Native Instruments RigKontrol 3

Started by mbenigni, May 13, 2013, 07:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

The 1st company who makes a USB Class Compliant 24bit Audio  / and 5pin  MIDI I/O version of the NI Rig Kontrol 3 will generate lots of sales.

FWIW - I notice N.I. recently dropped all online web info on the RigKontol3 - I predict N.I. will have a new RigKontrol 4 by October 2014,(possibly debut at summer NAMM in August 2014) and N.I. is aware of the need for  driverless "USB Class Compliance"for IOS Ipad support  - they recently updated the firmware on their  Komplete Audio 6 to become a USB Class Compliant Audio Interface for iPad support.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/986/traktor-dj-ios-audio-interface-compatibility/

The following Native Instruments audio interfaces are compatible with iOS 6 on the iPad and TRAKTOR DJ, as long as the listed firmware version has been successfully installed to the device:

Note: Learn more about the current status of the iOS 7 compatibility with our devices here.

KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 with firmware version 45 (powered USB hub required)

mbenigni

I would look forward to this, but I hope they source decent parts for the footswitches this time.  (They could take a page from TC Electronics; the switch on the Ditto looper I just bought is perfect.)  I've owned every revision of the Rig Kontrol to date, and they've yet to get one quite right IMO.

Elantric

QuoteCRITICAL compatibility warning with the upcoming Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan upgrade

Before upgrading to the latest version of Mac OS X – version 10.11 El Capitan, please consider these potentially serious issues concerning your KOMPLETE, TRAKTOR, and MASCHINE products. Two major issues have been identified:

1. NI plug-ins do not pass the AUDIO UNITS validation in Mac OS X 10.11 – Logic Pro affected
In Mac OS X 10.11, Native Instruments AUDIO UNITS plug-ins will not pass the AU validation and will therefore not be available in Logic Pro. The root cause of this issue has been identified and a solution is currently being developed in close contact with Apple.

2. Incompatibility with some older NI hardware
There are compatibility issues between some older NI devices and Apple's upcoming operating system. This issue triggers a 'kernel panic' – this serious problem will crash the connected computer immediately, resulting in loss of any unsaved work, or serious disruption of a performance.

The following hardware is affected:
TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 (MK1)
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 (MK1)
TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 (MK1)
AUDIO 8 DJ
AUDIO 4 DJ
AUDIO 2 DJ
MASCHINE (MK1)
GUITAR RIG 3 (RIG KONTROL 3 hardware)
There are beta drivers already available that fix this issue. Updated drivers will be released as soon as they have been fully tested on OS X 10.11 – shortly after Apple releases OS X 10.11 to the public.

Download the beta drivers here
http://newsletter.native-instruments.com/go/11/1EQEO1TI-1EOOPJS2-1EOOPJRU-1BJ7B8Z.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Kernel+OS+10.11+c%3DKernel_OS_10.11+b%3DTraktor+t%3DSocialMedia

To keep your system working normally with the affected products, we strongly recommend waiting before upgrading your computer to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until these issues have been fully solved by either Native Instruments or Apple.

Stay up to date on all future developments regarding Mac OS X 10.11 compatibility here
http://newsletter.native-instruments.com/go/11/1EQEO1TI-1EOOPJS2-1EPRQV2H-YFA1DPR.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Kernel+OS+10.11+c%3DKernel_OS_10.11+b%3DTraktor+t%3DSocialMedia

Thank you for your attention,

The Native Instruments team

admin

Native Instruments products now supported on Mac OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan

Please note that the compatibility issues connected with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan are now resolved.

The latest OS X 10.11.1 update fixes the issue where Native Instruments Audio Units plug-ins did not pass the AU validation and therefore were not available in Logic Pro X.

New drivers are also available that fix the issues experienced by users of MASCHINE (MK1), RIG KONTROL 3, and older TRAKTOR hardware.

For more information, please read this Knowledge Base article.

Best wishes,

The Native Instruments team

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/4431/os-x-10.11-el-capitan-compatibility-news/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=El+Capitan+all-clear+everyone+else+c%3DEl_Capitan_PD+b%3DKomplete+t%3DSocialMedia&utm_source=newsletter