Problem with every acoustic patches (all of them)

Started by vleydan, January 04, 2023, 11:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vleydan

Hello everybody!
I'm trying, from a very long time, to obtain a decent acoustic sound with my pedal boards (I actually own gr55, gp10 and vg99), until now the only functional ones are the ones working on the gr55, because all the others give me some problem, if I leave the volume as the patches suggest... I cannot even hear the sound, but if I try to boost it with eq or gain or anything else the sound is terrible (buzzing, disturbed).
The problem is present, someway, also in the electric clean guitar, but since the volume of the guitar is already reasonable I don't have to push it to a level that generate that buzzing.
I've tried to adjust the sensitivity of the strings (put that to 30), the pickup-bridge distance is quite right (10mm)... but I really don't know what to do apart from this.
The GK3 is new and the cable too.

Thank you for your time :)
You cannot view this attachment.
V.

admin

Be sure you are feeding an amplification system loud enough for the venue

Try some of our user created patches for your specific 13 pin GK Processor

Try the excellent GP-10 Acoustic patches here.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18014.0

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18533.0

gumtown

Your sound example seems like you are trying to get Line Level output from an Instrument Level device, and pushing the output into clipping distortion.
Or feeding Line Level output into a Mic input ?
What are you feeding the Roland/Boss GK device outputs into ?

You need to get the gain structures sorted with the right levels to each stage.
I bet your driven/distorted guitar tones probably don't quite sound so good either ?

I think this is something we can easily sort out for you :-)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

vleydan

Thank you so much, both of you, for your time and your dedication.
I'll try to be more specific.
My amp is the Katana MK2 100.
Now I'll do an experiment with a couple of patches to give you a more detailed explanation of the situation.
Here is the acoustic patch Brand Guitar (acoustic patch downloaded right now, I'm leaving every parameter just as it is)

Now, changing the guitar and the amp (but leaving the same parameters)

Going back to the previous guitars and changing some value on the EQ and the patch level to the max

Same parameters but different guitar

Sincerely I'm not even liking the way the electric guitar sounds with these parameters, but I have tested other patches with some great sound, so I guess that touching the EQ parameters should be done with a lot of salt in the head.

gumtown

In what way is your VG-99 connected to the Katana?
Guitar Input, or AMP Input.
I see you are running VG-99 Amp and Cabinet modelling, into a device which already has amp modelling and a guitar speaker cabinet (if running into the Katana Guitar input).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

vleydan

AMP input, but I'm using the Katana in Clean mode with no effects whatsoever (and I get this result also trying to listen with hearphones, the audio has been recorded through the pc, connected via pc).

vleydan

No matter how I try to do it, as soon as I push the volume a little higher (through the eq or the patch level, or using compression, the level knob of the virtual guitar)... I always end up with the same result.
That's bogging.

admin

The Katana is an electric guitar amp - feeding its rear AMP IN  jack will not allow Katana to apply more EQ - so the 40-8khz non linear_non flat guitar speaker will be the battle 

Try VG-99 straight into powered quality PA cab or Studio monitors

And use VG-99 Patch Volume and Master Output Level  to adjust decibel level

vleydan

Hello again!
That was a wild night.
The System button stopped working (99% of the times), I tried a partial reset of the unit, successfully (pushing the button 100 times, I kept the patches), then the buttons on the GK3 stopped working, than the wheel to change patch on the VG99... This morning new reset, complete, and I've recovered the wheel and the gk switches, the sound is still fuzzy though.
The suggestion from admin made me realize that I had to re-read the previous message from guntown, infact I was using the guitar input, not the power amp input.
Interesting enough, with the VG99 the situation didn't change at all but with the GR55 the clean sound is better than ever.
Now, yesterday I was really mad at me because I've spent too much on this unit (even buying the fc300, now "useless" until I fix this thing) without being able to grasp something so basic (I mean... I want a clean "clean" sound, I don't think I'm asking too much, right?) and ready to trash everything and buy everything from scratch.
Then I remembered that the last couple of electricity bill were an almost fatal blow to my finances and decided to don't listen my inner childish voice.
And I'd prefer to solve this mystery than give up.
So, a couple of question.
I've recorded the samples with the unit connected to the pc via usb, the sound was the same that I heard through the Katana, this should mean that the culprit is not the amp?
What if I test the acoustic/clean patches with a couple of headphones connected to the phones output? I should hear a proper clean sound?
If this test with the headphones fails I guess I'll try to contact the roland support here!

Thank you again, guys.

admin

Understand on the Roland/Boss processors the OUTPUT MODE  will not impact the USB Audio output

Or the Headphone Output

Feed the Roland/Boss Processor 1/4" Main Output into a third party audio interface if you seek to measure the EQ  result of changing  Output Mode.

Use the VG-99 Editor and verify the independent Output EQ settings  for its 1/4" MAIN OUTPUT   vs the separate EQ for XLR SUB OUTPUT

vleydan

Thank you for the "input",
All in all it seems that lowering the low frequencies volume can lessen the problem, so I've bought e pedal with an equalizer to play with it, until I've found something better in the speaker/monitor world that can support the bass I want to play.

Thanks again :)