Spin the wheel of tone!

Started by Bill Ruppert, February 21, 2018, 08:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Ruppert

Spin the wheel of tone!

alexmcginness

Great way to really test pickups.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Hurricane

Smash

but does it rotate via midi?  ;D

frummox

Something vaguely 1950's about this. Still, I'd love to hear a demo.

alexmcginness

I dont see where the preset buttons are....
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Rhcole

It should be a figure 8 to cover both neck and bridge positions!

vanceg

The best thing about it is - It's MOTORIZED. Yep, it's true, the entire system is on a stepper motor that can, under MIDI or OSC control, rotate at up to 33.3 RPM!  The "tonewheel" as we like to call it, provides an effect somewhere between a classic phaser, a leslie cab, and the doppler than happens when you spin a cat around your head by his tail.  When you select the correct set of pickups to place in each slot, you can move your tone from the 50's through the 60s, 70s, and 80's (the 90's sounded like combinations of the previous 4 anyway, so, no need to emulate that.   

Ask Bill to give you a demo!  Heck, ask him to come to your home or band practice room and give you a PERSONAL demo.  I'm sure he's down.

Hurricane

Quote from: vanceg on February 22, 2018, 08:57:26 PM
The best thing about it is - It's MOTORIZED. Yep, it's true, the entire system is on a stepper motor that can, under MIDI or OSC control, rotate at up to 33.3 RPM!  The "tonewheel" as we like to call it, provides an effect somewhere between a classic phaser, a leslie cab, and the doppler than happens when you spin a cat around your head by his tail.  When you select the correct set of pickups to place in each slot, you can move your tone from the 50's through the 60s, 70s, and 80's (the 90's sounded like combinations of the previous 4 anyway, so, no need to emulate that.   

Ask Bill to give you a demo!  Heck, ask him to come to your home or band practice room and give you a PERSONAL demo.  I'm sure he's down.

Bill Ruppert

Quote from: vanceg on February 22, 2018, 08:57:26 PM

Vance, you are very right!
It spins very fast and produces the classic Hammond B3 tone wheel sound.
A great side effect we found is the spinning also sends a cool breeze out the back of the guitar onto your crotch area which is great for long summer night sessions.
I will come to homes to give demonstrations as long as there are ample amounts of snacks, alcohol and cash on hand.

admin

Quote from: Bill Ruppert on February 23, 2018, 05:47:38 PM
A great side effect we found is the spinning also sends a cool breeze out the back of the guitar onto your crotch area which is great for long summer night sessions.
I will come to homes to give demonstrations as long as there are ample amounts of snacks, alcohol and cash on hand.

Like the Aural Exciter , you cant buy it, instead you rent it by the hour ,

but it consumes a steady supply of Cramoline R5 applied liberally each hour

to minimize static noise from the 5  spinning pickup signals that employ multiple slip rings

to feed  5 separate amps arranged in a  pentagram along the circumference of your circuit cellar while you ride the snake  in the middle of AmpHenge to experience the full MK Ultra puppet conversion

Bill Ruppert

Like the Aural Exciter , you cant buy it, instead you rent it by the hour , but it needs a strady supply of vintage Cramoline R5 applied liberally each hour to minimize static noise from the 5  spinning pickup signals that employ multiple slip rings to feed  5 separate amps arranged in an equidistant  pentagram along the circumference of your circular star chamber while you ride the snake  in the middle of Amp Hendge to experience the full MK Ultra puppet conversion

Precisely Steve!
The Cramoline R5 is a must as well as a kidney belt and a truss.

chrish

Assuming I already have the kidney belt and the Truss, does anyone know what this rig will cost? Sounds like I'm going to need at least a case of Cramoline R5.

Elantric

The Atlantis Lost Continent  preset ( to be released at 2018 MusikMesse ) is very faithful to the original and delivers ear and eye staggering action for a transformative experience as you become a member of a weird cult that worships strange gods of science.

Smash

It's also the ultimate practice aide for Pete Townsend windmilling. Start at low rpm then progress from there - if you get the same pup sound every hit you've cracked it....

Smash

Hang on is it the pickups rotating here or the guitar (man)

admin

ultimate goal is permanent feeling if unfullfillment and need for  G.A.S. mind control to fill the souless void  for those foolish to try.

alexmcginness

Quote from: Bill Ruppert on February 23, 2018, 05:47:38 PM

Man!!!! The designers of this thought of everything!!!!

Rhcole

An added plus is that you can charge newer Apple products by placing them near the guitar.

gumbo

...great idea !!

...only downside I see is the 12 volt auto battery attached to your belt in order to run the motor.   :-\
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Bill Ruppert

Quote from: gumbo on February 25, 2018, 02:09:28 AM
...great idea !!

...only downside I see is the 12 volt auto battery attached to your belt in order to run the motor.   :-\

That is why it ships with a  truss and kidney belt.