GT100 midi controller question

Started by 080, July 05, 2016, 05:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've been looking over a lot of previous post trying to figure out the whole patch change stuff and hoping maybe someone could explain it to me. In other post it looks as though what I'm trying to do can be done which is change patches on my DD500/Big Sky in correlation to the preset patches on the GR100. I have plugged everything in Big Sky on channel 1, DD500 channel 2 and set the GT100 to match. When I go up or down on the GT100 banks and patch changes the Big Sky follows the same changes so it's reading from the GT100. Where I'm getting confused is how do I program a patch on the GT100 to send the correct info to the Big Sky? For example, if I'm on bank 1 patch 1 on the GT100 then the Big Sky shows the same and follows as I go up or down through everything. If I want to be on bank 3 patch 1 on the GT100 but want to use bank 7 patch 3 on the Big Sky I don't understand how to program that on the GT100. I think I'm going in the right direction on understanding the midi stuff but if not could someone steer me in the right direction? I have gone through a lot of previous posts here and a lot of YouTube videos so I apologize is if this has been explained and I'm just not getting it.

gumtown

Some devices have what is called a 'midi program table' which sets the patches selected for any given received patch change command.

General midi specification dictates that it is the receiving device that decides what patch to select,
so either adjust the 'big sky' midi program table (if it has one) or re-arrange it's patches to match the GT-100
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

That was the conclusion I came too but with my minimal experience with midi I figured I must be overlooking an edit page on the GT100 somewhere. Bummer. To do it that way I would probably be making multiple copies of certain patches and to add to that I need to control the DD500 the same way. Maybe ditching the GT100 and getting an actual midi/pedal controller is the best move. Thanks for the clarification.

guitared

Yes this midi stuff can be frustrating.
I have been using setlist maker to control both my gr 55 and fender mustang floor. Add presets into a list in the app for both devices and add them to your songs. Tap screen to next song and both pedals change to preset i want.
I picked up a gt100 for a good price but doesnt seem to work, as boss, in their wisdom did not include a midi thru option, nor roland on the gr55...let alone no midi at all on gp10...?????
It seems now i need to go out and buy a midi thru box to get the gt100 and gr55  to do as i want.

Mrchevy

The DD-500 seems to have MIDI mapping ability so try watching this video and see if this helps understand how to do what I think your trying to do. I'm not sure about where the Strymon fits in the chain or if it can be chained with the GT100 and the DD500. The video is under the pretense that the GT100 is the main control for patch selection and the secondary unit(s) are changed by the GT100. The presets are built in the perspective units and called up by the GT100. Which preset is pulled up in correspondence with the GT100 patch, is set up in the DD500 via the PC Rx midi mapping explained in the video. Hopefully this will help some.

! No longer available
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

Shure

To use the gt-100 as a controller, you need to understand the midi addresses of it, I got to control a daw with the gt-100, I discovered that using the midi-ox program you can see all the gt-100 addresses correctly and so to set up what you want, ie pedal 1 of gt 100 has an address ex: 1, pedal 2 of the same ja address and ex: 17. so the midi-ox says all the addresses correctly and as mentioned above can configure correctly.

admin

Quote from: Shure on November 27, 2018, 12:08:32 PM
To use the gt-100 as a controller, you need to understand the midi addresses of it, I got to control a daw with the gt-100, I discovered that using the midi-ox program you can see all the gt-100 addresses correctly and so to set up what you want, ie pedal 1 of gt 100 has an address ex: 1, pedal 2 of the same ja address and ex: 17. so the midi-ox says all the addresses correctly and as mentioned above can configure correctly.

and refer to

MIDI controller Setup / Debug
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2975.0