted to also post it here: All TriplePlay Users who purchased TriplePlay before May 19, 2017, get $30 off ANY of the five EastWest MIDI Guitar Series titles. Use the code FISHMAN30 when you checkout. Visit fishman.com/eastwest for more details. Please note the offer expires August 15, 2017.

splumVG

updating TP to 1.4, I get an "access denied" pop-up re C\Users\...Kontakt Elements...R2\Instruments\TriplePlay. I've tried a few checking "allow" boxes under Properties, no luck so far. Also sent and email to support at TP.
Anybody else?
Thanks,
Richard:

Update/edit/modify
It was my antivirus Bitdefender blocking the access. Had to attempt to install, wait for the popup, hit try again, THEN bring up Bitdefender and hit the Ransomware/add trusted application.
Yeah!

frummox

Received an e-mail a couple of days ago announcing a sale ($50 off) on the Fishman Tripleplay East West libraries. The sale runs through June 9. Anyone download any of these libraries yet? Thoughts?

ITL

Yes, I bought all 5 in the library. Overall I love them :) :)The sounds are very clean and what I really like is that a lot of the work to modify them for the midi guitar has been done for you(i.e. velocity curves, mono versus poly mode, pitch bend rang, etc).
LGXTSA, Godin Session Custom TriplePlay w/ Fishman Piezo, JTVariax59, Axe-FXII, Integra 7, Motif XS, VoiceLive 3

frummox

Decided to go for one of the new East West libraries for TriplePlay. I use two computers loaded with the TriplePlay app and accompanying libraries, a Mac Pro tower and a MacBook Pro. Apparently you can only use the East West library on one computer at a time which I find limiting. They use the iLok app to authorize the library. To used a second computer you have to deauthorize the library in the iLok app in the first computer then authorize it on the second computer.

FishmanSQA

Quote from: frummox on June 07, 2017, 08:35:31 PM
Decided to go for one of the new East West libraries for TriplePlay. I use two computers loaded with the TriplePlay app and accompanying libraries, a Mac Pro tower and a MacBook Pro. Apparently you can only use the East West library on one computer at a time which I find limiting. They use the iLok app to authorize the library. To used a second computer you have to deauthorize the library in the iLok app in the first computer then authorize it on the second computer.

Hello-
I can see how this would be frustrating...a possible work around would be to buy a second ilok? You should then be able to use the same license on both computers.

Best,
Sara

frummox

Buying another iLok seems like overkill to use the library on just two computers. I wrote East West tech support about this (Mike). I was initially unaware that I had to go back and forth with the iLok app. There does appear to be another solution. On the East West site it is mentioned you can buy a second license which I presume would allow you to use two computers although I don't much like the idea of spending even more money. I asked about a second license (pricing, etc) when I respond to Mike in East West tech support but he never got back to me.

JeffTronics

Mike's a busy guy. He was helping me with my own licensing snafu. In the end I downloaded the iLok app because the online activation kept failing. I'm glad it's working now with the exception of the large foot-print the iLok app takes up. I recall the installer saying it installs over a 100 mb. The app is 39.6 mb. I can live with this. As for multiple computers. Since I can only use one computer at a time, it's probably a few minutes out of my time to swap the activation.

One thing that was mentioned to me. After the library is activated i can uninstall the iLok app. No go. Tried it and couldn't load the plugins.

frummox

Mike just got back to me: "The Cost of an additional license is usually the same as the library, minus whatever charge, if any, may have been included for media and shipping, etc.". I didn't have any problems with the download and first authorization. I already have a physical iLok for ProTools and the iLok app wasn't a problem. I still believe its not unreasonable to have the library work on at least two computers without going through the song and dance of deauthorizing/authorizing. Libraries from other companies allow it.

JeffTronics

I agree with your point, thinking more about it. The hassle of going through the inactivate/activate step should be removed.

dblacha

Hi Guys, has anyone succeeded installation for Win10 / 32bits (Play v4 instead of v5)?

I cannot get it working after a "success" installation and configuration.
Even if I do the step with a setting of the directory for the "favorite lib", any try ends with `Please set a valid Favorite path for ""` - where "" means an empty string...

This is probably my first software of any kind, that I'm giving up with trying...

VG8 / VG88 / VG99 / WP20G / GP10 / SY1000 / GKP4 / US20 / Sustainiac / EBow

Elantric

IMHO the last good 32 bit version of Windows was WinXP

I unfortunately have one computer that runs a 32 bit version of Windows 7, and that computer is by far the machine that is most incompatible with modern software I try to run on it.
I understand many of today's Windows tablets run a 32bit version of Windows 10,  I predict lots of failure using a 32 bit OS today

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/42852/microsofts-windows-10-feature-32-bit-version/index.html

Microsoft's Windows 10 will also feature 32-bit version, but why? 32-bit Windows in 2015? Gah, it burns! Yes, Microsoft is going to still support the arcane 32-bit revision in upcoming operating systems By: Paul Alcorn | Operating Systems News | Posted: Jan 15, 2015 3:51 pm Comment | Email to a Friend | Font Size: AA Microsoft's head of the Windows Insider program recently extolled the virtues of 32-bit Windows on Twitter and announced that Microsoft will be providing 32-bit versions of Windows 10. This is surprising considering that 92.8% of new Windows computers utilize 64-bit operating systems.     ADVERTISING inRead invented by Teads 32-bit operating systems pigeonhole users to 4GB of user addressable memory, not just RAM. Many GPU's feature much more than 1GB of RAM, and this drains the user addressable memory pool, so subtract a portion of video memory (it's not a direct 1:1 ratio) from the total RAM you can actually use. Add in PCI and ACPI and the pool starts to get pretty shallow, so why oh why is Microsoft still moving forward with 32-bit?   Of course Microsoft has to consider all of the existing computers that run 32-bit versions of the operating system, which are estimated to be roughly 71 million. This is based off of computers that are currently receiving patches, but it could expand into the hundreds of millions. Considering that Windows is deployed into over a billion computers this still seems like a small fraction of the user base, and with the vast majority of systems being 64-bit compatible it is interesting that Microsoft will still develop 32-bit versions.   The existing 32-bit user ecosystem still seems to be a paltry excuse for Microsoft to continue wielding the arcane 32-bit cludge, and this is likely more of an attempt for Microsoft to defray any negative press around the release of Windows 10. I can't count the number of people I have encountered with 8GB of RAM and a 32-bit operating system, the average user simply doesn't know they aren't actually utilizing the extra memory. Worse yet, someone running a 3GB GPU with a 32-bit OS. Oh, the pain.   Expect this troubling trend to continue with Windows 10.

Read more: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/42852/microsofts-windows-10-feature-32-bit-version/index.html