Fender-Roland G-5 Stratocaster

Started by aliensporebomb, January 19, 2012, 03:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfradkin

Quote from: Aynsley on June 27, 2012, 10:56:21 AM
I'd be interested to hear anyone who has used one of the 2012 versions (if they are any different at all)
I actually SAW one in a UK dealer today, and it looked, well, "cheap" compared to an American Standard.
Sadly, I was unable to actually try it (not the shop's fault, I'd dropped in with too little time, and unannounced)
I never had the opportunity to look at the instrument the first time around (2007?)
In some ways, if it were of American Standard quality, I'd be tempted over fitting a pickup to my own instrument, and buying a VG-99 or GR-55.
I get the vibe that I may be alone in that view! :o

I have several V Systems: GR-55, GP-10 as well as a VG 2007 Strat. I like them all and they all have their strengths respective from each other. Many of my decisions as to what to use for a performance are depending on travel, weather, the set list etc. For myself, the VG Strat fulfills a need for convenient less lugging of gear.

scrufy

A lot of good points here but honestly I'll keep my 50th anniversary american roland ready strat with the gk-2a and my GP-10.
It does great and feels like an old friend everytime I pick MIT up.
New patches keep the UK interest going.