GK-3 External to Internal . Help to find info

Started by ProgMystic, March 28, 2012, 05:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProgMystic

Greetings folks, I'm sorry to ask such a lame question but... A while back I found a really interesting thread in the forum posted by someone who had converted an external GK-3 into an internal install on a Les Paul. At the time I found it very interesting, now I find it a necessity. I really need to do the same thing but I have been scouring the forum for days trying to locate the original thread to no avail. I have searched every string I can think of but just cant find that particular story.

Does anyone remember the thread, can anyone help me locate it again. I have a nice Roland Ready Strat which I have done a fair bit of tweaking on and I love it. I am going to start using my VG99 as a gigging rig now that I have gotten my head around it a bit but I will need a backup guitar just in case of string breakage etc.

The thread I'm looking for had really good explanations of the process along with some great photos. Thanks in advance for any assistance.  :'(
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

ProgMystic

Thanks a lot for that Elantric. I also found most of those, but the actual thread I am looking for was not amongst them. Pity, it was a great piece of information. The only thing I can think is that I actually found it somewhere else which surprises me as this is my first call for good info.

I appreciate your input.  :)

ProgMystic

Thanks for that link Elantic.

I also saw this one recently which is very close to what I am intending on doing once I get around to it. Nicely executed I thought.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9486.msg68292#msg68292
:)