Ableton Live & GR55

Started by Migz, November 05, 2017, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Migz

Hello everyone!

I see many videos and tutorials on how to control gr55 with other controllers such as FC 300 or other Midi Foot controler.

Is it possible to control the Gr55 not with other pedals but with a computer through a DAW?

For example, I have a strymon time line, bigsky and a Line 6 M5 and I easily use my DAW - Ableton Live to change presets on the pedals, control expression parameters and other very cool functionality especially in the time line is that the delays always stay in bpm.

Just assign a channel on the daw to each pedal and assign CC to control the parameters.

I leave this video where it demonstrates exactly what I am trying to do with the GR 55 but I can not be successful.

Can someone help me?

Thank you.

Migz

Hello again!

Thanks for the answer.
I have been reading all the information but I am not able to send Midi information from ableton live to gr 55.

Can we be more specific please?

1- I connect a 5-pin midi cable from the midi out port of my audio interface to midi in port of the Gr55.

2- On Ableton Live i create a new midi track and select the output ports (as i do with strymon or line 6 pedals and it works).

3 - Everything is apparently ready to work.
Now it is necessary to select the Midi Channel for Ableton and Gr55 communicate. In Ableton Live select Channel 4 and in GR 55 I do the same (I think!) :)

I do it in this way :

go to system menu - midi / usb - General - Patch CH (select 4) -
PC RX on - Midi Sync - on GTR - MIDI String CH 4.

Is there anything missing?

I find it strange that I can do this with analog pedals and I can not do it with the gr 55.

I can use the gr55 through usb connection and play vst like for example native instruments massive.

The point here is not to do this. The question here is my DAW to change previously automated parameters.

Thanks again.

Help please!

:)

Elantric

You will benefit employing a third party MIDI MONITOR to debug MIDI Communication

I use my smartphone and a USB MIDI cable
Follow details here

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2975.0