GT-1000 Core output question from a newbie !

Started by magicaldog, April 14, 2023, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicaldog

Hello !

I just wonder if it's possible to have one stereo output with effects and IR and another Stereo output that mirrors the first but excludes all the effects except the IRs ?

This is because I want to hear all the effects as I record but NOT record them.

Cheers !

Boisdelac

Don't use the Stereo outs. For recording try the USB outs instead. Have a look at the Parameter guide page 46. The USB outs provide dry and effect-processed audio signals

Jim Williams

Always remap when recording it is best to save that dry track for tonal changes. There are endless things you can do to that dry guitar track. You can send it to a Midi Guitar 2 plugin to get a synth sound or send to ML Sound labs plugins for some very good guitar tones. You also can build your GT tones to fit in the mix.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

magicaldog

Quote from: Boisdelac on April 14, 2023, 10:03:55 PMDon't use the Stereo outs. For recording try the USB outs instead. Have a look at the Parameter guide page 46. The USB outs provide dry and effect-processed audio signals

I need the stereo outs for my Mackie mixer so that I can also use my Boomerang looper who's signal inputs is fed via the AUX outs from my Mackie mixer. ( Not at the same time though ;) )

Basically what I need is:

1.Stereo outs with effects plus IRs for my Mackie mixer and monitoring what I play both for looping and DAW recording.

2.USB out for recording dry sounds with IRs but without effects.

According to the Parameter guide page 46 it seems to be doable.

Thanks !

Boisdelac

Dry out means ...pure guitar signal without any amp sim and no fxs. Why do you need an IR for such a pure guitar signal?

magicaldog

Quote from: Boisdelac on April 15, 2023, 07:27:52 AMDry out means ...pure guitar signal without any amp sim and no fxs. Why do you need an IR for such a pure guitar signal?

Sorry !

I ment

1. Amp Sim + Effects via Stereo outs.
2. Amp Sim - Effects via USB outs.