Subout

Started by sixslinger1, May 12, 2023, 06:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixslinger1

I'm using the subout on my GTKCORE to route an acoustic sim to the board via my acoustic amp. I've set my acoustic effects in the subout and direct them through the subout. Sometimes they are in a divider, sometimes they are not, but they are usually the first in my signal chain. This worked very well, I was getting some bleeding from the main output, but put a dummy plug in the empty return and it seemed to stop that.

My problem is with the other patches that don't have acoustic sims, the main output is going through the subs, hence through the acoustic amp, which I'd prefer it didn't, even with the dummy plug.

Is it because the sub is downstream from the mains in the default settings? What would be the best way to remedy that? Place the subs in a dead-end divider? Put the subs up front in signal chain? I've only had my GTKCORE for about a month, so any help would be appreciated.

Hammerhands

On page 45 there's a setting under In/Out Setting->Output, Sub Out->Output Level (Sub-Out)->Output Level.  I'm not sure if that is a global setting or per patch.

You could put the sub in the unused half of a divider set to single mode.

Quote from: sixslinger1 on May 12, 2023, 06:07:06 AMI was getting some bleeding from the main output, but put a dummy plug in the empty return and it seemed to stop that.

You might want to try setting Send to Sub Out, Aux Mute.

On page 54 under Hardware Setting->Other->Send1 Setting, Send2 Setting where you set Send1 or Send2 to Sub Out, there are two Sub Out settings, Sub Out and Sub Out, Aux Mute. 

Sub Out has this note "Be aware that if a plug is not plugged into the RETURN jack, the signal sent to SUB OUT is also output to OUTPUT."

sixslinger1

Burying the Sub out in a unused divider works. I already had Sub out set to "Sub out, Aux mute", a signal was still present in Mains, but a dummy plug fixed most of it, it's still there, but it's very quiet.